Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

Just a few thin slivers with a razor blade.
thanks for the visual. I'll have to visit my car and poke around at this stuff.

This is tempting. I do have all the parts for the HID stuff (went with philips d2s), but I'm trying to sit this one out because with how little I even see my car, I can't do fiddly.

I'll stick to trying out various performance halogens.

Had a long ass night last night. After I installed the HIDs in the euro headlights, I decided to go for broke and swap my retrofitted stock headlights on to see how they turned out. Long story short, they didn't turn out so well lol. The only good thing I can say about them is that Morimoto's mini H1 projectors do make a very nigh cutoff.

I'll post up more on the experience with those in my other thread. I ended up swapping the euros back on, and took all of the HID components out and out the halogens back in. I've decided I'm throwing in the towel on light mods for this car. Going to stick with the euro headlights and, at most, try other 55w halogen bulbs.

It's been an interesting experience, but the moral of the story I've learned: only buy cars that come stock with HID/LED headlights from now on lol.

-Matt

Hello people!!

I've read the whole thread and I'm planning to make an order later this week. I did a Mini H1 6.0 retrofit and another with the D2S 4.0 to my FIST, I'm very happy with them, but I want MOAR!! [giggle] I want to have that sexy Led strip [biggrin]
I'm not planning to do a retro to the Euro ones, I'm planning to install only the D2S HID bulbs since I already have them.

So.. to the questions, how is the glare for inconming traffic? Have you get flashed by other drivers? Has the glue held on with the heat coming from the bulbs? Can you guys post pictures of the output ilumating the streets?

Thank you! [shakehands]

I'm in Puerto Rico right now, I have to change the location. The price was 448 GBP for the pair and 173 GBP for the shipping, 1 USD = .7961 GBP, so 621 GBP = $780

Something is off a local chap just got his set for <$700 CAD which is <$525 USD
That would be me.

I bought the first aftermarket ones I could find on ebay, these are TYC, lhd cutoff. $149usd per side and $65usd shipping per side. They gave me a break on shipping and did both for $97.50usd.

Pretty weak output compared to my current LED projector retrofit.... These are getting an HID retro anyways, haven't tested them yet but I'm hoping the TYC versions are butyl and not cold glued/permaseal.

I'd like to know the same! Speaking of LED retrofits, can you elaborate? What was your setup for the LED retrofit? That's what I'd be into doing if I could get an affordable second set of these headlights. Also, blacking out that bezel...

So TYC sells the OE equivalents? Very nice, where can you get them?

-Matt

I did say in my post, eBay. There are a few floating around.

Not really the thread for it, but I used some toyota corolla projectors, swapped the lens portion for Nissan Murano round lenses, then swapped the lenses for some clear black series. Also reused the corolla shrouds. No painting of the bezel because I like an oem look.

Really nice job, that looks great! Very clean OEM+. I've been looking at those Corolla units for the same reason. I wasn't sure if they would fit or not. Are you going to retrofit your eBay lights with the same Corolla setup? If so, it would be great to see a bit of a how-to on that, especially if the sealant is butyl.

Really nice job, that looks great! Very clean OEM+. I've been looking at those Corolla units for the same reason. I wasn't sure if they would fit or not. Are you going to retrofit your eBay lights with the same Corolla setup? If so, it would be great to see a bit of a how-to on that, especially if the sealant is butyl.
No, I am going to copy my STI setup using 4-TLR bi-xenon projectors with 50w ballasts and Philips Xtreme Vision Gen2 bulbs.

The corolla projectors will require a lot of hacking up to make them fit. Some heatsink removal, the shrouds, while not meant to fit the round Murano lenses, were hacked up completely and there is realistically only about 30% left haha and they still barely fit. Just order the Euro's and retrofit those, it will be much simpler.

Nice retros!! But I'm tired of retrofit myself nor I have the time, so, Euros with HID's is hopefully my last mod regarding lightning. BTW, the hadlights are in NY, almost a week now getting impatient [crazyeye]

I did say in my post, eBay. There are a few floating around.

Not really the thread for it, but I used some toyota corolla projectors, swapped the lens portion for Nissan Murano round lenses, then swapped the lenses for some clear black series. Also reused the corolla shrouds. No painting of the bezel because I like an oem look.
Your retrofit looks amazing. I wish I had the skills to do that kind of custom stuff. [thumb]

Your retrofit looks amazing. I wish I had the skills to do that kind of custom stuff. [thumb]
Don't give credit to me, it is my friend that does them. :)

Doing the euro tyc ones with a 4tl-r projector should be very simple, especially if it is sealed with butyl. The projector will basically bolt right onto the oem projector bracket with minimal modification.

If you want to darken the housing there is one chrome trim ring that could be painted and it won't be totally blacked out but remain oemish.