Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

One of the best intercoolers

Looking for the best intercooler out today for my
Fist 2016 any recommendations would be great thanks :)

I'm using a MTC intercooler which is the same core as the Cobb/depo. I got it for 350 bucks shipped. You also can't go wrong with a Depe intercooler (if you are looking for cheap)!

I have a depo intercooler and I enjoy it. It's a great cheap option for a "factory fit" intercooler. The CPE intercooler has the best confirmed numbers I have seen with the stock crash bar then there is the dead hook race intercooler and tubular crash bar that has been the go to for the best intercooler on U.S. Fist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm using a MTC intercooler which is the same core as the Cobb/depo. I got it for 350 bucks shipped. You also can't go wrong with a Depe intercooler (if you are looking for cheap)!
MTC for me also. However, is the the absolute "best?" Far from it. DHM Race intercooler would probably be the way to go.

Depo is what I'm leaning towards based off of my budget at this time. Didn't realize it was the same core as the Cobb though.

I have a MAP and i'm a fan. I don't see charging temps more then 2 to 3 degrees above ambient and never over 10 degrees with WOT.. However, when i bought it i was unaware of Depo's products. for about 200 dollars cheaper. I have there downpipe and i'm a fan. Dont know if thats helpful for you really. But thats my experience.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's not so much that it's not good, it's just not as good as say, the DHM or CP-E.
Also, the CP-E will cover you right up to a BT kit (anything Cyborg 39 and below, and maybe even some of the smaller, less radical BTs out there), in the stock location/mounting area, and without the need for a crash bar.

The DHM Race IC and crash bar becomes an absolute necessity for anything above that level.

Last edited:
I have a MAP and i'm a fan. I don't see charging temps more then 2 to 3 degrees above ambient and never over 10 degrees with WOT.. However, when i bought it i was unaware of Depo's products. for about 200 dollars cheaper. I have there downpipe and i'm a fan. Dont know if thats helpful for you really. But thats my experience.
I have a 2016 FiST w/ an MAP intake. It's amazing, and I don't have any complaints.
How badass is the MAP intercooler? After doing research, I'm glad I'm able to use the stock piping. How's the overall performance?

- JR

I have a 2016 FiST w/ an MAP intake. It's amazing, and I don't have any complaints.
How badass is the MAP intercooler? After doing research, I'm glad I'm able to use the stock piping. How's the overall performance?

- JR
I love it. I'm doing logs now for a Deadhook Protune and 3rd gear WOT pulls till 6500 the charge temp doesn't raise past 5/6 degrees over ambient. It works as well as i could ask for. I would recommend it to anyone.

haste

1000 Post Club
Here is a CPE intercooler with a 4th gear pull at 100f and an x37....min/max. only 16f diff, not too shabby.

I've had the intercooler on my car with the lower grill removed for about 25k miles now and it still looks new.

I don't believe 3rd gear pulls really show the true performance of any parts on this car. 4th gear is where it's starts stressing everything.

I love it. I'm doing logs now for a Deadhook Protune and 3rd gear WOT pulls till 6500 the charge temp doesn't raise past 5/6 degrees over ambient. It works as well as i could ask for. I would recommend it to anyone.
Solid. I might go with a Mountune or MAP custom tune once it's installed. I live in SoCal, so with summer fast approaching, I'd like to throw this bad boy on.

- JR