Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

a new rear motor mount is about to drop with 3 different bushing options - whoosh, tell us more!!!!!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
That's right fellas
whoosh will be bringing you three different bushing options of the soon to be released Racing Flex Fiesta rear motor mount

Streetyellow bushing
Trackorange bushing
and the stiffest - Motorsportred bushing [driving]
*durometer figures not yet released

There are no other vendors privy to this picture and please note, this is NOT the final production part
But this will be close

enjoy, this mount with options will surely change the game especially with the pricing that you have learned to expect from whoosh motorsports [hihi]

Awesome. Starting my mods and RMM is one of the first on the list. Was going to go Cobb with the stage 1 kit but this looks pretty solid.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
wow - a lot of views but barely any comments

I guess there are a lot of people and vendors hitting up Google and Facebook for Racing Flex [thankyou] lol

[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] how much stiffer would you say each is stiffer compared to the Mountune RMM? I have an interest but I have my wife's sanity to consider if NVH is gonna go up.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] how much stiffer would you say each is stiffer compared to the Mountune RMM? I have an interest but I have my wife's sanity to consider if NVH is gonna go up.
the Street (yellow bushing) will be very close to the Mountune rear mount

I'm sure the Motorsport (red bushing) bushing will be for the hard core guy that wants minimal to no engine/trans movement
So the Track (orange bushing) will fall somewhere near the cp-e / Boomba but these are just observations
Until I receive some test parts there is no way to be sure

the Street (yellow bushing) will be very close to the Mountune rear mount

I'm sure the Motorsport (red bushing) bushing will be for the hard core guy that wants minimal to no engine/trans movement
So the Track (orange bushing) will fall somewhere near the cp-e / Boomba but these are just observations
Until I receive some test parts there is no way to be sure
Thanks Ron! Maybe I'll give the track bushing a go when you have them available.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
Thanks Ron! Maybe I'll give the track bushing a go when you have them available.
awesome!
I'll post up some better impressions once they are in-hand
thanks !!!!

awesome!
I'll post up some better impressions once they are in-hand
thanks !!!!
I actually have a track day scheduled in April so if you have them before then and i can install i would be more than happy to give you my impression of it. As always Ron thanks again for all you do for this community!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
Are the bushings interchangable in the mount, so you can swap them when you feel the need?
^^^This.

And if so, is a press necessary to accomplish that?
good question guys
I'll confirm this but unfortunately I think the bushings are not that easily removed once installed

Yes! Sign me up :) I'm also more than happy to be a test subject!!
I meant this more of an I will purchase and give you feedback kind of thing. Ron's prices are already really good not to mention some of the best customer service I've seen in a long time. No need for him to lose out money if I intend on purchasing anyway.

For the durometer ratings, if I had to guess, I'd bet they go something along the lines of:
YELLOW: 60a
ORANGE: 80a
RED: 94a

Since I have 80a DIY filled engine/transmission mounts, I might as well replace my Cobb RMM with either the orange or red mount, assuming the quality is there. Count me in!

I meant this more of an I will purchase and give you feedback kind of thing. Ron's prices are already really good not to mention some of the best customer service I've seen in a long time. No need for him to lose out money if I intend on purchasing anyway.
I'm with ya on this one! Not looking for discounts or handouts, just happy to give feedback on design and function :) Ron has already gotten some of my money and will get hopefully much much more of it!