Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What is the current up to date distributor for these headlights to get them in the US?
You CAN'T ...you must order them from over the pond. I have yet to find a vendor here in the states that sells them or will sell them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You CAN'T ...you must order them from over the pond. I have yet to find a vendor here in the states that sells them or will sell them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I know, I'm asking who is selling them and allowing for import to the states.

V_2

You can try contacting fordpartsuk.com with the part numbers listed in the OP and your VIN to see if they are still shipping here. Mine are aftermarket RHD ones off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hoping for the pictures to get rehosted. I bought a set of Euros on eBay and looking for the correct pin to swap for the LED/DRL bar

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #586
I apologize guys, give me a day to rehost the photos. I guess Photobucket wants over $500 per year to get forum bandwidth, no thanks.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I apologize guys, give me a day to rehost the photos. I guess Photobucket wants over $500 per year to get forum bandwidth, no thanks.
Thank you
Can always place them in the forum as attachments to your account. Fully free. Just need to resize them and best to use a computer to added them.

I need to spend more time reading but if someone is feeling generous could you provide a "bulb summary" of why the D2S conversion seems popular when an H7 HID kit seems like it'd work?

Also, the OP used an H7 LED kit at first only to switch to D2S. Was the LED bulb output poor?

V_2

TL;DR, OEM euro lights are halogen projectors, output sucks with HIDs/LEDs but decent with halogen bulbs. HID projector retrofit gives much better output and sharp DOT cutoff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I need to spend more time reading but if someone is feeling generous could you provide a "bulb summary" of why the D2S conversion seems popular when an H7 HID kit seems like it'd work?

Also, the OP used an H7 LED kit at first only to switch to D2S. Was the LED bulb output poor?
The pattern was problematic, but the biggest issue was the heavy ballast would shift out of the housing causing aggravation...

The pattern was problematic, but the biggest issue was the heavy ballast would shift out of the housing causing aggravation...
Its clear the HID cutoff was an issue which caused some of retrofit; was the LED cutoff better? I haven't found a definitive answer yet but have more reading to do.

Its clear the HID cutoff was an issue which caused some of retrofit; was the LED cutoff better? I haven't found a definitive answer yet but have more reading to do.
Yes the HID cutoff was a problem so the OP wanted to use LEDS but getting the ballasts to stay in position was the problem with those. So unless there is a retro fit out there for the European bulb it seems like it was easiest to just stick with the halogens.

Yes the HID cutoff was a problem so the OP wanted to use LEDS but getting the ballasts to stay in position was the problem with those. So unless there is a retro fit out there for the European bulb it seems like it was easiest to just stick with the halogens.
Thank you. I thought that was the consensus but wanted to make sure, although, the OP's LED pictures show an external ballast like an HID kit that could be secured to the body of the car instead of the headlight. Were the LED bulbs too heavy to stay in position?

Either way, I took delivery of my White Diamond ST last night and already put in a parts request with Ford Parts UK.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #597
Cutoff was better with HIDs, as was light output. The LED output is spotty and I wouldn't consider it a good alternative. The reason I used the D2S to H7 adapter was so that I could use a quality HID bulb and align the bulb as needed for best focused output, but still ran into issues with proper sealing and the bulb was eventually fall out since the bulb clips in these headlights aren't very strong and tough to bend down to get proper hold of the heavier bulbs.

OffTheWall503, thanks for the great thread/read! From this thread, it seems that you've tried every bulb. What bulb did you finally end up staying with?