Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh SSD Kits (silicone symposer delete) IN STOCK $19.99 Shipped

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
The whoosh SSD Kit (silicone symposer delete) allows you to remove the sound symposer from your Fiesta ST

This will remove the artificial sound being piped into your car's interior and seal up any potential boost leaks the OEM Symposer may cause at higher than stock boost levels.
Made from multilayer, durable silicone just like all of our great whoosh brand silicone products. *we also offer Silicone Induction Hoses, Intercooler Boost Hose kits, Radiator Hose kits, and a few more things coming soon!

Installation is simple using the supplied clamp. Remove the entire part labeled #3 & #4 (BLUE) in the diagram below. This modification is reversible back to stock. The remaining accordion hose (#1 in the diagram) left from the symposer after removal can be disconnected at the firewall, behind the battery by pressing the connector together and pulling.

LINK TO PRODUCT>> https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/2014-fiesta-st-whoosh-brand-ssd-kit-silicone-symposer-delete-free-shipping

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Hah! It's like a little hat!

I like this better than the plug just to remove those damn stock clamps. Nice job!
honestly, the removal of the bottom clamp is 10x easier than the clamp that directly holds the symposer box to the "S" hose. Reason enough to purchase. The removal of the top clamp can be a pain....

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Am I one of the few who actually like the intake sound that the sound symposer gives out? Considering the price point this is at, I'm willing to try just to see how different the cabin noises sound.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Am I one of the few who actually like the intake sound that the sound symposer gives out? Considering the price point this is at, I'm willing to try just to see how different the cabin noises sound.
I personally like it a lot. Not only do I like the sound it makes people who ride in the car who don't take it seriously like it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
You do not have to buy anything to try it out. Disconnect part #1 from the diagram above and drive around. The symposer itself is sealed (in regards to the boost pressure), #1 is just a flimsy tube to pipe the sound into the cab. Unhooking it has zero consequences (maybe a bug can crawl in there?) If you like it without, removing the symposer allows for weight reduction and reduces the # of components of the car that can cause an eventual boost leak. If you rather have the sounds, just plug #1 back in and go on your merry way.

You do not have to buy anything to try it out. Disconnect part #1 from the diagram above and drive around. The symposer itself is sealed (in regards to the boost pressure), #1 is just a flimsy tube to pipe the sound into the cab. Unhooking it has zero consequences (maybe a bug can crawl in there?) If you like it without, removing the symposer allows for weight reduction and reduces the # of components of the car that can cause an eventual boost leak. If you rather have the sounds, just plug #1 back in and go on your merry way.
Damn, thanks. I don't know why I never thought about it. I was pretty set to get a symposer delete (this one probably at this point), but I was wondering how much of a difference it would make. I'll probably try that this week-end.

DangerMouse

Popped mine on today! This is a very high quality piece. I was surprised at how rigid it is. I have been trying to reduce the amount of hoses and clamps I have, so when I saw this, I bought it immediately. Nice to free up a little room too.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I personally like it a lot. Not only do I like the sound it makes people who ride in the car who don't take it seriously like it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
It's fine if your car is stock. I have a noisier intake, and with the symposer it was too loud for me on the freeway. If the sound system had more balls, I might have ignored it.

With a real CAI and without the symposer, I can hear the turbo and the BOV very clearly, and it's not drowning out what little bass this weak radio can make.

DangerMouse

I agree with XR650R. I enjoyed the sound symposer while stock. Now with my intake and exhaust, I get all the good real sounds, not that the symposer isn't real...it is and it isn't.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
It's fine if your car is stock. I have a noisier intake, and with the symposer it was too loud for me on the freeway. If the sound system had more balls, I might have ignored it.

With a real CAI and without the symposer, I can hear the turbo and the BOV very clearly, and it's not drowning out what little bass this weak radio can make.
I agree with XR650R. I enjoyed the sound symposer while stock. Now with my intake and exhaust, I get all the good real sounds, not that the symposer isn't real...it is and it isn't.
I see. I just have the RAMAIR drop in intake wise. Might delete the sound symposer when I get the ITG intake for all the turbo noises.

Was looking at some other delete kits and decided to go with this one. I really liked how this caps the bung on the intake tract rather than the hose. Its just a few inches of unnecessary hose but this seems like the best choice if you do not want/need a boost gauge AND are to cheap to buy a replacement intake pipe. Just order mine and am excited to get it. Also as others have mentioned just unplug the tube leading to the cabin to test the sound. I will be capping the tube leading to cabin at the firewall to prevent sound/engine odors coming into the cabin. Might be good for whoosh to have a combo pack with the symposer delete plug and the plug on the firewall too. CFM is the only delete I have seen with both but I like the simplicity of this one more and do not need a tap for boost pressure

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
Was looking at some other delete kits and decided to go with this one. I really liked how this caps the bung on the intake tract rather than the hose. Its just a few inches of unnecessary hose but this seems like the best choice if you do not want/need a boost gauge AND are to cheap to buy a replacement intake pipe. Just order mine and am excited to get it. Also as others have mentioned just unplug the tube leading to the cabin to test the sound. I will be capping the tube leading to cabin at the firewall to prevent sound/engine odors coming into the cabin. Might be good for whoosh to have a combo pack with the symposer delete plug and the plug on the firewall too. CFM is the only delete I have seen with both but I like the simplicity of this one more and do not need a tap for boost pressure
Thanks
I'm on Fiesta ST #3 now, all 3 had the hose disconnected at the fire wall no issues.
Mountune doesn't include a cap with their expensive kit so we followed suit and found it unnecessary to add cost to the kit

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Boom goes the Dynamite....small needle nose pliers from the top and a hose pick to separate the clamps from the hose! Thanks Ronny!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: