Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lamin-X TINT install and review from Whoosh Motorsports!

Trader history for pirite (0)

So, Ron had posted looking for someone to test out the tint shade of Lamin-X that he’s now carrying for our cars.
I’d been looking into Lamin-X since I bought the car so I jumped at the opportunity.

Lamin-X includes instructions on installing the film with the kit for the headlights which comes with the instructions with pictures, a blade for trimming the film, a squeegee and also a small spray bottle for misting the film during the install.

As per the instructions they say you can install the film with the lights installed on the car still. I went did not go that route, and I’m glad I removed all the lights prior to the application of the film. I will be entirely honest, if you don’t have any experience with installing a film like this before, be ready for a lot of trial and error along with some swearing.

As far as headlight removal theres already a how to on the forum, the tail lights on my 2016 are only held in with the two T-25 screws and two clips, they come right out with minimal effort.
The fog lights come out with two T-25 screws as well, takes a little effort for the drivers side from the washer fluid tank being in the way.
The rear reflectors on the 2016 model come out very easily. They are literally clipped into place, squeeze the clips together from inside the super cover and they come right out.

As far as putting the film on, the smaller and flatter the piece, the easier it is. (Fogs and rear reflectors are cake, heads lights take some trial, and the tails take trial, error, walking away for 5 min, and then swearing at them)

Because I couldn’t find it ANYWHERE on the internet, I used a tint meter to see what the film actually read.

The other thing, I used this instead of tap water, figured if there was any trapped under the film once it breathes out from under the film it won’t leave any deposits

Im just gonna let this do the talking as far as actually putting the film on the lights.

And heres some as I was going pictures for comparing before and after
-all pictures are unedited, some with flash some without for caparison.
--click the thumbnails for full res pictures

And finally some installed pictures

Last edited:
I previously had the Lamin-X headlight and taillight tint on my car. Honestly, I wasn't really a fan of it because it made the headlights have a purple-ish tint. I decided to pull it off and have my friend's shop put some legit tint on it. I think it looks way better now. Here's some pics for comparison.

Lamin-X Tint

Professional Tint

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
what a fantastic write up!

Thanks so much for taking the time to install the product, take pics and especially the video. Very well done!!

[thumb]

What color did you use? "Tint" or "Gunsmoke"?

Thanks for all the great pics, been putting this off because I didn't want to black out the taillights with something too dark.

OP
pirite
Thread Starter #8
What color did you use? "Tint" or "Gunsmoke"?

Thanks for all the great pics, been putting this off because I didn't want to black out the taillights with something too dark.
I used the tint color option for the same reason actually. Didn't want it too dark to catch flack from the local PD either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're doing the install yourself lots of water sprayed and the tail lights suck to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, no kidding on the tail lights. I finally got all the edges to sit down and stick after a good blast with a hair dryer.

Headlights were pretty easy, didn't even take them off the car, just hoping some of the hazy spots from trapped moisture clear up like they're supposed to. But the tail lights have had 2 extra days to cure and they're clear, the current heatwave should help too.

OP
pirite
Thread Starter #12
Wow, no kidding on the tail lights. I finally got all the edges to sit down and stick after a good blast with a hair dryer.

Headlights were pretty easy, didn't even take them off the car, just hoping some of the hazy spots from trapped moisture clear up like they're supposed to. But the tail lights have had 2 extra days to cure and they're clear, the current heatwave should help too.
honestly, im at two weeks, and the spots from the moisture have just all gone away.
the instructions do say up to two weeks.