Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Time for a new project...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I should be able to get it for $80k which is a freakin smashing deal for a car with this performance.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that the new TT GT500 will be anywhere near as relatively inexpensive as that, even before the pathetically ridiculous greedy dealer gouging adding on another $30K+'s worth of 'market adjustments'. [nono]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
^^^My guess is that will come in north of (price wise) the Z06 ragtop, given how some dealers are asking (and getting I suppose) >$100K for the GT350Rs. :(

But yes, IF coin is NO issue at all, and they set this next GT 500/500R up for handling much more so than they were in the past (less nose heavy, tires/wheels wider, suspension dialed in, etc.) then go for it!! [driving]
I am getting a 1LZ (no frills) Z06 convertible. Even with the 1LZ package it comes very well equipped. I am working with the top 5 Corvette volume dealers in the country and they all discount 7% to 11% off MSRP. I *should* be able to get the one I want ordered for around $80k. Only options I am getting is dual racing stripes (dark gray), Shark gray vents, gray wheels and embroidered floor mats. The Z06 convertible is 62 pounds heavier than the coupe, but most of that weight is over the rear wheels (which helps traction). When I was set on the ZL1, I did think long and hard about a new Mustang. I do like the new Mustang, but I see a couple dozen per day easily. I've owned 6-7 Mustangs and I just can't bring myself to own another, especially in this price range. While I'm sure the next GT500 will be a superb car, the only super high end car coming from Ford that tickles my fancy is the new GT... but it will probably be twice as much cha-ching. [xx(]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Maybe better resale on the Z06 convertible as well? You know, when you get bored again in 2-3 years :)
hahaha... maybe, but I plan on keeping it for a long time. I am soooooo tired of saving this kind of money every month. I like to play. [8] It's been really hard and even a bit stressful with family/wife because it's made things relatively tight (especially since we bought two new jet-skiis in June). Freeing up $4k a month (not including the new car payment, which means it'll be freeing up more or less around $3k a month) will be a HUGE sigh of relief. lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^HA! I was just about to say that for what they are going to ask for the new GT500 TT, you might as well get a REAL exotic supercar, namely the GT!! LOL

That's cool that the ragtop Z06 is only 62# more than the coupe, AND it's all in the 'right 'place!
ANY way you cut it, that IS one SICK ride! [twothumb]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I SERIOUSLY doubt that the new TT GT500 will be anywhere near as relatively inexpensive as that, even before the pathetically ridiculous greedy dealer gouging adding on another $30K+'s worth of 'market adjustments'. [nono]
Yep. GT350Rs are over $70k. The convertibles are even more (and the 350Rs aren't even in the same league as the C7 Z06 as far as performance). I've seen some NEW 1LZ coupes going for $72k. The 3LZ Z06s can run about $120k. I want the performance and the looks. I don't need all the other useless fluff (some of which actually slows the car down). I'm sure the GT500 is going to be wicked, but it's going to be pretty pricey.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
^^^HA! I was just about to say that for what they are going to ask for the new GT500 TT, you might as well get a REAL exotic supercar, namely the GT!! LOL

That's cool that the ragtop Z06 is only 62# more than the coupe, AND it's all in the 'right 'place!
ANY way you cut it, that IS one SICK ride! [twothumb]
Thanks. I am obsessing about it big time. I hope to have it by October or November. A couple of the dealers I am working with are too far for me to pick it up, so I will have to have it trucked to Texas. There is one dealer in Hammond, La that would be PERFECT. I could rent a car and drive from Dallas, pick up the Z06 and drive it to Shreveport, have the oil changed and be back in DFW area by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping they give me a solid deal. Shipping by truck isn't cheap and I'd hate to have to wait the 4-5 days it would take to get here. lol

DP03

Thanks. I am obsessing about it big time. I hope to have it by October or November. A couple of the dealers I am working with are too far for me to pick it up, so I will have to have it trucked to Texas. There is one dealer in Hammond, La that would be PERFECT. I could rent a car and drive from Dallas, pick up the Z06 and drive it to Shreveport, have the oil changed and be back in DFW area by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping they give me a solid deal. Shipping by truck isn't cheap and I'd hate to have to wait the 4-5 days it would take to get here. lol
Ok guys, far from ZO6 territory here but I came across an opportunity today that will be gone shortly. I can buy a 2015 Challenger Hellcat for $56k. 1500 miles driven by an older gentlemen that an associate of mine knows that has 4 Vettes and some others in his stable. So I know this car has been babied. This is the perfect time of year in MD to enjoy this type of car ( like a Vette). I could make a payment or two and turn it for a profit if that's what I want to do. I would not put many miles on it whether I kept it or not. What say ye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's an even more GONZO car than the Z06 as far as tire shredding goes at least (if I had one those rear tires would last all of 15 seconds! [grinking] ).

It would be cool to be able to say you've owned one, even for a short time, but be warned; you might just become addicted to it (despite it's mass, and the handling deficits it might have-WAY too narrow/hard compounded tire on those things for their power!) and really want to keep it. ;)

They are also very badass/mean looking super ponycars (in that version at least even more so than Chevy and Ford's offerings), and they have GREAT interiors. [thumb]

But even if you decide to dump it, and you're confident of selling for a gain (which is pretty much a given with that beast), I say GO FOR IT!

DP03

Ok, so no where near ZO6 territory, but I have a small window opportunity to buy a 2015 Challenger Hellcat for 53,000. Owned by an older gentleman of a friend that has a stable of vettes and others. 1,500 babied miles. I would need to act on this in the next 48.......what do you think? I could buy and keep or resell in a month or two and turn a profit I think.....what do you think? ALL options, grey exterior, red leather interior.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Ok, so no where near ZO6 territory, but I have a small window opportunity to buy a 2015 Challenger Hellcat for 53,000. Owned by an older gentleman of a friend that has a stable of vettes and others. 1,500 babied miles. I would need to act on this in the next 48.......what do you think? I could buy and keep or resell in a month or two and turn a profit I think.....what do you think? ALL options, grey exterior, red leather interior.
You'll end up keeping it... lol ~grins~

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
I just ordered these wheels and I won't even have the car for another 6-8 weeks. Holy Hell stuff for the Z06s are *EXPENSIVE*... but damn.. I think these are going to look delicious in a dark charcoal gray color...

and so it begins. lol

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Wrapped in the stock PSSs, or are you going to go really crazy, and throw the Sport Cup 2s on them?? LOL

Yes, coming from the 4th gen f body world, where we used a lot of the y body style and size wheels and tires, these little tiny wheels and tires that are used on the FiSTs, even the GREAT, lightweight ones, are bargain basement inexpensive by comparison!!

Those are really sweet/classy looking wheels [thumb], but IF you ever decided to track the car (unlikely in a ragtop I guess?), there are the strong, light, relatively affordable, 'go to' CCWs, or Forgelines for the Vettes.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
^^^Wrapped in the stock PSSs, or are you going to go really crazy, and throw the Sport Cup 2s on them?? LOL

Yes, coming from the 4th gen f body world, where we used a lot of the y body style and size wheels and tires, these little tiny wheels and tires that are used on the FiSTs, even the GREAT, lightweight ones, are bargain basement inexpensive by comparison!!

Those are really sweet/classy looking wheels [thumb], but IF you ever decided to track the car (unlikely in a ragtop I guess?), there are the strong, light, relatively affordable, 'go to' CCWs, or Forgelines for the Vettes.
No track for the convertible.

With that said, the Brixton Forged in 19x10 (fronts) and 20x12 (rears) weigh in at about 20 and 21 pounds respectively. That's lighter than my Fiesta wheels hahahaha

The bad news? They are $6,300 a set. [facepalm]

I did not get the Z07 package, so I do not have the Sport Cup 2s

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
One of the few options I did end up getting was the Performance Data recorder with navigation. It has a camera in the front of the rear view mirror. It records just about all performance, including 0-60 runs, 1/4 mile and lateral Gs. 0-100 mph and 0-100-0. You can upload the runs to you tube. Pretty neat.

[video=youtube;TDP_FTk1DlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDP_FTk1DlE[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NO DOUBT, those wheels will look (and perform) phenomenal on that car, and 'worth' the painful co$t when all is said and done! [grinking]<- YOU with those wheels on THAT ride!!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Well, it is October 11th. My Z06 was produced on 10/5 and is currently waiting to be released from QC. I pick up the car on October 21st (next week). I opted for the National Corvette Museum delivery, which means we will fly to Nashville and then drive to Bowling Green, take a tour of the museum and the Corvette plant and then drive away. I'll post up a few pictures when we take delivery. Going to do some break-in miles on the Natchez Trace Pkwy and then drive to Memphis to get that first oil change, then home to Texas. :)