Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the big difference here?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can someone please tell me the justification for price hike on one of these items compared to the other when they are both aesthetically alike in every way?

Hmmm....that's a mystery Richard?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
There is no difference. I bet you all of these silicone intake things are made by the same Asian company with different logos stamped on them. I always tell people to buy the ram air (eBay) version if they really want one of these things. Btw they do almost nothing. You're better off saving your money and putting it towards a good mod

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think that I read a review someplace that criticized how thin the Ramair hose was and that it rubbed someplace. I'd like to hear that from someone who actually has one as I've got a Mishimoto '16 hose on order and could buy 3-4 of the Ramair hoses instead.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
So you're telling me that a piece of steel....keep in mind it's most likely Chinese steel....makes a product 2-3 times as much? What a load of poo poo....

i can tell you that the ones that are not steel reinforced suck flat at high rpm
Bullshit. Please remember these cars have a 1.6 liter engine. Nothing, regardless of mods, will crush a rubber intake. Not happening.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I think a underhood video would be in order to prove the theory....I guess I'm gonna get the go pro out and strap it undneath the hood and test out the ramair intake tube....I will keep you all informed....expect results in less than a week. I can't see the hose collapsing either....I will put that theory to rest soon.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Not bulshit happened on my car on the dyno
Most of us don't pull 300whp so it will be interesting to see....so your telling me that neither company does any R&D on their products? Sounds like a risky maneuver if your a performance company. Like I said....I'll rip the go pro out and do some testing....I ran a radiator hose on my Typhoon while I conducted a search for a new intake tube and worked fine and is a proven replacement. The trucks a v-6 with a 20g on it..... We will see with the Fist....[rockon]

Where did i say companys dont do research. All i am telling you is that it happened on mine and it had to get wire reinforced one.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
This is something we will have to remedy isn't it? Don't worry...we will get it figured out in a jiffy !

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Hi there Aaron,

No it?s a 4 ply silicone so it will not collapse.

Best Regards

Ryan Davies

Sales

Ramair Filters Ltd

Tel +44(0)1980 635300

Fax +44(0)1980 801802

Email: ryan.davies@ramair-filters.co.uk

This e-mail is sent on behalf of Ramair Filters Ltd, registered office: Unit 21a, Manningford Motorsport Centre, Manningford Bohune, Wiltshire, SN9 6NL, (Registered in England No. 07562190). This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. The contents of an attachment to this E-mail may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer system. While Ramair Filters Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to

Sent: 18 July 2016 10:09
To: Ramair Filters <info@ramair-filters.co.uk>
Subject: Ramair Enquiry (Technical)

Name..Aaron

The Ramair intake hose that's silicone. Will it collapse once it gets warm under boost on the 1.6l turbo on a stock fiesta?

wp http referer

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
I will still do the go pro recording to add to the further technical aspect just for fun! Even though that answer is straight from the horses mouth!

Looking forward to the underhood video.
Thanks TyphoonFiST for making the effort !

I'm using a ramair intake tube myself and would be schocked if it sucked flat when pushing the car.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I've had the same issue with my Subaru. Under full load and boost the intake hose would compress almost folding flat. Switched to a KS Tech aluminum big MAF intake and obviously never happened again. I have the Mishimoto on now got in on the presage and have had no issues so to speak.

I would almost think that the tube sucking flat would indicate more of an issue with the filter/airbox than anything else. There tube itself should never have enough vacuum on it to collapse, assuming it can draw enough volume.

Siestarider

I believe both, that a high HP Fist can pull enough vacuum to collapse a thin intake hose, and that this should not happen.

Easy enough to monitor air pressure across intake system, that is what manometers are for.

I am mounting the Mitsu hose this weekend, and just got the parts to convert my driver's side fog lamp to an intake that will feed the lower inlet in my Mountune airbox, which I blocked once I realized (using manometer) the lower intake hose inlet located behind fog light was operating at negative pressure. I do not care how cool the air is, if one inlet is positive and one negative, guess where the air is going to come from.

My theory is 2J intake works very well because it is located in a high pressure zone, thus providing not vacuum but some positive pressure to turbo inlet. Of course, this cannot be tested properly on a dyno. But my aero experiments suggest fog light location is about 25% higher pressure than cowl at 80 mph. We will see. There are things VDyno does better than the machine itself.