Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

Tylorr83

If you use Chrome (and possibly with Firefox too) look up the add-on/plugin called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix". Hopefully its this link.
This needs to be a sticky on every forum everywhere! You sir are my hero! Photobucket has killed me since they updated. EVERY forum thread was dead. Sorry this is off topic, but it had to be said! THANK YOU!!!!!!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I did say in my post, eBay. There are a few floating around.

Not really the thread for it, but I used some toyota corolla projectors, swapped the lens portion for Nissan Murano round lenses, then swapped the lenses for some clear black series. Also reused the corolla shrouds. No painting of the bezel because I like an oem look.

Do you have a build thread or anything? I'm curious as I would want to do this setup as well.

The impression I get reading through the discussion of this thread is the "money no object" best solution is to get these TYC Euro lights with the LED strip and swap out the halogen projectors for proper HID projectors.
I would say if you have to have proper HID projectors and "money no object" then you'd get the OEM Euro lights and retrofit the proper HID Projector. If money played a little bit of a factor of your wanted to save some coin, you would use the TYC. Internet has mixed reviews of TYC, but that's every product pretty much so take them for what you will. I got my OEM's for a good price from another forum member or else I probably would have taken a shot on TYC's.

All that being said, if "money no object" you can also do some of the full custom retrofits with your OEM headlights like some have done with dual HID projectors and LED strips and not have to source the additional set of headlights. I think there are some users who have spent like $1300+ on their headlight setups.

Do you have a build thread or anything? I'm curious as I would want to do this setup as well.
Sorry, no build thread.

Trust me you don't want to go down this road, swapping oem LED projectors into a halogen housing is the most difficult retrofit by far. You have to create a custom mounting solution, work on getting rotation perfect, allow for adjustments, fit the ballasts and heat-sink inside the housing etc etc...

There is about 60 hours of labour in these lol and they still aren't "perfect". I will be selling them soon though, so if you want to pick up a project after I retro my euros... ;)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Don't suppose anyone has entertained the thought of supplanting the chrome corners on the Euro lights with the yellow corners of the USDM ? I like the LED projector and DRL LED strips on the Euro lights, but the chrome corners lack contrast and seem a little too fancy-flashy or "off" for a Fiesta with zero other chrome and black wheels.

Don't suppose anyone has entertained the thought of supplanting the chrome corners on the Euro lights with the yellow corners of the USDM ? I like the LED projector and DRL LED strips on the Euro lights, but the chrome corners lack contrast and seem a little too flash or "off" for a Fiesta with zero other chrome and black wheels.
I have some reflective amber vinyl stickers similar to road sign material that will be cut and fitted to the two reliefs beside the projector housing. The usdm reflector will not fit there properly

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Reflective-...hash=item4655c96848:m:mgys6ULd4c6ozXpdxvfg6CA

Intuit

3000 Post Club
No fit eh? The USDM corners light up. Guess that leaves people with the option of retrofitting, as you've done, and adding their own DRL LED strip.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Sorry, no build thread.

Trust me you don't want to go down this road, swapping oem LED projectors into a halogen housing is the most difficult retrofit by far. You have to create a custom mounting solution, work on getting rotation perfect, allow for adjustments, fit the ballasts and heat-sink inside the housing etc etc...

There is about 60 hours of labour in these lol and they still aren't "perfect". I will be selling them soon though, so if you want to pick up a project after I retro my euros... ;)
I think I know what you're talking about, I've done retrofits on my previous vehicles so I'm no stranger to it, nor am I an expert though lol. You don't by chance have a price in mind at this point do you?

I think I know what you're talking about, I've done retrofits on my previous vehicles so I'm no stranger to it, nor am I an expert though lol. You don't by chance have a price in mind at this point do you?
If you are actually interested then shoot me a pm, I would like to recoup the costs of the parts that I purchased as this was an experiment.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Dumb question but did you disconnect your battery when you "repinned" the wiring harness?

Another dumb question.. if you were to repin the harness to make the LED work, could you reconnect your stock headlights or would you have to change the pin back again?

Thanks for the thread, cant wait to hook these up.

You do not need to disconnect the battery when moving the pin positions. It is a very simple clean process. If you want to go back to the factory headlights the only thing that is different is that the amber blinker light in the front will not illuminate for “parking lights”. It will illuminate and blink like normal though when you use the blinker stalk. If you want to revert to stock, just move the pins back. Super easy!

You do not need to disconnect the battery when moving the pin positions. It is a very simple clean process. If you want to go back to the factory headlights the only thing that is different is that the amber blinker light in the front will not illuminate for “parking lights”. It will illuminate and blink like normal though when you use the blinker stalk. If you want to revert to stock, just move the pins back. Super easy!
Thanks! I keep finding different highbeam sizes being recommended for these.. Assuming they (highbeams and turn signals) are the same and the only bulb that is different is the low beam (projector).

The headlight units ship with bulbs. I think the beginning of this thread shows the bulb specs for the Euro headlight IIRC. Low beam will now be H7, turn indicator bulb is also a different spec I believe.

The headlight units ship with bulbs. I think the beginning of this thread shows the bulb specs for the Euro headlight IIRC. Low beam will now be H7, turn indicator bulb is also a different spec I believe.
Thanks again, ill browse through it. Ive read it twice now, lol.. Sounds like I missed that part, time for a 3rd.

brbauer2

Long day of work + lack of sleep + sinus infection = I just realized I cant plug a H7 bulb into a H11 wiring harness...LOL.

Will I need something like this to make it work?
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/H11-To-H7-Adapters-Connectors-Wires-p/aa1239.htm

Planning to go with Halogen H7s for now.
Prime shipping on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072F1HB5H/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_EvVyAbXGDC2R7

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

So I ordered the TYC lights and they came today. I rewired the harness, and everything works. Well I forgot to get turn signal bulbs but other than that they work..

I installed my passenger light fine but my drivers side light will not install. I am not able to move the rear of the light far nought back to actually make it snap in. The front snaps in fine and I am sliding the bottom plastic thing back and forwards it makes no difference. I've rocked the light in but I need to get that little tab in the rear into the hole.

I ended up having to just remove some of the plastic and it fit perfect.

Last edited: