Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

Chris G

Seems so odd that some of us hear back right away and others don't hear anything at all.

My lights made it to US soil. Not sure how long it'll take to get over to California... but we will see. Need to go find a pick set and some bulbs that are a bit whiter...

fST

Seems so odd that some of us hear back right away and others don't hear anything at all.

My lights made it to US soil. Not sure how long it'll take to get over to California... but we will see. Need to go find a pick set and some bulbs that are a bit whiter...
Either Wendy works banker hours or worse, or she's incredibly busy, or she just doesn't care about her job all that much. I've had a lot of interaction with her but rarely would I be able to get 2 emails in one day out of her. I would reply right away, too, but wouldn't get anything back until 24 hours later. Only on one occasion did she reply back to me twice in one day. Most of the times, the emails would come in from her early in the morning EST, like around 5-6am.

I was thinking of getting whiter bulbs but not sure. I'm just happy they look so much better than stock.

Chris G

I'm guessing Wendy is just a Parts Advisor for Foray (which looks to be just a series of dealerships in the UK). I worked as an Advisor awhile back and most of the time you're dealing with walk-in customers, body shops via phone, and your technicians. Very rarely did I have time to check and reply to emails so I get where she's coming from.

I'm just happy that things have gone this smooth so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris G

Brief update - received my lights today (Saturday) after ordering on Wednesday. Really, really fast shipping from the UK all the way out to California. Everything was packaged well enough to prevent any damage to the lights - all tabs are in tact with no cracks, etc. Both light packages were bubble wrapped and there was a lot of extra paper and bubble wrap inside the main box. I'll try to install over the next couple of days and post pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris G

I swear the info was buried in this thread, but I can't find it. What size is the hex socket to adjust the lights? I would prefer to buy the 1 I need vs. a set of 10... [emoji1360]

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #171
I drove around for the first time last night with the HID's and they are FANTASTIC! Just what I was wanting out of these headlights. I installed 4300k bulbs so they are pure white with a slight yellow tint. If you didn't know any better, these would look OEM which is what I was going for.

The output is phenomenal and even distribution of light. I do, however, need to find a way to horizontally adjust my drivers side headlight because it's aimed too far inward. I have a feeling the star bolt on the far end of the light adjusts the projector horizontally so I will be experimenting with that soon to see how that turns out. More updates soon.

Chris G

Am I crazy to think H7's are a funky bulb to work with? Never really come across them and removing the factory bulb to replace with another halogen was interesting. What exactly are you supposed to do with the 3 clips that hold it in? Push them back? Just yank the bulb out using force?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
Am I crazy to think H7's are a funky bulb to work with? Never really come across them and removing the factory bulb to replace with another halogen was interesting. What exactly are you supposed to do with the 3 clips that hold it in? Push them back? Just yank the bulb out using force?
I always pry the lower tab slightly and then pull. It's easiest that way.

Chris G

I ended up pushing all three back enough to get it out... wasn't sure if I was doing that right but it seemed to work okay. Nothing like a bulb to make me feel like a noob.

SFP

I ended up pushing all three back enough to get it out... wasn't sure if I was doing that right but it seemed to work okay. Nothing like a bulb to make me feel like a noob.
Just try not to bend them as they will break pretty easy.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #180
Your cutoffs from both sides blend together, it seems. I need to fix mine too but both of mine are distinguishable, drivers side just needs to go slightly outward. It should look like this: