Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

all-season suggestions

Jerickson88

I wanted the G1's but not available in 40 series on tire rack. Have them on my wifes outback and my SVT Focus. Nice overall but a little to "polite".
Quite though. I'll look at the Formozas for kicks.
There’s nothing really sporty about the Formozas, but looks don’t mean everything either. I don’t throw my car around like a nut either on public roads so they are absolutely perfect. Are they an $800 set? No. For sub $300, yeah I’d do it in a heartbeat.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
My FiST came optional with the Michelin A/S Sport 3's. I highly recommend them. Now, I have a different car to drive if its raining or snowing so I can't comment on those conditions but other then that they have been great. I have been spirited driving in them numerous times and even at the track they where great.

One time I went hard when it was 96+ degrees outside and they got really greasy and was prone to sliding while going fast but they're an all season tire and not a summer tire so thats understandable.

Jerickson88

My FiST came optional with the Michelin A/S Sport 3's. I highly recommend them. Now, I have a different car to drive if its raining or snowing so I can't comment on those conditions but other then that they have been great. I have been spirited driving in them numerous times and even at the track they where great.

One time I went hard when it was 96+ degrees outside and they got really greasy and was prone to sliding while going fast but they're an all season tire and not a summer tire so thats understandable.
That sounds characteristic of an all season. Small tread blocks versus large smooth tread blocks. Mine feel a little squirmy but I also understand how they are designed. I’d rather have a summer tire if I were tanking the car about town. I dram be to work and take the kids to school.

XanRules

Didn't read the rest of the thread but other all season tires dream of being the Pilot Sport A/S3+ when they grow up.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That sounds characteristic of an all season. Small tread blocks versus large smooth tread blocks. Mine feel a little squirmy but I also understand how they are designed. I’d rather have a summer tire if I were tanking the car about town. I dram be to work and take the kids to school.
Yeah thats why I wasn't too concerned. I went to the track and they did fantastic for an all-season but the high was also 60F degrees. I'm eager to see how this car performs with a proper summer tire equipped.

Jerickson88

I can also vouch for Neogens. Had them on an SVT focus. Made it thru inches of snow some years back, but so did the bridgestones the fiesta came with. I’m anxious to see how these feddys do.

Jerickson88

Didn't read the rest of the thread but other all season tires dream of being the Pilot Sport A/S3+ when they grow up.
That’s silly! There’s tons of great and probably better performing all seasons. But they are still quality tires for sure!

I am currently using falken ze950
Thanks, sounds like a good option. Nice to see some real hi-po tires that can be ripped in the cold. Wish somebody did a real back to back comparison. Testamonials are ok but everybody sees things differently. Need something more objective then go from there.

Thanks, sounds like a good option. Nice to see some real hi-po tires that can be ripped in the cold. Wish somebody did a real back to back comparison. Testamonials are ok but everybody sees things differently. Need something more objective then go from there.
Like to add I still like the Neogens, they come in 215/40's and put more rubber on the road but are less snow worthy but more performance. I have a 4wd Durnago if it gets really nasty.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I'm looking into wheels/tires this spring since the stockers are nearing their end. Leaning toward an all-season vs summer since I live in the Midwest and we get a huge variety of changing weather. Don't think I wanna go through the whole multiple sets of summer/winter tires at this point. Maybe later on but for now, I'm thinking all-season. I definitely don't plan on tracking the car with that setup but I would like a higher performance a/s tire. I had the Yokohama avid envigors on a previous vehicle and liked them but I haven't seen em in a 205/40.... Researching a little has brough me to these four so far...

Falken Ziex
General GMax
Toyo Proxes 4
Pilot Sport AS3

What do you guys think? The Toyos seem to be the widest at 8.5 on a 7.5" rim. Doesn't list the tread width though. Gmax is 8.4 and AS3 is 8.3. AS3 has the widest tread at 7.6 (still gotta verify the proxes tread width)...
Any other suggestions would be appreciated too.
Don't get ANY of that stuff unless they are 3 season setup....If not Go get another set of stock wheels....Get SNOW TIRES....Best thing I've done for Winter driving! I've got a spring summer and fall setup...Then a winter setup. I drove the First two years on Michelin as+3 ....slide..spun...got stuck multiple times. I was never a fan of winter time tires until I got mine....Got them off the forum shipped brand new from a dude in Alabama for $250....Then I got another set of stockers for $300 complete with 3k Bridgestone's and tire sensors. [party]

Ps. I know this thread is old but to those who are on the fence of winter time tires....Best winter/ snow area idea for your FiST!

It's unfortunate how expensive the 17" winter tires are for these cars compared to their 15" counterparts (not surprising of course). I'm currently going through the same dilema...winters for the stock 17s or buy a 15" setup. Decisions, decisions...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's unfortunate how expensive the 17" winter tires are for these cars compared to their 15" counterparts (not surprising of course). I'm currently going through the same dilema...winters for the stock 17s or buy a 15" setup. Decisions, decisions...
Buy them second hand..They come up for sale quite often....you just have to jump right away and not over think it! I did it..people always think that shipping tires is expensive....eeeerrr...wrong Its not bad at all! I got mine from Alabama...im in Mn. I think its was like$60...just choose shipping wisely! [ridinghorse]

Buy them second hand..They come up for sale quite often....you just have to jump right away and not over think it! I did it..people always think that shipping tires is expensive....eeeerrr...wrong Its not bad at all! I got mine from Alabama...im in Mn. I think its was like$60...just choose shipping wisely! [ridinghorse]
Who did you ship through?

Few years ago I bought 4 second hand tires from a known Platform….I saw them on pic and..woww! looking great and good conditions.
One day the Delivery man brought them in a carton.
I opened the carton and...[cheerleader]..what the hell kind of tires I bought?....They seemed made by wood [chair]. Perhaps they were the first winter tires made in 1934 in Finland….
Since that day I'll never buy something second hand..[biggrin]