Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the big difference here?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #41
Spectre is the Fisher price of the performance after market world![grinking]

koozy

3000 Post Club
Just on the off chance of that ever happening to one of 'our' (yes, even well reinforced) silicone intake hoses under full boost vacuum acting on them, I will avoid them like the plague! [ohcrap]

Granted, Spectre has a lousy, cheap China made only shit rep, and that was probably a plain non-reinforced rubber connector elbow, but still, not worth the chance to me. [wink]
I don't blame the company or where it's made, I put fault on the man or woman who engineered/designed it. Production lines just push products out, engineering is where critical thinking should have taken place.

AzNightmare

We are seriously running out of things to bicker about lol! I have the Ramair, zero issues what so ever and the shipping is fast as hell coming from England.
No, this is a good. We're just waiting (and waiting and waiting) for conclusive evidence that this hose is durable enough under WOT.

The fast shipping has little relevance on the product's effectiveness.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't blame the company or where it's made, I put fault on the man or woman who engineered/designed it. Production lines just push products out, engineering is where critical thinking should have taken place.
Yes, of course, but those engineers/designers do WORK FOR that said company, no?? So it does reflect on the responsibility of the company, and their WHOLE process, including the manufacturing. [wink]

There IS some quality product coming out of mainland China, but for the most part, they are still not "there yet", and I don't trust most of what leaves their shores, despite any not based in China company's claims to obsessive QC oversight on the manufacturing processes. [nono]

(This is BESIDES the whole unfair/unbalanced trade issues involved, but that is a whole 'nother story, and getting too 'political' for this site. [wink])

koozy

3000 Post Club
Yes, of course, but those engineers/designers do WORK FOR that said company, no?? So it does reflect on the responsibility of the company, and their WHOLE process, including the manufacturing. [wink]

There IS some quality product coming out of mainland China, but for the most part, they are still not "there yet", and I don't trust most of what leaves their shores, despite any not based in China company's claims to obsessive QC oversight on the manufacturing processes. [nono]

(This is BESIDES the whole unfair/unbalanced trade issues involved, but that is a whole 'nother story, and getting too 'political' for this site. [wink])
we don't know if those engineers/designers work for the company. The project could have been contracted out to which the company has not direct ties.

koozy

3000 Post Club
TRUE, but STILL that company's ultimate responsibility. ;)
and from their perspective the product works. there's no rules for them to abide by. engineers should carry the burden of designing and engineering and that's who I direct failure towards. stuff like this from a company like this is most likely farmed out to produce, etc. garbage in, garbage out.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
No, this is a good. We're just waiting (and waiting and waiting) for conclusive evidence that this hose is durable enough under WOT.

The fast shipping has little relevance on the product's effectiveness.
Yes yes of coarse, please help yourself by spending $150 for some under hood bling.

AzNightmare

Yes yes of coarse, please help yourself by spending $150 for some under hood bling.
Lolwut? I'm not sure how that response has anything to do with what I said or what this thread is talking about...

Wrong thread??

AzNightmare

IMO, I highly doubt the Ramair would collapse under WOT.
The intake in the video posted in the last page looked like a thin walled rubber tube. The fact it has those flex ribs in the hose shows how thin it was.
The Ramair intake hose is pretty thick, there's no way it would even be able to scrunch up like that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really do not understand why all of these intakes parts are not made from a non-heat soaking, composite thermoplastic material, then there would be NO worries of collapsing, or scrunching up whatsoever, no matter how thick/thin the silicone used, or how many plies of reinforcement the hoses have.

What exactly is the advantage of making something like these long run intake hoses out of silicone anyway, am I missing something here? [???:)]

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
What exactly is the advantage of making something like these long run intake hoses out of silicone anyway, am I missing something here? [???:)]
You're not. It just jewelry. For 99.99% of us it would make no difference, other than aesthetics. Hose collapse is baloney - you'd need to strap it to a monster vacuum.

I really do not understand why all of these intakes parts are not made from a non-heat soaking, composite thermoplastic material, then there would be NO worries of collapsing, or scrunching up whatsoever, no matter how thick/thin the silicone used, or how many plies of reinforcement the hoses have.

My best guess is cost. Plastic would require an injection mold which is far from cheap. I'm honestly not sure about silicon, but I'm guessing it uses some form of a mandrel, which is far cheaper. I think Cobb is the only one out there who went that route.

J2FoRS

We are seriously running out of things to bicker about lol! I have the Ramair, zero issues what so ever and the shipping is fast as hell coming from England.
How long did/Are you still running it? No issues?

J2FoRS

Nope no more FiST but when I had it absolutely no issues!
Thanks got an even better deal than their usual affordability on one with their new panel foam filter on the way now so that rests my insecurities now after reading all this "info."

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #59
I still have mine on....just haven't had the time in my two Job life to take the hood off the FiST and strap up the go pro to silence the critics....

I have a ramair hose on my fiesta. Not a single issue going on 6 months of ownership. Fit was perfect, doesn't rub or touch anything. For 40 bucks and the nice clean look it provides, I'm more than happy with my purchase.