Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

when size matters....Pro Alloy Competition Front Mount Intercooler

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Holy cow, how is the radiator getting any air?
remember this is a competition intercooler...it will survive just fine on the street
you will NEED a radiator upgrade and thermostat upgrade for sure
intercoolers in front of radiators is not a new design

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
no interest in this

I guess I won't post pics of it installed

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It's cool don't get me wrong. But unless you have a built motor with a large Turbo it's simply not needed for anything. With that said there will be people they will want it just to have it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Rad! Let us know if coolant temps change. This IC is tall!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Shenanigans! I must gaze at this glorious contraption fully installed, if you will my kind sir.
pics coming hang on
Will this collide with a VT Big Mouth intake?
no chance with Velossa Tech / sorry
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's cool don't get me wrong. But unless you have a built motor with a large Turbo it's simply not needed for anything. With that said there will be people they will want it just to have it.

turbo upgrade is all I'll give you there
not sure why you need a built motor, that's not true at all
There are tons of race teams and fast cars in Europe running these with hybrid turbos and slightly larger

Nick Cook of AET is a great example beating the living daylights out of his track prepped Fiesta equipped with a VT330R turbo and this very intercooler. Engine internals : stock

Rad! Let us know if coolant temps change. This IC is tall!
This is a competition set up, I'm not sure why one would run this with a stock cooling system especially knowing the OEM cooling system needs help from the start

The Pro Alloy intercooler is extremely light and air will pass through very easily due to the tube and fin design....
These facts combined with a lower temp thermostat and uprated radiator will perform flawlessly

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You didn't understand what I was saying. A Intercooler this large is not needed until you hit the power level of a built motor with a monster Turbo. It's a cool factor to own it. But a simple hybrid Turbo upgrade does not need a intercooler like this unless you want it.

Wow that's massive!

What's the intercooler up front? The welds are not pretty. I'm sure they have penetration but wow.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
it's a cool piece. I have quite a few parts I plan on buying from your store over the next year.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
You didn't understand what I was saying. A Intercooler this large is not needed until you hit the power level of a built motor with a monster Turbo. It's a cool factor to own it. But a simple hybrid Turbo upgrade does not need a intercooler like this unless you want it. I like your store Ron but sometimes your sales push is a huge turn off.

I understand just fine
This post and the pictures are really to show this set up for my purpose and my build. I don't expect to sell many.

I invest money in parts I actually don't know if they fit or not. Then I share the result.

I'm sorry but the fact remains we have customers in Florida and on the west coast that are running VT330R's and other turbo kits using factory fit ATP and cp-e intercoolers that can not keep charge temps under control because they are running a lot of boost. Their climate has something do with it as well.
What is the alternative?
We have options coming that are a little smaller than this and obviously less expensive.

Wow that's massive!

What's the intercooler up front? The welds are not pretty. I'm sure they have penetration but wow.
That is an old DHM intercooler

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I believe in my opinion if you were going to run power levels like that you should build your motor up so you don't end up with a blown engine. Agree to disagree leave it at that. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I believe in my opinion if you were going to run power levels like that you should build your motor up so you don't end up with a blown engine. Agree to disagree leave it at that. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you.

Sorry I donā€™t understand your logic. Who is to say people donā€™t have built up engines and need something more like this? What is wrong with having options? Wtf is the point of bashing someone for Bringing options to the table? If donā€™t like stfu and move on. Just my opinion......

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Sorry I donā€™t understand your logic. Who is to say people donā€™t have built up engines and need something more like this? What is wrong with having options? Wtf is the point of bashing someone for Bringing options to the table? If donā€™t like stfu and move on. Just my opinion......
I'm not bashing anybody hell I have endorsed his store on my YouTube video. I clearly said if you have a built motor with a serious turbo pushing power this would be beneficial. I said someone with a simple hybrid Turbo upgrade nothing more does not need something this extreme unless they want the cool factor. I regret posting anything on this thread. I like Ron, I have endorsed Ron, and it's a cool piece.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
I'm not bashing anybody hell I have endorsed his store on my YouTube video. I clearly said if you have a built motor with a serious turbo pushing power this would be beneficial. I said someone with a simple hybrid Turbo upgrade nothing more does not need something this extreme unless they want the cool factor.

I encourage your opinion
Although I don't need to be insulted
This is posted in my section as an item I do have for sale

I'm not pushing this on anyone and the facts are everything I said when I told you your built requirement were facts, not opinions.
If that upsets you to the point you need to say Im pushy to sell these, Im sorry but I've re-read everything I posted here and don't see me pushing these on anyone.

As stated, this product is more of a show and tell. It is a bit extreme. We have more affordable big intercooler options coming but they are still for hybrid and big turbo owners on the factory engine [shakehands]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This whole website is one big cool kids club isn't it.
Unfortunately sometimes it does go down the wrong alley quick. I really didn't mean to start anything I was just commenting on a part. This is why I don't have a Facebook.