Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do you remove the front license plate bracket?

SPhilli911

I'm going to drill out the rivets and get my plate off this weekend, but damn those plugs are expensive.

CT is a 2 plate state, I've been pulled over twice in my life for no front plate (fought the first one and didn't end up paying, and the second was a warning), but man do I hate the front plate on the ST.

well I was stupid enough to try and force the bit through the rivet and ended up making a much bigger hold then should be their. the right one came out fine but that left one though. about to head out to some stores to see what they have.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
not trying to spend that much money if I don't have to.
Well what you need to find is screw head plugs. Similar to:
http://www.amazon.com/White-Plastic..._1_5?s=hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1433085958&sr=1-5

Most hardware store have them to cover the screw head of a screw for furniture etc.. Usually come in black, white and wood colour. In your case you may have to cut the back of it and glue it on. Colour matching paint is the tricky part or go with black. All said and done should be <$5

I bought some plugs from AutoZone and they look like they will cover the holes once I glue it on. color that I got from them looks pretty close. they have color matching spray paints for different car companies. I tried to get one that matched but the colors were from older years but it seems like a good match.

haven't gotten to putting them on and gluing them because it has been raining non stop.

I was so fortunate. I live in Ohio, which is a two plate state. I found my 2014 in Kentucky, a one plate state...and it had come from Ford in Michigan as a demo car. No plate bracket.

That's what happened to me, ordered by car without the front bumper plate bracket and it showed up with it lol.[?|]
Same here. I live in Ohio (2 plate state), but I haven't run a front plate in decades (and have only received one "fix it ticket"). They're ugly, and any
cop who's honest will tell you they serve absolutely NO purpose with law "enforcement" other than to give the laser something to get a reading on.
But I digress...

I ALWAYS specify "NO FRONT PLATE BRACKET" before I sign any papers. Like many on this thread, mine came with the bracket attached. It's simple,
guys (and gals). You refuse delivery. Period. That's exactly what I did and the dealer ran a locator. Within a few minutes, the exact ST I had ordered
was found a few hours away in Columbus without the front of the car defaced. I had it two days later. Stand your ground. Make sure your car is delivered
EXACTLY as you want it!

Thanks for the info, drilled mine out without issue.

Additional info that may help someone in the future. I got Dorman Panel Retainers 963-056 and if your holes end up clean when you are done, these are a perfect tight fit. You could paint them if you wanted but they blend fine on my Kona Blue as is.

I got mine at Auto Zone (pack of 3) - Also available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-963056-Trim-Panel-Retainer/dp/B002H9BFR4

anticon

Resurrection.

I had the front of my car wrapped with film and the installer flipped my bracket upside down when they reinstalled it. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, because then it didn't cover the main grill, but it DID cover my intercooler instead. I kept looking at it and thinking something wasn't quite right until I realized it was upside down.

Anyway, I broke the plastic rivets they used to reinstall it when I pulled it off so I could flip it back. I am now wondering if the simple pressure clips that clip to the grill are enough to hold it on. Has anyone tried that? I don't really want to lose my plate, but it might be nice to be able to remove it easily at a cars and coffee or something. Thoughts?

anticon

Resurrection.

I had the front of my car wrapped with film and the installer flipped my bracket upside down when they reinstalled it. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, because then it didn't cover the main grill, but it DID cover my intercooler instead. I kept looking at it and thinking something wasn't quite right until I realized it was upside down.

Anyway, I broke the plastic rivets they used to reinstall it when I pulled it off so I could flip it back. I am now wondering if the simple pressure clips that clip to the grill are enough to hold it on. Has anyone tried that? I don't really want to lose my plate, but it might be nice to be able to remove it easily at a cars and coffee or something. Thoughts?
I've been driving around for a couple months now and the license plate has stayed in place. It is nice to be able to pull it off easily when washing my car. I would recommend just using the pressure clips if you want to be able to quickly remove the plate.