Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What Tire Pressures Are You Running for Street Use?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
By the way, given that these vehicles come with Summer tires, I was looking to price a set of wheels. One can easily blow $1000 on a set of gravity-cast (among the lowest quality) wheels. If not already, it's going to be hard to find a match for the black wheels that on the 2016. So that's yet another reason to run higher pressure.

Good article. One thing I routinely point out on this subject, is that your tire pressures, more than likely spike to 100s of PSI every time one hits a bump, curb, pothole, or crater. Only very very rarely do tires blow-out anymore, in response to road hazards; and a mere 10 PSI difference won't make or break the tire under those circumstances. I only managed to blow out a tire after sliding into a high-cornered curb at 10~15mph on a downhill with the front brakes locked. (slippery surfaces - pressures were standard anyway)

This perspective would be even better if offset with the drawbacks of running higher, and the benefits (albeit few) with running standard. For *cool* wet streets and snow/slick conditions, I find that lower tire pressures improve traction. ("never" go lower than standard)

I just adjusted my stock 17" wheels with Bridgetone 205/40/17 to 38lbs front/35lbs rear, both cold, using the AirHawk. See how it handles. I read on my stock tires max pressure 50 lbs so I'd inferred 45lbs all around(since all tires are the same brand/height/width)

Zormecteon

I just adjusted my stock 17" wheels with Bridgetone 205/40/17 to 38lbs front/35lbs rear, both cold, using the AirHawk. See how it handles. I read on my stock tires max pressure 50 lbs so I'd inferred 45lbs all around(since all tires are the same brand/height/width)
You may very will want to put a differential between front and rear as "the book" (Ford) recommends. The pressure written on the tires is for the tires, while that written on the door jamb is specific to the car. ..... Do as you will, just

My 2¢