Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Overheating Issues for Fiesta ST

Someone that got a new rad posted the part number and it had a "b" at the end. Typically with a Ford part number that means it's a second revision part. So it should be updated.

Mine has limped on me twice now. Once in heavy traffic, and once this weekend in the mountains. '16 with 20k km and a Strat tune.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
If you can get the full part number (should be 10 to 11 characters) I may be able to get more info on the nature of the change.

If you can get the full part number (should be 10 to 11 characters) I may be able to get more info on the nature of the change.
I'll try to get it the next time I head into parts. I want them to price me a manifold too, anyway. The number was posted in a different thread on here.

Did a bit of digging, the part number posted was incomplete, but might give you a pull-up. I'll try to get a proper number in a bit. This was what was posted in a different thread:
"Radiator: VC 3DIL B"

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'll try to get it the next time I head into parts. I want them to price me a manifold too, anyway. The number was posted in a different thread on here.

Did a bit of digging, the part number posted was incomplete, but might give you a pull-up. I'll try to get a proper number in a bit. This was what was posted in a different thread:
"Radiator: VC 3DIL B"
This is what was posted on the other overheating thread-

"Radiator assembly installed: VC 3DIL B
Anti-freeze radiator: BP#8005C.C.42"

I think the part #'s are reversed on the work order the poster is referring to, though. I know that the VC 3DIL B is the coolant (50/50 pre-mixed = DILuted). I double-checked it in the ST manual, so maybe the other P/N is the radiator.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
This is what was posted on the other overheating thread-

"Radiator assembly installed: VC 3DIL B
Anti-freeze radiator: BP#8005C.C.42"

I think the part #'s are reversed on the work order the poster is referring to, though. I know that the VC 3DIL B is the coolant (pre-mix or DILuted). I double-checked it in the ST manual, so maybe the other P/N is the radiator.
^^^ Yep. That's how it was written on the page.

Rad PN# C1BZ-8005-A for my 16 Fiesta ST as per my parts guy.

You don't even wanna know what the manifold costs. I can buy several ebay headers for the same price. Several. At my cost.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
That's not the same part number. 8005 is a base number, it'll pull up all sorts of stuff.

FWIW, brought my car in today, banged through the pinpoint test, threw the vacuum bleeder on it and managed to get some air out of the system, so I'm gonna try that. If it's still getting hot, I'm gonna replace the rad, since everything else passes.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump in late, but I just got my car back from Ford. I had them check out why my car was overheating on multiple occasions. Believe it or not they blamed it on the intercooler I just recently installed. Before the install however, I brought it in for an overheating problem and they said nothing was wrong with my car and that I should be fine. I've tried all the air bleeding methods and still get really high coolant temps. Ford assured me that 210 should be the highest our coolant temps should get even on 100 degree days. When I told them the car went limp twice before installing my intercooler they looked at me like they didn't understand the words coming out of my mouth. I haven't been able to run the AC all summer. And I really don't feel like spending $700 for the mishimoto.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Sorry to jump in late, but I just got my car back from Ford. I had them check out why my car was overheating on multiple occasions. Believe it or not they blamed it on the intercooler I just recently installed. Before the install however, I brought it in for an overheating problem and they said nothing was wrong with my car and that I should be fine. I've tried all the air bleeding methods and still get really high coolant temps. Ford assured me that 210 should be the highest our coolant temps should get even on 100 degree days. When I told them the car went limp twice before installing my intercooler they looked at me like they didn't understand the words coming out of my mouth. I haven't been able to run the AC all summer. And I really don't feel like spending $700 for the mishimoto.
Is the FMIC your only mod?

I have the intercooler, exhaust and a MAperformance intake. But the techs didn't pay any mind to it. They instantly saw the intercooler and went straight to there's your problem.

The mountune one is under 500 before shipping on their website, also most places can sell the mishimoto for less, I work for a shop called ptuning and can sell it for under 550 before shipping

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I have the intercooler, exhaust and a MAperformance intake. But the techs didn't pay any mind to it. They instantly saw the intercooler and went straight to there's your problem.
WOW......do you have another dealer close?