Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone around the DFW area?

I would love to spend a little more time with a Fiesta ST than I'm getting from a stealership. I'm not even asking to drive your car per say but rather ride around with you, maybe have you get into some shenanigans, see how the car feels when I'm not with a sales man... 10 minutes with a salesman just isn't selling me on 25000$ investment...

I'm in dfw but not sold on the idea of "getting into some shenanigans". Lol. It's a great car man. I actually like it more than the day I bought it.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I bought my ST unseen and i had never driven one. I took the magazines and people i knew at their word. I was not dissapointed. Its amazing.

OP
brisketsammich
Thread Starter #4
I'm mostly worried about little stuff that irritated the heck out of me like the center console/armrest being in the way while shifting... It's annoying to say the least...

Huh? All it needs is a little flick of the wrist basically. I never even noticed what you're talking about.

OP
brisketsammich
Thread Starter #7
I definitely knocked my elbow every time I went for even numbered gears and it was a big con for me. I'm wondering if you get used to it...

I definitely knocked my elbow every time I went for even numbered gears and it was a big con for me. I'm wondering if you get used to it...
You must have way longer arms than I do. Having a hand on the shifter and my elbow on the arm rest is a serious stretch for me.

But like said, I bought my Fiesta (Came from a 2001 Cobra) after 2 5 minute test drives. Basically bought it based on the reviews on the internet. It hasn't let me down yet. For me the only things that I didn't really notice during a test drive:

1. The ride is stiffer than I imagined it would be. The roads I test drove it on were pretty good roads, but the roads near my place are pretty terrible and it gets jostled around more than I would have thought. Not deal breaker bad, but definitely a stiffer ride than I thought it would be.

2. The seats, while comfortable (I have the base seats) don't hold you in well enough. The Recaro's however were just too much IMO for a daily driver. I wish they would have an inbetween option with a similar fit to the Fusion upgrade seats.

OP
brisketsammich
Thread Starter #10
I may be in Austin in 2 weeks for the weekend... A friend just moved down for culinary school and is having a house warming party... Are you a former FJ member?

Ford Community Posts