Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Centering Rings for Sparco Assetto Gara 16x7

Hey all,

Anyone know the centering ring size for the Sparco Assetto Gara 16x7 wheels Tire Rack sells? I got a set at my local Discount Tire and didn't get them, so bad things began to happen; but the guy I worked with ordered them and is expressing them here tomorrow. No big deal. Either way the car drives VERY poorly above 70 MPH without them.

Regardless of that story, the rings are plastic. I autocross a lot so, this won't work very well. They will likely melt. Anyone know what size rings I need so I can go ahead and find proper metal rings?

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

I just ordered the same set up from tire rack today. There'll be here Friday so if you don't get the info by then I'll measure them

OP
commonplatypus
Thread Starter #3
I just ordered the same set up from tire rack today. There'll be here Friday so if you don't get the info by then I'll measure them
Thanks! Make sure you put them in! I actually did end up figuring out the sizing through some very intense Google-fu. It's 63.4 for our hub and the bore on the wheels is 67mm. If you could double check to make sure I'm right on that, that would be awesome. :D

Thanks! Make sure you put them in! I actually did end up figuring out the sizing through some very intense Google-fu. It's 63.4 for our hub and the bore on the wheels is 67mm. If you could double check to make sure I'm right on that, that would be awesome. :D
No problem

OP
commonplatypus
Thread Starter #6
I did not take the ring out yo measure yet but it says 73/63.3 on it
Perfect. Thanks. I confirmed with a friend of mine who has the same set and ordered an extra set from Gorilla in addition to the set on order from DT; as the plastic will likely not survive autocrossing in the long term. I also found some aluminum rings I ordered, but they won't be here for a few weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSNHGOC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A295M0YSJKHL0M

OP
commonplatypus
Thread Starter #8
Let me know how the aluminum ones are, I put them on my wish list. I would prefer the metal ones too
Will do. The plastic ones I installed from Gorilla (Part #73-6336) are quite thick and fit very snug. I am dead certain that these are the ones that Tire Rack ships out with the wheels. Interestingly enough, it seems we share this part with the Focus ST. Our hub bore is the exact same sizing, as well. I installed the plastic ones yesterday and will be eager to see how they fare in autocross. I suspect they'll hold up decently by virtue of being so thick.

You can find them on Amazon here with Prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00280BGI0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The aluminum ones were recommended highly by my speedshop guy who re-balanced the tires for me and educated me a bit about rings and why they're important to have and what they should be made of. He explained that thicker rings will resist heat longer than thinner rings and that the latter tends to turn to plastic dust from becoming so brittle during even a single autocross event. The hub gets that hot. Metal will prevent this.

Will do. The plastic ones I installed from Gorilla (Part #73-6336) are quite thick and fit very snug. I am dead certain that these are the ones that Tire Rack ships out with the wheels. Interestingly enough, it seems we share this part with the Focus ST. Our hub bore is the exact same sizing, as well. I installed the plastic ones yesterday and will be eager to see how they fare in autocross. I suspect they'll hold up decently by virtue of being so thick.

You can find them on Amazon here with Prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00280BGI0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The aluminum ones were recommended highly by my speedshop guy who re-balanced the tires for me and educated me a bit about rings and why they're important to have and what they should be made of. He explained that thicker rings will resist heat longer than thinner rings and that the latter tends to turn to plastic dust from becoming so brittle during even a single autocross event. The hub gets that hot. Metal will prevent this.
hey man do you have any updates on these aluminium rings? im looking to get a set for my sparco assetto garas.

also, this may be a silly question, but do you know if this size centering ring will fit the 17inch sparco too? or is it just for 16in wheels? or does the wheel size matter?

Just as a note, most aftermarket wheels run a consistent wheel bore size throughout their line (most OZ wheels are all the same, same goes for Enkei, Volk, etc.) so the only variable is the inner diameter for your hub. I'd be willing to bet that the 16" sparcos are the same bore as the 17's and so on. So a set of the 63.3mm inner to 73mm outer should work on your wheels as well. I have a set of 16's on my '16, and this was the size I installed for hub rings.

Hope that helps.

Just as a note, most aftermarket wheels run a consistent wheel bore size throughout their line (most OZ wheels are all the same, same goes for Enkei, Volk, etc.) so the only variable is the inner diameter for your hub. I'd be willing to bet that the 16" sparcos are the same bore as the 17's and so on. So a set of the 63.3mm inner to 73mm outer should work on your wheels as well. I have a set of 16's on my '16, and this was the size I installed for hub rings.

Hope that helps.
thanks for the info! this is great. i think ill have to grab a set of aluminium onesand give it a shot

hey man do you have any updates on these aluminium rings? im looking to get a set for my sparco assetto garas.

also, this may be a silly question, but do you know if this size centering ring will fit the 17inch sparco too? or is it just for 16in wheels? or does the wheel size matter?
These are the aluminum rings I have in both my 17" Sparco Asseta Garas, as well as my 15" Sparco Drifts.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSNHGOC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the aluminum rings I have in both my 17" Sparco Asseta Garas, as well as my 15" Sparco Drifts.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSNHGOC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hey Man,

thanks for the info on the aluminum rings, jsut got them today. I swapped out the black plastic ones from tirerack (which were TIGHT)! and tried to put in the aluminum rings. They seem to be the same size, but they do spin within the wheel if that makes sense. If I were to flip the wheel upside down they would fall out. Are your aluminum set the same way? Or in your experience are they super snug like the plastic ones I took out?

thanks again!

Hey Man,

thanks for the info on the aluminum rings, jsut got them today. I swapped out the black plastic ones from tirerack (which were TIGHT)! and tried to put in the aluminum rings. They seem to be the same size, but they do spin within the wheel if that makes sense. If I were to flip the wheel upside down they would fall out. Are your aluminum set the same way? Or in your experience are they super snug like the plastic ones I took out?

thanks again!
That's normal. The plastic ones have tabs that hold them in place. Can't do that with aluminum.

perfect. thanks for the confirmation!
Keep that in mind any time you rotate tires, swap them, etc. Sometimes those rings stay in the wheel and sometimes they stay on the hub. It can be easy to end up with two rings or no ring on a wheel, which leads to bad things!!

Keep that in mind any time you rotate tires, swap them, etc. Sometimes those rings stay in the wheel and sometimes they stay on the hub. It can be easy to end up with two rings or no ring on a wheel, which leads to bad things!!
thanks for the heads up. yea, ill definitely make sure to replace all of them when rotating, etc.