Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
Well after installing and un-installing the bulb a couple of times and looking at the orientation of the bulb, I figured this could be an issue. After reading the H7 HID kit reviews a few other people with this same setup had that issue. So it looks like I just avoided a major headache and would've probably returned the HIDs entirely. Now I just need new bulbs so that's not bad at all.

You don't need to worry about this with halogen bulbs.

-Matt

Chris G

Damn the UK being 8 hours ahead of me... Wendy went home for the day, I think, before I could place my order. Hopefully she will be sending me an invoice tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fST

Damn the UK being 8 hours ahead of me... Wendy went home for the day, I think, before I could place my order. Hopefully she will be sending me an invoice tomorrow.

You said you got a quote right? There should be a link to place the order and pay in the quote, at least there was for me.

Chris G

She just emailed the prices. Last email to her was asking about next steps to purchase...

Thats going to be a problem in pretty much the majority of projectors meant for halogens bulbs. If you're confident enough to trim the base with a dremel it can be done easily. I had to do it with old H1 bulbs, just trimmed one side of the base so I could rotate it 180* and it fixed the problem.

TBD on how it actually works out...
I've had mine there for over a month and it's been problem free. Once you take the headlight out you'll see how much room is down there.

Remember that the lowest point of the headlight is that lower mounting tab, which is a good 1.5-2" lower than the rest of the housing, which sits right over top of the crash beam. Plenty of space.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #134
That is true, but if I can order the right bulbs from the get-go to so that I have to modify it as little as possible, that is preferred.

Chris G

I've had mine there for over a month and it's been problem free. Once you take the headlight out you'll see how much room is down there.

Remember that the lowest point of the headlight is that lower mounting tab, which is a good 1.5-2" lower than the rest of the housing, which sits right over top of the crash beam. Plenty of space.
I was more-so talking about how well the headlights are packaged... I trust the HID ballast location works great!

That is true, but if I can order the right bulbs from the get-go to so that I have to modify it as little as possible, that is preferred.
My only reservation is that I know what I'm getting from TRS, and don't know much about the seller you linked. Not saying they aren't good, but there's a reason TRS is so popular.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #138
True. Their reviews are good from what I've read and they are popular in the Hyundai community because of their need for flipped bulbs like ours.

SFP

The tab is on the bottom on mine which by the bulbs you linked picture wise it shows the return wire would be on the top still...

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #140
The pictures aren't updated on the page for the bulbs, but I confirmed by email that they were the modified version.