Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gauges?

Does anyone run ancillary gauges to have real information?

Or do you just run an AP with certain info on it?

The dummy water temp is, well, dumb. I have four squares. I always have four squares. I'd like to have a number rather than four squares. I'd also like some oil temps, maybe pressure. Boost is always nice...I think you all understand what I am getting at.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I use the access port it has more details and can be logged. I do plan on installing an oil temp gauge as the OBD2 data is a calculation based on coolant temp. There are pods for the a-pillar if you search, as well as the vents.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I use the access port it has more details and can be logged. I do plan on installing an oil temp gauge as the OBD2 data is a calculation based on coolant temp. There are pods for the a-pillar if you search, as well as the vents.
I've seen several options for mounting. I'm just trying to figure out what gauges I should actually look at getting. Mounting can be sorted later.

I have been looking at Defi because I like the idea of running all the sensors to a "brain", and being able to daisy chain the gauges from the "brain". It is a matter of balancing useful info from the gauges while avoiding the overload of stuff I don't need.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
In terms of options Ya most information is available via the obd2 so even a Bluetooth dongle and run torque lots of data if you can get a reasonable screen.

[video=youtube;Nv13Nc4FXQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv13Nc4FXQY[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've seen that video for a mounting solution, but that is one gauge. I'd like a little more info.
I believe that Innovate Motorsports has at least dual function, if not multiple function gauges available (Canadian Guy, they have a dual function in one gauge face, oil temp and pressure gauge).

They also have many vacuum/boost gauges, multiple, multiple function ethanol content gauges, widebands, etc. [biggrin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
In terms of options Ya most information is available via the obd2 so even a Bluetooth dongle and run torque lots of data if you can get a reasonable screen.

[video=youtube;Nv13Nc4FXQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv13Nc4FXQY[/video]
These are great (I have Dash Command, Rev, and one more I can't remember, on a iPod using a Kiwi wi-fi OBD 2 plug in), BUT, we are right back to the oil temp not being an actual reported PID. [mad]

The actual oil PRESSURE (and actual boost for that matter) are reported PIDs, correct? (I HOPE!)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
http://www.modbargains.com/p3-cars-vent-gauge-ford-fiesta-st.htm

I have been looking at this one. It is a bit pricey but has a lot of features that could be useful for track use. No data-logging though from what I have read.
That is pretty cool, but yes $$$$ :(

Somewhat related to the OBD2 plug-in type gauges is a question I always had about the OBD 2 port; IS the signal from the port weakened, or degraded to the point of not functioning at all by using a (2 way, maybe even a 3 way) splitter if one wanted to use the above gauge PLUS an AP, and/or a wifi/blue tooth setup all at the same time? [???:)]

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just finished installing the PLX DM-100 gauge with a fluid pressure and fluid temperate modules for oil pressure/temp. It was a bit of a mess to get everything installed. I had to put the display and sensor modules in the glove box and snake 4 cables to the display unit in the driver's side vent delete and the engine bay. I have access to oil pressure/temp and most of the OBD-II values in a single gauge, though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just finished installing the PLX DM-100 gauge with a fluid pressure and fluid temperate modules for oil pressure/temp. It was a bit of a mess to get everything installed. I had to put the display and sensor modules in the glove box and snake 4 cables to the display unit in the driver's side vent delete and the engine bay. I have access to oil pressure/temp and most of the OBD-II values in a single gauge, though.
This sounds really good, despite the install complications. [thumb]

PLX is the company that makes the Kiwi wifi OBD2 device I use for the iPod car apps. ;)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Got pictures? sounds interesting.