Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's unacceptable. You should send her that pic showing the proper way to package them. Maybe even offer her a lil something on the $ide. I would hate for these to become unavailable. I'm dying to buy'em!

fST

That's unacceptable. You should send her that pic showing the proper way to package them. Maybe even offer her a lil something on the $ide. I would hate for these to become unavailable. I'm dying to buy'em!
I'm doing my best to plead my case lol...i actually did send her that photograph but not sure it got to her supervisor. I should hear back from them tomorrow morning. Wendy seems to work banker hours or something lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they don't close off orders. Now that I've seen these installs, I'm ready to pull the trigger myself. There is obviously a (comparatively) sizeable market of FiST owners that want these headlights. Surely there is a way they can do this dependably?

fST

I'm hoping they don't close off orders. Now that I've seen these installs, I'm ready to pull the trigger myself. There is obviously a (comparatively) sizeable market of FiST owners that want these headlights. Surely there is a way they can do this dependably?
Well, it doesn't seem like they'd close off orders altogether. As of now, they're telling me to arrange my own courier. In reality, they will still need to package them properly no matter the courier. I'm trying to convince them that they need to wrap the entire headlamp assemblies in bubble wrap, at least a couple of times, depending on the type of bubble wrap used and even place both lamps in the same box, to greatly reduce the chance of damage during international shipments.

By the way, just got home from work about an hour ago and worked on mine some more. I found another part of the projector/halogen housing that wasn't in place, which was the reason why I couldn't get them secured in the exact correct position the other day. After some fiddling I was able to seemingly get the housing back in the exact place it should be in. Comparing it to the driver's side light which appears to be intact just fine and is already securely tightened, it looks right. I'm reinstalling them on the car now and will be able to tell better then.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
For what it's worth, mine were individually wrapped and put in seperate boxes and placed into one larger box. Mine weren't damaged at all. Wendy had followed up and asked if everything arrived ok. I told her about the chipped corner tab and she refunded me $20.

I wonder why [MENTION=2672]fST[/MENTION] had his lights packaged differently.

fST

For what it's worth, mine were individually wrapped and put in seperate boxes and placed into one larger box. Mine weren't damaged at all.

I wonder why [MENTION=2672]fST[/MENTION] had his lights packaged differently.
Most likely done by a different person. I'm sure they have multiple people working in shipping that package these shipments. I did tell them about how yours was packaged and didn't take any damage (besides the ends of the tabs, which really isn't that big of a deal).

fST

Well, good news!! I'm 99.9% confident that I was able to get the housing situated in the exact position it should be in! I just reinstalled both headlights, turned the aiming down as low as it would go (to be sure they're at the same level) and it appears both lights are the same now! I say "appears" because I am parked in a spot in my parking garage that is unlevel. I'll park on level ground and be aiming these lights soon to be sure but it looks like I'm good now!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why would they ever stop shipping them if they are selling them? Just put insurance on them and the shipper/fedex...dhl....ups etc pays for them until the show up undamaged.

fST

I convinced them to reship me another set. They said "2 more lamps will be delivered to them tomorrow morning". I'm not sure if that means 2 sets of lamps (to fill your order as well) or just 2 total lamps but they said they will be shipping mine out tomorrow after those "2 lamps" get delivered.

SFP

Well I have a tracking number from Parcel Force!

Who delivers for them in the US? If its USPS which i was told it wasnt by FPUK I may have a problem as they do not deliver to my physical address.

fST

Who delivers for them in the US? If its USPS which i was told it wasnt by FPUK I may have a problem as they do not deliver to my physical address.
Well, that pisses me off.

fST

They can't even take care of me before filling new orders. This has been awful with them.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77

Once it came to the states my package turned into USPS Express and I had to be home to sign for the package. You may have to pick it up from your local post office.

SFP

Once it came to the states my package turned into USPS Express and I had to be home to sign for the package. You may have to pick it up from your local post office.
Thanks for that! I will have to contact them once it reaches the states and make sure they don't do the whole return to sender because of no physical address delivery.

SFP

They can't even take care of me before filling new orders. This has been awful with them.
Well it's could be said the same way the ones they had coming in today were to cover my order before a decision was made for yours.

I would be rather mad if they took something ordered in for me and sent to another person...

That would be like taking my RS order and giving it a guy off the street because I didn't answer the phone when they said it was there.

I'm sure they have some on the way to correct your broken ones. They easily could have said it was the postal companies problem so I wouldn't get to mad and send emails just yet as it will most likely screw it up for everyone.