Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member 105 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner Accel Junky's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dallas
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does ANYONE actually have the StopTech BBK fitted??

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Unfortunately I put mine on today and noticed that there was no way in Zeus' butthole that I could fit wheels over the caliper under the stock fenders (see my build thread for more details).

That got me thinking...I bought the StopTech BBK on good faith of their name, I didn't look to see anyone running it first.

Now I've been digging around the internet and I cannot find ONE person running the StopTech BBK on a Fiesta ST aside from the SEMA Cobb car from a few years ago.

Is anyone out there running it and if so can you share what wheels, spacers, extended studs, over fenders or whatever the heck you did to clear the calipers and be able to drive the car?
    Current:
    17 GT350, 16 Fiesta ST, 13 X5 x35i, 90 GTR

Previous (41):
    10 GT3, 16 GT4, 13 Cayenne 6MT, 02 M3, 15 M3, 16 GT4, 15 M3, 98 NSX, 01 M5, 95 Ranger, 05 TL, 04 S2K, 12 Mustang GT, 12 CBR250R, 12 Golf TDI, 11 Frontier, 07 YZF1, 10 Tacoma, 09 MX5, 92 MX5, 90 MX5, 92 NSX, 08 Ducati 848, 02 Honda 919, 08 335i, 93 LS1 RX7, 91 NSX, 04 Z06, 98 Bandit 1200, 95 240SX, 90 RB20 240SX, 91 RB25 240SX, 89 240SX, 93 Supra TT HT, 95 Supra TT, 01 GSXR600, 95 M3, 97 Prelude, 93 CBR600, 94 Integra, 94 Firebird, 91 Accord

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Somewhere
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch, sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, I printed out the template when they first came out for shits and giggles. Seems like they need a 15mm spacer for the stock wheels.

Member 105 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner Accel Junky's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Dallas
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran the template after the fact because I assumed with my aggressive wheel fitment clearing the Wilwoods no problem that I'd be OK. Definitely confirms about a 12mm spacer on my already +40 17x8 wheels. I really don't know what wheel could fit these brakes aside from the very unique Motegi MR119 which was on the Cobb SEMA car with these brakes and is now discontinued.

Still hoping to find 1 customer with the brake kit but I haven't yet. I've been all over instagram, Google, multiple forums and cannot find anyone running them.

I can tell from looking at the brake design that they should've made the ring of the rotor hat thicker so that it positions the rotor more inboard and then make a thinner adapter brake for the caliper accordingly. Theres a solid 10mm alone that they could've pulled everything inward.

Unfortunately I may have made a major error trusting that StopTech wouldn't list a vehicle-specific fitment that wasn't realistic to fit. I should've taken a hint if I couldn't find ANYONE running these...
    Current:
    17 GT350, 16 Fiesta ST, 13 X5 x35i, 90 GTR

Previous (41):
    10 GT3, 16 GT4, 13 Cayenne 6MT, 02 M3, 15 M3, 16 GT4, 15 M3, 98 NSX, 01 M5, 95 Ranger, 05 TL, 04 S2K, 12 Mustang GT, 12 CBR250R, 12 Golf TDI, 11 Frontier, 07 YZF1, 10 Tacoma, 09 MX5, 92 MX5, 90 MX5, 92 NSX, 08 Ducati 848, 02 Honda 919, 08 335i, 93 LS1 RX7, 91 NSX, 04 Z06, 98 Bandit 1200, 95 240SX, 90 RB20 240SX, 91 RB25 240SX, 89 240SX, 93 Supra TT HT, 95 Supra TT, 01 GSXR600, 95 M3, 97 Prelude, 93 CBR600, 94 Integra, 94 Firebird, 91 Accord

Medals
    City
    Somewhere
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountune listed a BBK kit and posted it on their FB. It looks like they're Brembo stuff, but they do list what wheels (OZ) would fit without spacers.

https://www.mountunestore.com/collec.../big-brake-kit

Senior Member 1133 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Will any other company's rings fit on the Brembo hats?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Will any other company's rings fit on the Brembo hats?
    I'd recommend having a set made through Coleman racing.. some of the best rings on the market.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
    I ran the template after the fact because I assumed with my aggressive wheel fitment clearing the Wilwoods no problem that I'd be OK. Definitely confirms about a 12mm spacer on my already +40 17x8 wheels. I really don't know what wheel could fit these brakes aside from the very unique Motegi MR119 which was on the Cobb SEMA car with these brakes and is now discontinued.

Still hoping to find 1 customer with the brake kit but I haven't yet. I've been all over instagram, Google, multiple forums and cannot find anyone running them.

I can tell from looking at the brake design that they should've made the ring of the rotor hat thicker so that it positions the rotor more inboard and then make a thinner adapter brake for the caliper accordingly. Theres a solid 10mm alone that they could've pulled everything inward.

Unfortunately I may have made a major error trusting that StopTech wouldn't list a vehicle-specific fitment that wasn't realistic to fit. I should've taken a hint if I couldn't find ANYONE running these...
    Was the Stoptech BBK template telling the truth once you tried it on your wheels?

I'm sure its irrelevant now but I ran both Stoptech BBK templates(they apparently have two rotor sizes for the FiST), and with my 17x8 38mm offset TD Pro Race 1.2s they both clear the spokes with a good 8-10mm clearance left. Now this is trusting that the template is correct. We'll see once I acquire the kit.

Its hard to know since BBK caliper clearance depends on wheel diameter, offset, AND spoke design. So the TD with its outward direction spoke design might actually be the proper wheel for it. No one who ran this kit had TD wheel so I have to be the guinea pig.

I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that I cut and was using the template correctly just to make sure because many people have like 1-2mm clearance while mine was sitting happy with a good amount of clearance.

EDIT: Here's the pics showing the clearance I should have:

Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Atl
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    Was the Stoptech BBK template telling the truth once you tried it on your wheels?

I'm sure its irrelevant now but I ran both Stoptech BBK templates(they apparently have two rotor sizes for the FiST), and with my 17x8 38mm offset TD Pro Race 1.2s they both clear the spokes with a good 8-10mm clearance left. Now this is trusting that the template is correct. We'll see once I acquire the kit.

Its hard to know since BBK caliper clearance depends on wheel diameter, offset, AND spoke design. So the TD with its outward direction spoke design might actually be the proper wheel for it. No one who ran this kit had TD wheel so I have to be the guinea pig.

I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that I cut and was using the template correctly just to make sure because many people have like 1-2mm clearance while mine was sitting happy with a good amount of clearance.

EDIT: Here's the pics showing the clearance I should have:

This will be interesting to see. Tirerack is closing out my OZ Leggendas so I need to find another option besides the Rota Grid. I may order a Konig Hypergram for test fitment but I need to talk to the reseller first to see if I can return it if fitment is way off. I’m not opposed to race-spec spacers. Ive been tracking the shit out of mine without a problem.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woods247 View Post
    This will be interesting to see. Tirerack is closing out my OZ Leggendas so I need to find another option besides the Rota Grid. I may order a Konig Hypergram for test fitment but I need to talk to the reseller first to see if I can return it if fitment is way off. I’m not opposed to race-spec spacers. Ive been tracking the shit out of mine without a problem.
    I'm definitely anxious to see the result. Especially since AccelJunky went through hell and back buying 5 sets of wheels to see what fits, but he never got any TD wheels to test fitment on so thats why I'm a little ambitious about it, plus if the template is correct I'm fine. Also, the TD's have a outward spoke design and deeper hub so that makes me feel a little better as well.

I have spacers on my other car as well. I feel as long as you get quality spacers and they aren't TOO big you should be fine. I would really prefer not to get spacers if this BBK doesn't fit because the wheel is a 17x8 38mm offset so if I get a spacer the wheel/wire would literally be poking and I don't want that.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

Senior Member 1133 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I wonder if they would fit with the 42ET, 17x8 Pro Race 1.2s?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast