Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

224/45/15 or 205/50/15?

DaveG99

Thanks [MENTION=1507]Waterfan[/MENTION]. I personally love the way it looks and feels on the road. It is not nearly as soft as I thought it would be (I'm glad it isn't by the way) but it is noticeably a better ride over bumps and expansion joints on the freeway. This set up removed so much weight I can actually feel it in the steering. I haven't ripped into a turn yet but the traction is way better than my stock tires ever were putting power down in 2nd gear. I only have 45 miles on them so far but I'm headed to the mountains This weekend so I'll report back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Update???

LILIKE16ST

I have the same setup on matte black 15x8 pro race 1.2 and it's pretty awesome. Rides a lot better handles better looks awesome just overall great setup. It makes the braking and acceleration better too I just dropped 6 lbs per corner with this setup. These tires are fairly heavy at 21 lbs next time I'll probably go with the continental extreme in 205/50 or the star spec 2 same size not sure yet both of those tires are just 19 lbs so I can drop a couple more lbs from each corner making it 8 less than stock on each. I like the star specs I just can't make up my mind if I wanna try a 200 treadwear tire I may burn through them fast I rack my miles from time to time. The continentals have rave reviews and have a 340 treadwear rating just like the bfg and these seem to be lasting fairly well. I have around 13-14k on them thus far with one rotation and they have a pretty decent amount of life left I'd say at least half or more. I like that but part of me wants to step up and try the star specs if these grip this well I can't even imagine tires like that I wanna be lowered on spec r swift springs first though as super sticky tires with stock suspension isn't the greatest idea. I remember how much difference the 100 treadwear nitto 555r drag radials made on my old 97 cobra compared to basic street tires it was unreal I would imagine these would be close to that amount of change only in the corners instead of drag so that kind of makes me wanna try them. Tires make a world of difference

I feel like a keep cross posting this, but whatever I'll do it anyway. I put some 205/50 Yokohama AD08 R on my 15x8 1.2's and I love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

^^^Pretty substantial stretch on those, but they probably stick better than super glue!! [:)] [thumb]

(Looks badass as well! ;) )
I did a lot of checking with the miata guys (who seem to always be running 15x8's) before I did it. A lot of them run 205s on 8" wheels and none of them ever had a problem with it.

I did a lot of checking with the miata guys (who seem to always be running 15x8's) before I did it. A lot of them run 205s on 8" wheels and none of them ever had a problem with it.

Miata guys have even ran 205's on 15x9 with no issues. To me that's too much, but it seems to at least be safe for use.

(I race a NA6 Miata in NASA TT + Gridlife TT)

As for the 225/45/15 205/50/15 debate, I still think that basically 205's is the most casual DD friendly setup while 225's are the more performance oriented setup. Assuming an 8 inch wheel, 225's will be significantly quicker than a 205 all else being equal.