Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

you want the boost? we gave you the boost Turbosmart 11psi and <gulp> 17 psi wastegates!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
now available
[MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] motorsports
after many requests for a wastegate with more than a 7psi spring rating, we now have the 11psi and a 17psi wastegate available [like]

Just a word of caution. I would not just purchase a 17psi wastegate and slap it on your stock Fiesta ST. You should have a few mods already such as some intake upgrades (drop in minimum) and an intercooler upgrade. You will also need to be working with a COBB tuner to get one of the high boost wastegates dialed in to remove your boost spike and hold higher, steady boost to redline which should yield more POWER!

>>>>>>>>click me>>>>>> https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/copy-of-turbosmart-fiesta-st-7-psi-wastegate

felopr

Good news for the 11psi, but imo, the 17psi wastegate is way way overkill for the stock turbo, i wouldn't even run it even with full bolts-ons, the stock turbo doesn't flow enough to justify it.
It doesn't fix the problem with the stock turbo, running out of breath past 5.5k rpm, even 11 psi on stock turbo is overkill but is acceptable, the 7psi on stock turbo is more than enough for it.

Even on hybrid turbos, the x47, is not even recommended to run a 17psi wastegate
and this is by pumaspeed them-self and i quote:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...rbo-100th-Turbo-Milestone?p=246670#post246670
"X47 295-300 whp
the X47 as most USA customers are using isnt rated at over 300whp, we religiously see 295 whp.
boost level are perfect at 1.75 (25.4psi) lowering to 1.65 or 1.7 bar at 295 whp
*we use 11 psi waste gates only ,we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us."

Not to ruin the sell but just saying it as a word of caution for anyone wanted it to buy one

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Good news for the 11psi, but imo, the 17psi wastegate is way way overkill for the stock turbo, i wouldn't even run it even with full bolts-ons, the stock turbo doesn't flow enough to justify it.
it doesn't fix the problem with the stock turbo, running out of breath pass 5.5k rpm, even 11 psi on stock turbo is overkill but is acceptable, the 7psi on stock turbo is more than enough for it.

Even on hybrid turbos, the x47, is not even recommended to run a 17psi wastegate
and this is by pumaspeed them-self and i quote:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...rbo-100th-Turbo-Milestone?p=246670#post246670
"X47 295-300 whp
the X47 as most USA customers are using isnt rated at over 300whp, we religiously see 295 whp.
boost level are perfect at 1.75 (25.4psi) lowering to 1.65 or 1.7 bar at 295 whp
*we use 11 psi waste gates only ,we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us."

Not to ruin the sell but just saying it as a word of caution for anyone wanted it to buy one
I've pulled the 17 psi from the site pending further investigation
Thank you for the feedback