Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Time for a new project...

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
Once I put a few miles on it (say, 1,500 to 2,000) it is going to Lingenfelter for 725hp package. Going to be nuts!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
S-W-E-E-T!!! and CONGRATS! [thumb]

You KNOW I am deep green with envy, and as much as everyone on here says, "I'd still rather have my FiST", I say a big NAH!! to that!
(About the only Fiesta I'd want as much as that monster is the never to happen, vaporware, FiRS with over 300 to all of the wheels. [nono])

Also, (and I know I am gonna catch shit for this on here with all of the former and current import fanboyzz) THANK YOU for NOT buying a 'Godzilla', NSX, the new Pupra, or the like, instead of this beast!! [twothumb]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
S-W-E-E-T!!! and CONGRATS! [thumb]

You KNOW I am deep green with envy, and as much as everyone on here says, "I'd still rather have my FiST", I say a big NAH!! to that!
(About the only Fiesta I'd want as much as that monster is the never to happen, vaporware, FiRS with over 300 to all of the wheels. [nono])

Also, (and I know I am gonna catch shit for this on here with all of the former and current import fanboyzz) THANK YOU for NOT buying a 'Godzilla', NSX, the new Pupra, or the like, instead of this beast!! [twothumb]
It'll be kind of odd to have a Ford and a Chevy parked next to each other in the garage. What new car could I buy for around $90,000 out the door that has 725hp (and a warranty)? 0-60 under 3 seconds? Quarter mile in the 10's... on run flats while pulling 1.2 g's around corners (laughs)? A stock Z06 is an awesome bargain. The cars you mentioned above are not even at the same level of performance, weigh more and cost more. I have still never actually seen a C7 Z06 convertible in the wild.... mine will be the first so there is exclusivity with owning this car. I see at least one C7 Z06 a week, never the convertible version. It's going to be wicked fun for sure! [gunfire]

How's the drive back to TX going to impact your Break-in 101? I too am considering procuring a car like your new one, but not the convertible model. (The MBA i earned that my parents paid for years ago is paying off - lol). I recently paid the mortgage off on my home in Flo Mo, TX, so I have additional liquidity available; actually, my budget would be up to about $130k - is there anything in that price range that would be worth the additional $$$ over the chevy? My company has indicated it might cease providing company cars to upper level mgmt, thus I would use my paid off FiST for my DD and the loss of my CC is the primary reason for contemplating another vehicle...and WTF why not go for a car that really zoom zooms!!! Being the prudent biz man, however, I'm also considering buying a townhouse or two, then renting them out and let other people pay the mortgage(s), building equity for me. (The OPM strategy). Anyway, congrats on the new car!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It'll be kind of odd to have a Ford and a Chevy parked next to each other in the garage. What new car could I buy for around $90,000 out the door that has 725hp (and a warranty)? 0-60 under 3 seconds? Quarter mile in the 10's... on run flats while pulling 1.2 g's around corners (laughs)? A stock Z06 is an awesome bargain. The cars you mentioned above are not even at the same level of performance, weigh more and cost more. I have still never actually seen a C7 Z06 convertible in the wild.... mine will be the first so there is exclusivity with owning this car. I see at least one C7 Z06 a week, never the convertible version. It's going to be wicked fun for sure! [gunfire]
I never bought into that whole Ford vs. Chevy (or even Mopar) thing, even in my developmental youth when it was VERY prevalent, [nono] so it would not be the least bit weird for me! LOL

As far as all of the 'magazine racer' and wannabe 'Ring racer fanboyzz out there go; just in case their 'supacar' worshipmobiles could actually take the top y body on in road course use, with all of their myriad nannies, I would mod, and lighten, the Z06 to the point of DECIMATING those far east rolling computers beyond all/any doubts!!! [driving] [raceflag] [thumb]

(and yes, OF COURSE NONE of those Nippon choices are available in a real drop top either!!)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
We picked up our '17 Z06 convertible last Friday (10/21) and it was an amazing experience.

We flew into Nashville that Thursday night and it was raining cats and dogs. We opted for the Enterprise rental car (NCM drop off) and drove up to Bowling Green. The next morning we got up and the sun was shining, but it was in the 40's. We ate breakfast and headed to the museum. We were greeted by Larry and he took us back to do some paperwork, then we had to watch a video on factory safety. We were told we weren't allowed to take pictures once inside the plant.

Then we headed over to the GM factory. What an amazing experience to see Corvettes being assembled, about 95% by hand. The assembly line snakes through the entire building, starting with the frames. They move very slowly on a conveyor and each station has some workers installing different parts of the car. Most of the cars were indeed coming down the line in color batches. Seven or eight white ones in a row, seven or eight silver ones, etc etc.

When we got to the engine assembly room, our guide Larry asked us if we wanted to meet the person who built our engine. Her name is Rebecca Braun. He wasn't sure if she would be on shift at that time but he said if we wanted, he could go check and see if she would meet us. So after about four minutes he comes out with her and talked to her for a few minutes. It was so exciting! These factory workers take great pride in what they are doing. Many of the assembly line workers acknowledged us as we walked by and stopped near their station.

Once we got to the end of the tour, my wife and I were watching them prepare the cars to be driven off the assembly line. As we were watching, one of the ladies working there asked us "do you want to start this car for the very first time?". I looked at my wife and she looked at me and I told her to go start it! She got in and gave it life. Another worker walked up and told her to "stomp on the gas like she was stepping on a roach" lol. But first he told her to put the car in track mode. Vroooom Vroom! When she exited the car, they printed out a "Corvette birth certificate" to take home with us.

Once we returned to the museum, we ate lunch in the restaurant (which was actually very delicious), checked on insurance for our Z06, we took a tour and did some shopping in the gift shop. I bought some Adam's wax and detailer, a shirt for the wife and a hat for me.

Larry then went over the car in every aspect and once we were done, Larry drove the car out (with everyone applauding). We took some pictures outside and then headed out to the Natchez Trace trail to do some break-in miles before heading to Memphis. Unfortunately for us, once we got to the section of the Natchez, they were doing construction and tar was everywhere, so I turned back around and got back on I-40. Once we got to Memphis, we drove the car around all over the place to try to put some miles on it.

The next day we got up and headed out early to finish up getting our 500 miles in before we headed to Chuck Hutton Chevrolet for our first oil change. They took very good care of us and we made some new friends there, met with the General Manager. It was a great experience. It took about 3 hours to get our oil changed, but they don't take appointments on Saturdays and we got there late. I also had them check the rear diff fluid level while we were there since some people have noticed that the level was low from the factory. It was filled correctly.

We then headed to Texarkana and spent another night and drove home the next day. Worth every minute and every penny.

More pictures to come after I get the Brixton Forged M53s installed...

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
How's the drive back to TX going to impact your Break-in 101? I too am considering procuring a car like your new one, but not the convertible model. (The MBA i earned that my parents paid for years ago is paying off - lol). I recently paid the mortgage off on my home in Flo Mo, TX, so I have additional liquidity available; actually, my budget would be up to about $130k - is there anything in that price range that would be worth the additional $$$ over the chevy? My company has indicated it might cease providing company cars to upper level mgmt, thus I would use my paid off FiST for my DD and the loss of my CC is the primary reason for contemplating another vehicle...and WTF why not go for a car that really zoom zooms!!! Being the prudent biz man, however, I'm also considering buying a townhouse or two, then renting them out and let other people pay the mortgage(s), building equity for me. (The OPM strategy). Anyway, congrats on the new car!
Thank you. Actually it was great. We picked up the car in Bowling Green and drove around Nashville, then headed to Memphis. 500 miles of "break-in" and then the first oil change (as per GM's recommendation). Actually if you want a convertible model you can probably afford it if you go with Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. The 1LZ is affordable. Mine was $82,000 before TTL (stickered for $88,990 with museum delivery option). I was going to buy a Camaro ZL1, but since I was going to spend in this range, I went ahead and got the car I REALLY wanted! :p

This is my ford/chevy combo:

Not as fancy but, there you go.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Another teaser

Photo shoot with Pepper Yandell for Brixton Forged. Quality kinda sucks, I used my phone.

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
^^^DEFINITELY one of the hottest, and best looking drop tops on the planet!! [twothumb]
Thanks man, I am really enjoying it.

I am still really enjoying the FiST also as my daily driver. It's (almost) like having the best of both worlds.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
643hp and 610pft to the wheels... 725hp & 700 pft at the crank.

Long tube headers, high-flow cats, x-pipe, ported throttle-body, 9% pulley, AFE intake, CFC tune

Full on nutty. [giddy]

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^INSANE!! [twothumb] [burnout]

Did anyone come out with an LT series, AFM/DOD delete kit & tune yet, or is/are the aftermarket/tuners finding that almost an impossible task?