Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Home Made Brake Deflectors Help

Does anyone have the Boomba Brake deflectors? I've grown tired of cooking my brakes during every track day and have decided to to fabricate a set similar to them and was hoping someone could take a few pictures and post them so I can get dimensions to work with. After looking at them on their website I'm pretty confident I could make a pair for way less than what Boomba is charging. Any help and input is appreciated.

I didnt know these existed, pretty cool idea. do they also deflect water and mud onto the brakes?

- sorry Im not contributing to your question.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I didnt know these existed, pretty cool idea. do they also deflect water and mud onto the brakes?

- sorry Im not contributing to your question.
Haha. Only if you spin off. In which case you'll need the brakes cooled.

KKaWing

The "best" diy ducts I've see is 2 ducts on the lower deflector thing (the gray strip under the front skirt that scrapes everything), tied the ducts to the intercooler piping and control arms pointing to the brakes. Add a CMZ brake shield for better effect.

Link to pictures.

haste

1000 Post Club
I was lucky and found a set from a forum member for $90 shipped. I wasn't about the spend retail for those things. I'll see if I can snap some pics later as I just left them on the car after my track weekend. I hope they are still there! :p

They seemed to work great for me. I had fade the very first time I went to VIR without the deflectors. No fade this time. Also, get some Castrol SRF brake fluid and put that in fresh for raceday.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
I was lucky and found a set from a forum member for $90 shipped. I wasn't about the spend retail for those things. I'll see if I can snap some pics later as I just left them on the car after my track weekend. I hope they are still there! :p

They seemed to work great for me. I had fade the very first time I went to VIR without the deflectors. No fade this time. Also, get some Castrol SRF brake fluid and put that in fresh for raceday.
That would be great! Thank you! I'm weighing my options right now between the deflectors and the ducting.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
The "best" diy ducts I've see is 2 ducts on the lower deflector thing (the gray strip under the front skirt that scrapes everything), tied the ducts to the intercooler piping and control arms pointing to the brakes. Add a CMZ brake shield for better effect.

Link to pictures.
Really like this set up too. I actually work for the place that sells the black ducts he used. I may end up just doing this

haste

1000 Post Club

Link to pictures.
Those are nice, thanks for the link.

I went outside and took a few shots of the right side deflector on the car. They have been on there about 3k miles now and were originally black. =D