Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST recalls info thread

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Now that I read the service bulletin this makes sense. My A/C performance has been iffy since I purchased the vehicle with only 10 miles on it. I'm hopeful this relay is the reason why.

jayrod1980

Well part of the AC issue is it programmed wrong. The relay may help with strength... Everything seems to be working well but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jealous that you guys all were able to get the new relay that quick. I called 3 dealers asking about the new part and ultimately just ended up scheduling to get mine done at my dealer since they all said it would take almost 2 weeks to get the new part. They all made it sound this is affecting all fiestas and not just the STs

Just go to Tascaparts.com or Ebay and order the relay. They're out there and not back ordered, AFAIK.

Jealous that you guys all were able to get the new relay that quick. I called 3 dealers asking about the new part and ultimately just ended up scheduling to get mine done at my dealer since they all said it would take almost 2 weeks to get the new part. They all made it sound this is affecting all fiestas and not just the STs

Jayrod, so just to double check: When I go to Tasca, I will want to order part# 5M5Z14N089EA, even though the relay says ++15505 2E on the top? Thanks!

jayrod1980

Interesting. Could you explain what you mean by programmed wrong?
If you have a 2016 and went through winter with it, you may notice that upon a short stop, that your a/c will blow full blast no matter what you set it to. A reflash of the system by the dealership will fix that. I've not seen how it will behave in the heat since it was winter when it happened to me, but since the reflash it's been fine.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
If you have a 2016 and went through winter with it, you may notice that upon a short stop, that your a/c will blow full blast no matter what you set it to. A reflash of the system by the dealership will fix that. I've not seen how it will behave in the heat since it was winter when it happened to me, but since the reflash it's been fine.
Reflash meaning they reflash the ECU or the AC computer? I'm scared to go into the dealer with my AP map.

jayrod1980

If you have a 2016, I can almost guarantee your AC is messed up. They flash/reprogram the AC through the OBD2 port... The same port you connect your accessport to. A custom map won't affect the AC flash. If you are worried, flash to stock, take it in, and get the reflash done. It takes no time at all if they aren't busy. I hate taking my car in but in this case they just port into that. Ask about the service bulletin on the air conditioner and that yours doesn't work right. Tell them you already replaced the fan relay if they mention that.

I've taken my cars in flashed and stock.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
If you have a 2016, I can almost guarantee your AC is messed up. They flash/reprogram the AC through the OBD2 port... The same port you connect your accessport to. A custom map won't affect the AC flash. If you are worried, flash to stock, take it in, and get the reflash done. It takes no time at all if they aren't busy. I hate taking my car in but in this case they just port into that. Ask about the service bulletin on the air conditioner and that yours doesn't work right. Tell them you already replaced the fan relay if they mention that.

I've taken my cars in flashed and stock.

I will definitely set up an appointment to get that done. Thanks for the info.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
So my replacement relay came in the mail today and I went to replace it. Turns out I already have that relay in my car. Weird.

My production date on my VIN plate is 11/15, so maybe it was early runs of 2016's that had the recall?

Either way it looks like I have an extra now so if someone wants it for the cost of shipping send me a PM.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Actually, maybe it is different. The new relay has the 15505 2E on the top and the old one says 15375 2C. However the numbers on the sides are the same. Both have "5M5T 14B192 EA" on it. Can someone else confirm?

jayrod1980

Take a picture of the prongs of both. If the new one is beefier then you had the wrong relay. Mine was different entirely.

jayrod1980

All of these relays have different numbers. I believe the code on the bag is what matters. The numbers on the relay are probably the serial number. It's really easy to see how big the new gray one is compared to the other. I just don't know how these affect anything but I know I hold closer to 185 now on the freeway even when it's hot. I read somewhere that the stock thermostat didn't kick in until 200 something on coolant, but my car actively tries to stay around 185 degrees. When I go from high load, high speed and slow down swiftly, coolant temps will actually drop to as low as 170 even in 80+ degree weather briefly until the system normalizes again.

I'm glad it hasn't overheated yet, but I've done a few spirited runs in 90 degree weather and coolant temps got up to 205 degrees.

Well, if you have a 2016, I definitely recommend changing it ASAP. Here was my old one. Melted much? Lol!