Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

fST

I'm sure they have some on the way to correct your broken ones. They easily could have said it was the postal companies problem so I wouldn't get to mad and send emails just yet as it will most likely screw it up for everyone.
They do. Wendy told me yesterday that lamps would be in today and shipped to me today. Then today I was told by Wendy that not all of them came in like they were supposed to but they were sending people out to try to get them in today. Because of that, she said there's a chance mine won't ship out today but would definitely ship out by tomorrow. But they should ship mine before yours. My order should have priority over yours. They ordered enough lights yesterday and stated they would ship another set of lights to me.

And it's not the postal companies fault for the damage. The person who packed mine was careless.

I'm not going to blow up on them, they're supposed to ship no later than tomorrow, so it's only a 1 day delay. It's still irritating, though.

Also check your spam, that's where my tracking info landed.
I don't have a tracking number. I never even received one on the first shipment!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #82
Thanks for that! I will have to contact them once it reaches the states and make sure they don't do the whole return to sender because of no physical address delivery.
I would contact USPS once it hits the states.

I'm not going to blow up on them, they're supposed to ship no later than tomorrow, so it's only a 1 day delay. It's still irritating, though.
Might I suggest that we allow these people, who are clearly becoming of leery of selling to the US, to relax and get comfortable with the process. They are polite Brits, not us brash Americans.[driving]

fST

Might I suggest that you save your rage for a bit to allow these people, who are clearly becoming of leery of selling to the US, to relax and get comfortable with the process. They are polite Brits, not us brash Americans.[driving]
I never went off on them or anything. And they've shipped several of these before to us in the US.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Might I suggest that we allow these people, who are clearly becoming of leery of selling to the US, to relax and get comfortable with the process. They are polite Brits, not us brash Americans.[driving]
Very good point. I'm at least 6 months away from sneaking these under the wife's nose so... BEHAVE YOURRRSELVES (British accent) :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
They get the parts local from Ford and as you know the packaging is crap.
We may need a replacement part (let's hope not) some time in the future so it does us no good to piss them off.

We should offer to pay for re-packaging and insurance when ordering.
The first two sets that I know of were also damaged when shipped, years ago.

Dave

fST

They get the parts local from Ford and as you know the packaging is crap.
We may need a replacement part (let's hope not) some time in the future so it does us no good to piss them off.

We should offer to pay for re-packaging and insurance when ordering.
The first two sets that I know of were also damaged when shipped, years ago.

Dave
Wendy's supervisor isn't happy about shipping these lights overseas simply because of them getting damaged. The more these lights come in damaged to us and we report that to them, the more of a chance of them ending shipments to us in the future. The thing is, it's certainly not our fault these lights are getting damaged. I did my best to use the ones I have before reporting it, as I didn't want to have to wait 2 weeks to get another set. Reporting this was the last thing I wanted to do. I was willing to epoxy the tab back and have a screw stuck inside the other one. I only ended up reporting it when I couldn't get the projector/halogen housing inside the lamp in the right position, which caused the high/low beams to not be at the right level, even after aiming. I may work on it some more over the next week but I'm not sure I can do any better than what I've already done. I've spent a lot of hours trying to fix these things already.

I agree, insurance needs to be added to these orders, if it's not already. I forgot to ask if that's included in the $65-70 quotes for shipping. One thing I gotta say, for the value of these lights, $65 for shipping these to us from the UK is VERY cheap. Yes, they certainly get discounts for shipping so much volume with the same carrier but it still seems really low. So I'd imagine they're not adding insurance already and that may be why the supervisor is not happy about shipping these lights. Adding insurance would certainly reduce the chance of damage since carriers pay special attention to the packages that are insured, especially ones that are pricey.

Taking a little more time to package these lights up would greatly reduce the chance of damage, as well. Mine had just 1 layer of the thin bubble wrap wrapped around the middle of each headlight. The ends were not bubble wrapped at all whatsoever. Then they put a bunch of bubble wrap on top of the headlights...just laid it on top of them. There was no protection on the ends of the boxes where each end of the lamps are located. And they were shipped as 2 separate boxes, which I'm sure got thrown around as they're not too heavy. I'm not sure how much bubble wrap was used, or how it was used, for offthewall's lights but the person who packed his up placed both individual boxes into a larger box; that alone may have prevented the carrier from tossing them around by doubling the weight and size of the package.

Hopefully they start packing these headlights for us US customers the same way they did dirtyblueshirt's reshipment a few years ago on the other forum. It is interesting that they've been shipping these lights to us for more than 2 years now, although probably less than a dozen times, but haven't consistently taken measures to package them better. Hopefully it gets better.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #89
So I have removed my LED low beam bulbs. I couldn't get a consistent and even light output across the spectrum of the projector beam, most of the output was concentrated in the center with very little light bleeding out towards the edge of the projector beam. The bulbs would also get misaligned every 3-4 days due to how bouncy the stock suspension is, and due to the thickness of the LED H7 adapter for the 2Stroke bulb, the factory bulb clips couldn't grab on to it enough to hold the extra weight of the LED bulb.

For now, unless RetrofitSource or [MENTION=3577]trsandrew[/MENTION] is willing to exchange my LED kit for an HID kit, which I doubt because I've modified these bulbs, I'll be out $120. Or if someone wants to have a go with these in their factory or Euro headlights let me know and I'll throw you a deal.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
Shouldn't be a problem. I just emailed them to see if there's anything they can do for me, I'm guessing not since I modified my bulbs but crossing my fingers.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #94
My lights are doing quite nicely.

The only thing left now is to find Rado Grey OE wheels. Personally the black wheels look great with the OE headlights since they have a black shroud, but black wheels with all chrome headlights made it look weird. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can find an affordable set.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you actually speak with the headlight people or did you just place an order? I'm at the tipping point to buy them and need to know the best route to make sure that they get the proper protection on the way across the pond.

fST

Did you actually speak with the headlight people or did you just place an order? I'm at the tipping point to buy them and need to know the best route to make sure that they get the proper protection on the way across the pond.
Use the form on their website to get a quote. They will email you the quote. It will likely come from Wendy Doyle. When you purchase it, I would reply to the quote she sends you saying you made the purchase and to please ensure they get wrapped in bubble wrap really well and that both lamps get shipped inside another box (making it too large and just heavy enough to where it can't be tossed around). I only dealt with them via email.

There's a chance you don't even have to say anything about packaging as they've shipped a few of these things in the last couple of weeks.

FistSt215

It shouldn't be a problem . They should know how to shipped items to the u.s. With bubble wrap etc. every company should be shipping their products with protection to their customers plain and simple.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
Nice! I will be ordering an HID kit soon from RetrofitSource as well. Let me know what the output is like if you beat me to it.