Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

They do not. The turn signal remains the same as on the US cars. Instead of a dual filament like the US headlights, these headlights use a single filament in the turn signal. Basically on the Euro lights you're separating out one bulb (orange park + orange turn) to two (LED + orange turn). Moving the wire in the harness allows this to happen. I hope that makes sense.
Thanks! That makes perfect sense. I was worried they'd blink as well, which I definitely do not want to happen.

Chris G

They are on when you put your light switch the in P (parking light) position and on when the headlights are on. I can see myself cruising with just the parking light LEDs and Diode Dynamics fogs already. [emoji1360]

Chris G

Your lights look good! I'm glad you got them in and wiring wasn't too much of an issue. My wire colors were different than the comparison pic you posted, as well as different between sides. I imagine this was because I'm a 2016. That's what I simply pointed out wire position in my guide, because pin and wire location that is needed is the same, so it's easier than saying colors.
Thanks, man! I appreciate you doing all of that legwork. Seriously couldn't have figured it out without your initial guide (and Dave's input too).

You've gotta wonder why all the wires are different colors? Crackheads putting the car together? [emoji6]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] sorry if this has been answered (I believe I read every post but may have glanced to quickly at some). Does the euro assembly have a bulb in the top corner? This is the area that the NA has the orange reflector. Can't tell from the picture. Red circle in the picture.

8636619.jpg

fST

[MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] sorry if this has been answered (I believe I read every post but may have glanced to quickly at some). Does the euro assembly have a bulb in the top corner? This is the area that the NA has the orange reflector. Can't tell from the picture. Red circle in the picture.

View attachment 11188
No it does not. The Euros don't require having turn signals on the side there. That's why these lights are illegal and not brought over here from Ford, most likely. If there's a safety concern though, there are turn signals in the inner part of the headlights as well as the mirrors.

ETA: Actually, are the amber corners turn signals on the stock lights? lol I thought they were but maybe they're not? I didn't have my stock ones very long and never paid much attention to it.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
No it does not. The Euros don't require having turn signals on the side there. That's why these lights are illegal and not brought over here from Ford, most likely. If there's a safety concern though, there are turn signals in the inner part of the headlights as well as the mirrors.

ETA: Actually, are the amber corners turn signals on the stock lights? lol I thought they were but maybe they're not? I didn't have my stock ones very long and never paid much attention to it.
Thank you. They are not a turn signal (I am 90% sure they do not flash just light up when the driving lights are on). Secondly for the "side" signal the FiST has the mirror signals to meet regulations therefore technically yes the housing could be illegal(to be honest I am not sure at all) the car would not as it has the correct side marker signal. Sending a request for a quote now. Found a second source online that I could get them for 469pounds but 100pounds for shipping ish!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2672]fST[/MENTION].

Last question (don't hold me to that :p ) do the assembly come with the rubber boots for the openings or does one keep the NA ones?

fST

[MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2672]fST[/MENTION].

Last question (don't hold me to that :p ) do the assembly come with the rubber boots for the openings or does one keep the NA ones?
If you're referring to the rubber boot covers, yes, they're included. It's a direct swap. Nothing else is needed.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #209
I think while the lights could "technically" be considered illegal, the chances of you getting cited for them are VERY slim.

fST

I think while the lights could "technically" be considered illegal, the chances of you getting cited for them are VERY slim.
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm not the slightest bit worried. But they have to be technically illegal if the NA headlights have the amber reflector in the corners and the Euros don't. I can't imagine Ford just put it there to be extra safe.

I have an SVT Focus that I've owned for 12 years. I swapped the top grill out for the Euro grill which got rid of the ugly turn signals at each end of the grill. I've never been worried about it. Turn signals are in the headlights anyway if you have the HID headlight option. Cops would probably never notice.

Chris G

If a cop notices these are 'illegal'... more power to them. I think we will be ok with all of the other indicators and lights that the car has.

fST

If a cop notices these are 'illegal'... more power to them. I think we will be ok with all of the other indicators and lights that the car has.
Yeah, definitely not a concern for me personally. The only reason I brought it up is because it's been asked why Ford doesn't bring these over here. My guess is it's at least partially that.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm not the slightest bit worried. But they have to be technically illegal if the NA headlights have the amber reflector in the corners and the Euros don't. I can't imagine Ford just put it there to be extra safe.

I have an SVT Focus that I've owned for 12 years. I swapped the top grill out for the Euro grill which got rid of the ugly turn signals at each end of the grill. I've never been worried about it. Turn signals are in the headlights anyway if you have the HID headlight option. Cops would probably never notice.
Bah cops should be pulling over all the BMW owners to have their blinker fluid checked. Having a turn signal and not using is FAR worse than missing one side bulb.

Chris G

Getting a quote and actually buy 2 different things. ;) That said the pound to Canadian dollars is currently amazing and to my door its $750CAD or a little less than $600USD.
Sounds almost identical to what we are paying here in the states. I think mine ended up being about $585 USD shipped.

Chris G

Yeah, definitely not a concern for me personally. The only reason I brought it up is because it's been asked why Ford doesn't bring these over here. My guess is it's at least partially that.
Well, they know saps like us will pay $$$ to upgrade! [emoji1360][emoji23]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well, they know saps like us will pay $$$ to upgrade! [emoji1360][emoji23]
Sometimes more than one time upgrading the same thing....

A little more foot work and based on the experience I have with the current Xenon depot H11 LED I will get their H7 LED kit. Could go with the HID but not in the mood to worry about the ballast and the DRL function of the Canadian car.

http://www.xenondepot.com/H7-LED-headlight-kit-p/h7-led-hl.htm

Any objection? Not debating LED vs HID.