Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squealing noise in boost after intercooler pipe replacement

Mods:
Injen intake
2JR intercooler
Depo Racing pipes
ATP downpipe
MBRP exhaust
Symposer delete
Cobb RMM, Stage 3 tune

I just upgraded my stock intercooler pipes with the Depo Racing kit. Went for a test drive after and heard this strange squealing noise while boosting. Did a boost leak test up to 30 psi and tightened down a few clamps which stopped the leaks. Still had the squeal in boost though. Took a quick video of it in 1st and 2nd gear. Anyone have any similar noises appear?
Thanks for any help.

[video=youtube;04GFCq1PBqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GFCq1PBqU[/video]

Mods:
Injen intake
2JR intercooler
Depo Racing pipes
ATP downpipe
MBRP exhaust
Symposer delete
Cobb RMM, Stage 3 tune

I just upgraded my stock intercooler pipes with the Depo Racing kit. Went for a test drive after and heard this strange squealing noise while boosting. Did a boost leak test up to 30 psi and tightened down a few clamps which stopped the leaks. Still had the squeal in boost though. Took a quick video of it in 1st and 2nd gear. Anyone have any similar noises appear?
Thanks for any help.

[video=youtube;04GFCq1PBqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GFCq1PBqU[/video]
Ever fix this issue? I just installed charge pipes on mine and it does the same thing.

DangerMouse

Mine does something similar after mountune charge pipe but only after a cold start. I'm guessing it's normal and just from replacing the charge pipe with the muffler thingy on it.

Sounds like a boost leak. I had a similar sound when I first installed my intercooler and had to adjust the piping (I just had stock rubber ones) and retighten the clamps. If it is only heard when it is cold, it may be that there is not a perfect seal when everything is cold, but it seals up as they heat up and expand.

DangerMouse

Mine very well could be but it only does it once or twice immediately after cold start. I have silicone boost hoses, I'll have to double check everything when my car gets back from the shop. I have heard others mention a similar sound and it being completely normal after charge pipe install.

I wonder if it's pushing the limits of volume that the internal bypass valve is good for, could be a leak at the turbo.

OP
Sujsage
Thread Starter #7
Late bump but it was the hoses on the intercooler. I over tightened the tbolt clamps and bent the metal outlet on the driver side. Straightened it out and the noise hasn't come back since.

Late bump as well i fixed mine it was one of clamps on the intercooler hitting 27lbs feels good [loveboost][rockon]