Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is your favorite tire brand?

What is your favorite Fiesta ST tire brand?

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 31 9.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Michelin

Votes: 119 34.9%
  • Kumho

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Falken

• Toyo

• Goodyear

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Nitto

• General

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Firestone

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Hankook

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sumitumo

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Hoosier

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
I sell tires at the dealership where I work and regularly recommend and sell the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 for performance oriented vehicles and drivers and have had no complaints. They're not an inexpensive tire, and not the most expensive either. My favorites in the past were my Firestone SZ50EP's (discontinued) and Nitto Neogens. Absolutely loved them as A/S performance tires. Discount Tire is my personal choice of the place to buy tires and most of them give you accurate info, but I do see them push Yokohama YK tires. Seems like they must get paid a bonus on those.
If you want to blow your mind on one site with tire choices, check out www.tires-easy.com

BFG is the best bang for the buck IMO, but the stock Potenzas feel pretty good.

Surprised at all the Michelin fans. I think they're great tires just way way overpriced.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
BFG is the best bang for the buck IMO, but the stock Potenzas feel pretty good.

Surprised at all the Michelin fans. I think they're great tires just way way overpriced.
What? You realize the Potenzas are almost twice the price?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Ummm... OE Potenzas are $170 a pop. Michelin AS/3 are $128. Ok, my estimation was way off, but there it is. I'd wager a couple bucks without looking that generally Michelins have better grip, and tread ware than Bridgestone as well. Whose words are you using as your own?

Chai

I like the stockers so far.. But will not get them again.. They seem to get slippery after a spirited 30-40 mile hill run..

TheStig

I like the stockers so far.. But will not get them again.. They seem to get slippery after a spirited 30-40 mile hill run..
Not to mention ill barely get a year or around 18k miles out of them. No track time, no burnouts, just spirited driving and mostly highway miles.

Never buy the stockers again with how quickly they have worn.

Ive always been a big fan of Continental. Unfortunately sometimes the model I want is not easy to get and it takes a lot of hassle to finally get them.

Quite pleased with the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 I had installed this weekend. I was worried they were going to be too soft, but they perform great.

haste

1000 Post Club
Ive always been a big fan of Continental. Unfortunately sometimes the model I want is not easy to get and it takes a lot of hassle to finally get them.
Yup, my last 4 sets of tires have been Continental Extremecontact DWS tires since I have to deal with some wintry weather during the year. I love them.

I am FINALLY going to have a spare set of wheels this coming year and will get to shod them with whatever I please! [cheerleader]

Zissou

I like the Michelins based solely on their motorcycle tires.

Didn't see Continentals on the list. I liked my Extreme Contact's for an all season I had on the Mini.

I like the Michelins based solely on their motorcycle tires.

Didn't see Continentals on the list. I liked my Extreme Contact's for an all season I had on the Mini.
You?re right. Continentals are not on the list for some reason [driving]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So far into the winter season, I have to say I prefer Continental DWS over Michelin AS/3. Caveat: I had the DWS on a RWD coupe W/LSD that was several hundred pounds a heavier and the tires were much wider.

I finally made the decision to swap the OEM tires for the Michelin Sport A/S 3's and couldn't be happier. The OEM's were downright awful this winter. I'll see how the Michelin's do this summer and might decide to keep them on for daily driving duty.

Best tire company all around? Michelin, that's pretty easy. I like certain tires from other companies like Toyo R888's I love, I like the Falken 453 if you want a good budget tire as well, and I love the Yokohama AD08 tire too. But for an all around tire that I want to use every single day, nothing beats the Michelin Super sport, and for a hardcore track tire too, the Pilot Cup Sport 2's are pretty insane as well.

Going into specifics. 99% of my driving is highway. So something I could get 30k out of would be nice.
As light as the car is its amazing the stocks only lasted 18k.
Any suggestions? Been looking at tires all day. Don't think I have anything that stood out.