Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

Chris G

Sent Wendy an email for a quote... we will see.

Only part that makes me nervous is switching the wires around. Someone walk me down from the cliff... [emoji23]

SFP

Waiting for the credit to post on the retrofit source then I'm going to order the HID kit and some demon eyes for em. Have a bracket in mind to make them work and have some badass accent colors when I want em lol

SFP

Sweet! Yea I def need them soon as the laminx tinted film def cut down the light a little but made it blend well with the all chrome housing.

This is the next mod to them.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Inside the headlight if there's room, if not, then I will cut a small slice into the headlight boot so I can feed the wires to a ballast on the outside of the housing.

Chris G

Would love to see how that turns out! Wendy got back to me... looks like they have one shipper that is specifically packing headlights now to avoid damage.

Chris G

One last Q before I decide to place my order. I do plan on hooking up the LEDs eventually but maybe not right away due to time constraints. Will this pose any issues?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
Nope, you just won't have any running lights since the wire won't be connected to the LED strip.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
After doing some research, based on how the H7 bulb sits in the projector, we will need a modified version of the traditional H7 bulb, because the return wire will be pointing upwards and create a shadow. This picture explains it:

The bulbs can be bought here, it's only a kit on the website but I'm working to see if the bulbs can be purchased separately. It looks like these Hyundai Sonata cars have the same issue so they had these bulbs modified for them.

https://www.xenonsupply.com/collect...its/products/hyundai-sonata-hid-xenon-package