Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports shop car day....goodies installed with pics :))))))

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Had some fun with the shop car today....
- whoosh brand lower intercooler pipe & whoosh brand intercooler boost hoses installed
- ITG Maxogen intake kit fitted (many turbo noises!)
- Project Kics Magnetic Drain Plug
- Penn Grade 5W-30
- Ravenol 75w-90
check the site for these upgrade and more!

^cross posted from FB

couple notes on the installs:
the lower intercooler hose: replaces the stock lower with sound baffle. It's literally a 5 minute job if you use the OEM coupler and clamps. When you use the whoosh brand intercooler boost hoses. The hoses are really a tight fit which I actually appreciate over the OEM spongy couplers. Took a little muscle to get them positioned correctly, but they are great!

The ITG intake, as you know my shop car is a 2017. There was some concern that the ITG intake would not fit a 2017 due to the sensor pigtail not being long enough. Well as you can see in the pics it's way too long. It took me a minute to release the OEM tape and use some Eastwood harness tape to re-wrap it.
The rest is of the install is a cakewalk and can be done easier than most other intakes. The only tough part of this install is removing the headlight. One trick that I've used to remove my Euro lights quite easy is adding grease to the bottom of the part of the light that snaps into the white clip. I pop my lights in and out so fast now and without the fear of breaking anything it's not even funny.
The ITG intake provides lots of intake noises and my BOV is 2-3x louded now LOL![hihi]

Trans fluid change was my first in this car - I used the gravity fill method. I have a series of hoses and funnels I've used in many FWD cars. I don't used fluid pumps, just because "too messy".
Didn't spill a drop and measuring the correct amount is simple this way.

Last edited:
Seriously making me reconsider if I should get the CPE intake or this, your induction hose, and the RamAir crossover pipe.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yes. More info on the intake please. Does it pull from the fender?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Seriously making me reconsider if I should get the CPE intake or this, your induction hose, and the RamAir crossover pipe.
the cp-e is a great option
and is the cheaper option in this scenario (probably the first time lol)
RAMAIR crossover + whoosh induction hose + ITG Maxogen intake kit = near $500
cp-e for the 2016 and up kit is $420

I had the cp-e on the last Fiesta ST and I still stand by their products 100%. The 2017 I have now is just getting a ton of Euro goodies and hose brand parts. That's the major difference here.
Wait until you see the power adder and some other things about to drop [party]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Yes. More info on the intake please. Does it pull from the fender?
I was getting to your answer - sorry about that Woods247
It's a flat panel foam filter that does in fact pull from the fender. It is very loud. Another member had said it's close to the 2J cowl intake in terms of sound volume. I'm starting to BELIEVE!

haha

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
my factory mats were really in bad shape even though the car has practically no miles
so I scored some of these Dealer mats

Much thicker and more plush lol [giggle]

the cp-e is a great option
and is the cheaper option in this scenario (probably the first time lol)
RAMAIR crossover + whoosh induction hose + ITG Maxogen intake kit = near $500
cp-e for the 2016 and up kit is $420

I had the cp-e on the last Fiesta ST and I still stand by their products 100%. The 2017 I have now is just getting a ton of Euro goodies and hose brand parts. That's the major difference here.
Wait until you see the power adder and some other things about to drop [party]

I'm excited to see it all man. Still on the fence of trading the car for a more family friendly choice and buying a Miata for my toy, or keeping and modding the FiST. I've got a 9-month tour coming up in a few weeks, and my car will be sitting for the whole time for me to decide. I've got about $1700 in my cart on your site for when I get back (FMIC, hard pipes, CPE intake, GFB DV+, etc) and you keep adding all this cool new stuff...

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I know the feeling fox.

I keep making $200-400 orders haha. In fact the only things I have left are a full intake, and suspension/brake stuff.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
on that ITG intake.. looks like it just replaces the airbox much like the st200 box. Will the 16+'s need that updated evap fix?
I guess this is the good thing about the ITG intake above all others. The ITG installs AFTER the induction hose where the dreaded evap lines connect so if you don't want to change that, you don't have to.
The ITG intake is one of the few that is 2014-2018 that requires NO evap mods to install

let me know if you have any further questions

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Does this mean your ST200 Airbox that was in the shop car going in the used parts on the site?

I really want this but it appears to be the least economical option. Iā€™m understand itā€™s because of ITGā€™s pricing but $350 for a bracket, piping, and a filter seems steep. If it went back to the turbo inlet I could deff justify it but having to buy the crossover pipe and induction hose on top of that, or am I missing something? Ron do you think itā€™s possible for whoosh to maybe create that bracket/pipe that re routes the tubing post induction tube? Iā€™d imagine a piece like that could be had at a fraction of the price of it werenā€™t supported by a big name brand.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
I really want this but it appears to be the least economical option. Iā€™m understand itā€™s because of ITGā€™s pricing but $350 for a bracket, piping, and a filter seems steep. If it went back to the turbo inlet I could deff justify it but having to buy the crossover pipe and induction hose on top of that, or am I missing something? Ron do you think itā€™s possible for whoosh to maybe create that bracket/pipe that re routes the tubing post induction tube? Iā€™d imagine a piece like that could be had at a fraction of the price of it werenā€™t supported by a big name brand.
Thanks for posting. I do agree with your point on this.
There are more economical options and then there are higher priced options such as the ITG. There are a lot of small parts in the kit and a rather complex metal base filter.
Parts in addition to what you see to hold the harness and the bracket that holds the main silicone hose in place.
It's a choice. This option is not the most cost effective but it's great and honestly you don't need a crossover pipe and silicone induction hose to fit or use this intake kit effectively
The pricing also reflects shipping to the US then shipping again so keep that in mind as well.
If made here in the states this kit would be $299 ish as a guesstimate.

I kind of figured the price had to do with them being outside the U.S. My plans were to go with CpE but like the idea of the itg pulling cool air from somewhere other than the cowl as with the 2jr. I would love to get more induction noise than most of he box filters but didnā€™t but also didnā€™t want to heat soak as most open intakes would. I was just saying for comparisons sake where the others go all the way to the turbo outlet and the itg would require additions to be a complete intake. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll work almost as efficiently as adding a crossover and induction hose. No hate here just researching a lot before taking the plunge. Love everything Whoosh has to offer and will definitely be buying quite a bit soon!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
I kind of figured the price had to do with them being outside the U.S. My plans were to go with CpE but like the idea of the itg pulling cool air from somewhere other than the cowl as with the 2jr. I would love to get more induction noise than most of he box filters but didnā€™t but also didnā€™t want to heat soak as most open intakes would. I was just saying for comparisons sake where the others go all the way to the turbo outlet and the itg would require additions to be a complete intake. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll work almost as efficiently as adding a crossover and induction hose. No hate here just researching a lot before taking the plunge. Love everything Whoosh has to offer and will definitely be buying quite a bit soon!
if you are undecided there is a new intake coming out in the next few days or week
maybe worth the wait, maybe not.....
we shall see :)

if you are undecided there is a new intake coming out in the next few days or week
maybe worth the wait, maybe not.....
we shall see :)
Well I have her put away for the harsh PA winter so no finally decisions will be made yet. What's in the works?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ron, have you had a chance to drive it much after the Ravenol MTF-2 install?

ANY difference in shift feel to the factory fluid, or to the Gear 300 (which I think?) you had in the last car's transaxle?
I wonder if there is any difference to to the MTF-3 in shift feel/function, even though yes, Ravenol tech does suggest the MTF-2 for our rides.

ANY chance of you handling the Ground Control coil over conversion kits once they are released, or are they a 'direct to customer' only operation?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
Ron, have you had a chance to drive it much after the Ravenol MTF-2 install?

ANY difference in shift feel to the factory fluid, or to the Gear 300 (which I think?) you had in the last car's transaxle?
I wonder if there is any difference to to the MTF-3 in shift feel/function, even though yes, Ravenol tech does suggest the MTF-2 for our rides.

ANY chance of you handling the Ground Control coil over conversion kits once they are released, or are they a 'direct to customer' only operation?
I want to say gear engagement is smoother now with the Ravenol fluid but maybe just maybe it's because I want it to feel better? I do know the car is noticably more quiet overall since changing out both the oil and trans fluid so there's that!

I ran Motorcraft 5W-30 Blend for the first change, now I have a case of Penn Grade 5W-30. Happy with the change so far.
I'll leave the Ravenol in the trans for a while, up until the LSD goes in...
I'm certain it's as good of a choice as any for this transaxle.

Next up.....

Radium oil catch can
Whiteline rear sway bar
POWERFLEX front sway bar bushings

then....

this
and that
and those..... don't want to say too much yet....