Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MPG Tripometer randomly resetting

Hey all,

Last week I came out to a dead battery after work (I think I left accessory on or the negative cable ground was bad) and ever since then it seems just the "Avg MPG/MPH" side of the tripometer is randomly resetting. I tried uninstalling my AP, clearing KAM then fully reflashing and that didn't seem to help. It seems having the AP plugged in/not plugged in has any effect on it either (No DTCs/CEL showing). Any other ideas to troubleshoot or should I uninstall my tune and take it in for diagnosis?

2016 Fiesta ST
Cobb AP with Mountune OTS Stage 1 tune

Thanks!

Julian

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
OK it will reset if power is removed or if one of the buttons it pressed and held. That is either the signal stock being pushed in or the instrument panel button pushed. Check both buttons move freely and verify battery connection. Anything else would be a CPU issue.

OP
Thread Starter #4
Made sure both are moving freely. It's still resetting randomly - no pattern. Sometimes it goes 2-3 days before it resets itself.