Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Overheating Issues for Fiesta ST

NJMP, Watkins Glen, lime rock park, Pocono. And autoX events here and there.

"I've been told that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at anytime I will be sacked. Even the Angel Gabriel would struggle with that hanging over his head." ~ Jeremy Clarkson

Again

108 today. Couldn't make it up the 3 degree slope to my house in la. Had to try three times before driving around neighborhood with heater on sweating my ass off cooling it down before I could limp it up hill where parents were picking kids up from elementary at 4 mph w people stuck behind me. Can't make this shit up. Gonna take it back into ford and they won't be able to replicate it again. Constant alarms going off with the coolant between the last two bars. Car is totally stock except for muffler delete. Absolutely unbelievable. Will be my last ford

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
So yesterday my car went into limp mode a few times. So far I've only changed the coolant ratio to 70/30 and that did nothing. Putting the car on defrost drops the temps pretty quick but why is this?

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
So yesterday my car went into limp mode a few times. So far I've only changed the coolant ratio to 70/30 and that did nothing. Putting the car on defrost drops the temps pretty quick but why is this?
mods?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If it was defrost with the full heat setting; the heat is being pulled away from your cylinder heads/block and dissipated quicker by the heater core, AND the defrost setting uses the AC compressor, which kicks on the high fan setting. [dunno]

I cannot go up a steep hill... this seems like a rather unnecessary inconvenience. This has happened twice. I've owned the car since Thursday.

So it's run hot every day I've owned it. Well over 200° is pretty normal. If it's 80 or hotter and I have run stop and go errands it's undrivable after 25-30 minutes. Taking it in Friday. I'll mention the few things I've read about; the coolant bypass valve and defective radiator. Something having to do with the end tanks blocking the flow of coolant. It would make sense. The fans are constantly running on high and it does not do a fucking thing. I've purchased the tstat. I'm not sure why. Doesn't sound like it'll make much of a difference.

Is your coolant vanishing?
I haven't had a overheating issue yet but I have seen my temp go to 215, I have a ultragauge installed. I just hit 10k miles and did the oil change this weekend and noticed the orange coolant was at the MIN level and I never checked it before unsure if its always been like that or its been eating the coolant.