Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear brake pad replacement issue

chi

Turning the rear right piston clockwise is not moving it in. Left side was no problem. What might be the issue? Any tips would be appreciated!

Pete

Turning the rear right piston clockwise is not moving it in. Left side was no problem. What might be the issue? Any tips would be appreciated!
Open the bleeder valve to help compression. As sometimes you really have to push it hard while turning

OP
C

chi

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Pete! Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. I wonder if the threading was crossed somehow. Might have to replace the calliper all together. not really sure yet.

JTP

I had the same issue on both. Spinning it didn't do anything even with the bleeder open for me as well. I had to use excessive force with the brake tool that has the plate and the end that spins. Not sure why it was that way as I have never had issues before with any of the twist type of rear calipers.

Edit: Wonder if I roasted them from my track day since I did get excessive fade after the first session to the point of no brakes until halfway down even in the pits after cooling off for an hour.