Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Idk about this one but the boomba adapter was annoying ASF! I had to remove it for that reason. It started to sound so ricey and weird almost after my x37. Anyone have a video of this one making sounds? Considering this to fix my boost oscillation problem

TUX15ST

This barely changes the sounds at all compared to stock, not a big difference by any means, anyone claiming it does is just placebo effect

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
This barely changes the sounds at all compared to stock, not a big difference by any means, anyone claiming it does is just placebo effect
I agree, I was thinking the same thing but to claim that it sounds some what like a r2d2 bov?? Had to ask

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Idk about this one but the boomba adapter was annoying ASF! I had to remove it for that reason. It started to sound so ricey and weird almost after my x37. Anyone have a video of this one making sounds? Considering this to fix my boost oscillation problem
That's why I would not even consider the boomba racing adapter, and would ONLY consider their recirculating BPV/BOV system against this GFB unit. [wink]

DvC

Jesus christ [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] this thing got here fast... thank you sir

Going to install this tomorrow. What should I log before and after for results?

Jesus christ [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] this thing got here fast... thank you sir

If you can do a WOT pull through 1-2-3, maybe 4th gear speed shifting before/after so we can see if there's a difference in boost between gears, it would be much appreciated.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Boost pressure, speed, throttle position. What you should see with the DV+ is the boost being held between shifts or when the accelerator is released. Stock the boost drops to vacuum almost instantly when accelerator is released.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So with this valve....there is no more Bov noise like with my boomba adapter?
This is not a BOV. Therefore yes it will not have the sound of one. This is fully recirc like the stock but stronger as it does not only rely on the spring and has a slower release to help with throttle responce between shifts.

Siestarider

Wonderful post. Log is worth looking over carefully. I had no idea boost dropped from +14 at redline to -10 psi in 0.2 seconds during a shift with throttle lift. Then 0.6 sec to recover to 17 psi back on throttle. Very nice, quick and consistent shifts by the way. Generally dropping less than 2K rpm shift to shift.

If this valve upgrade provides benefits, this is the way to see them. Of course, only fanatics care about 0.1's of a second, but we have met the fanatics and they are us.

Now I wonder what flat foot shifting would show. I only use it on track when trying for a fast lap, but it does seem to hold boost better than throttle lift on shifts.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is not a BOV. Therefore yes it will not have the sound of one. This is fully recirc like the stock but stronger as it does not only rely on the spring and has a slower release to help with throttle responce between shifts.

The next question is Can the boomba Bov adapter work together with this?