Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone else have trouble rev matching?

Based

Whenever I try to rev match my downshift from 4th to 3rd I have to floor it for like almost a second and then it will finally be up to the correct rpm to shift. In my other cars since they weren't "drive-by-wire" the throttle response was a lot quicker which made downshifting a whole lot more natural feeling.

Does getting a tune help this?

I have the same issues. There is like a second delay when I hit the gas before the RPMs come up. I do my best to compensate.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #4
A tune will most definitely fix this
I hope you're right. Because I really am starting to get annoyed. I feel like the car would be so much more fun even just without that delay on stock power.

The rev hang that is there by default will go away as soon as you get an accessport and load a tune. Even if it's stage 0 it goes away

Rhinopolis

Yep, get the tune. No issues rev matching, and I actually think that the FiST is set up to do it quite well once you fix the factory boondoggle

Waterfan

Instantaneous throttle blips for rev matching with my AP/COBB OTS. Don't remember if I had an issue on stock tune or not.

A7xogg

No issues here with Rev matching, go drive a modern vw then drive the fist. Talk about a year delay Everytime you hit the gas tuned or not

I'm tuned and have no issues. I also have a gas pedal spacer that raises it up so I can heel toe shift. I don't act heal toe, but rather have the left side of my foot on the brakes and can roll the right side of my shoe into the gas to blip the throttle. Works well for daily driving. I have the thicker of the spacers that really raises the gas pedal. I think on the track my gas may be way high to blip if I'm in a very hard braking situation. Haven't done track time though.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk