Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

Yeah I found the cause, it was the bulb that wasn't glued to the h7 adapter, I used some Q-bond this time and pressed it with some grips, now it should hold better.

Don't understand why there is no aftermarket option to get a head light assembly with the projector w/out the led strip? Or is there and I'm not seeing it?

Don't understand why there is no aftermarket option to get a head light assembly with the projector w/out the led strip? Or is there and I'm not seeing it?
There is a euro headlamp without strip from a base fiesta, you can probably get a TYC OEM aftermarket version of that as well.
Or just don't wire it up, you don't have to run it if you don't want.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

There is a euro headlamp without strip from a base fiesta, you can probably get a TYC OEM aftermarket version of that as well.
Or just don't wire it up, you don't have to run it if you don't want.

I think the Euro without the LED is RHD only.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think the Euro without the LED is RHD only.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Why the led strip hate though? Either way you should do a retrofit on them regardless to get good output.

Well, I ended up doing a retrofit, because the projectors with the HID bulbs was throwing light on the ground and not in front at distance. Here some pics.

Morimoto 4TL-R

Painted and assembled

Final output

Later I will make a post with more pics and more details, got to go to work!!

Well, I ended up doing a retrofit, because the projectors with the HID bulbs was throwing light on the ground and not in front at distance. Here some pics.

Morimoto 4TL-R

Painted and assembled

Final output

Later I will make a post with more pics and more details, got to go to work!!
Your left bulb isn't seated correctly. Can't comment on rotation. Are you on level ground?

Sorry for the late response, work is crazy these days. The permaseal of these headlights is waaayy softer than the one in the US version, took me 15 mins each with a head gun, a pair of pliers and a flat head screw driver

I think my left bulb is out of place as well, I haven't had the chance to verify. As for level I think I'm on level ground, and that the cutoff lines are going a little bit counter clockwise looking at the wall, I can fix it by adjunting the way that headlight is mounted on the car, but it's not a big deal for me.

The permaseal of these headlights is waaayy softer than the one in the US version, took me 15 mins each with a head gun, a pair of pliers and a flat head screw driver
oh damn this was a very dangerous thing for me to read, especially since that's something I can do in my apartment and I have a spare set of headlamps to toss on the car for however long i need to.

oh damn this was a very dangerous thing for me to read, especially since that's something I can do in my apartment and I have a spare set of headlamps to toss on the car for however long i need to.
No lie, was easy!! In the US version the permaseal is a combination of glue with rubber, but in the EURO version, the permaseal is just hardened glue, much easier.

V_2

Question for those that have retrofitted the euro lights:

Are the HID projectors a direct swap into the OEM mounting location? I got a set of DEPO RHD DRL lights pretty cheap that I'm not sure if I want to swap in D2S projectors, shave the cutoffs the make them flat, try to flip the cutoffs around, or just drive as is.

V_2

Think I found an answer to my own question when I came across this thread over on hidplanet. I cracked open one of my DEPO headlights last night (took me 3 hours; F**** permaseal) and ordered a set of morimoto 4tl-r projectors to experiment with. I just hope I didn't ruin the back of the housing trying to pry the lens out...I'll have to spend a good bit of time forming it back into shape and scraping permaseal out.

V_2

Success! Waiting on a micro2 fuse tap (none local to me) so I can finish up DRL wiring, but otherwise complete.

What is the current up to date distributor for these headlights to get them in the US?