Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
That one huge offset tip threw me off but 360 for stainless almost got me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

for anyone that is curious about the Whoosh catless+Thermal combo.....

Yeah it's great. i've had some time with it now, couple trips 80-90 mph down the parkway, slow speed driving, hooning, whatever. not a single ounce of drone in the cabin. As far as i'm concerned, this combo is damn near PERFECT for this car. If you drive with the windows up, rainy day or highway or whatever, you can barely hear the exhaust unless you're punching it. Which leads me to my next point, cruising around this exhaust is really really tame. Once you hit boost and that wastegate opens though, it really screams with a wonderful tone. Driving windows down, its great to hear the sound this creates while cruising. Very audible, lots of low speed poppy/gurgly stuff (strat tune, not crackle tune)

Super happy with this combo. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] thanks for convincing me to go Thermal instead of waiting for the cp-E lol. Thermal R&D really did their R&D (heh) and I really couldn't be happier

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
for anyone that is curious about the Whoosh catless+Thermal combo.....

Yeah it's great. i've had some time with it now, couple trips 80-90 mph down the parkway, slow speed driving, hooning, whatever. not a single ounce of drone in the cabin. As far as i'm concerned, this combo is damn near PERFECT for this car. If you drive with the windows up, rainy day or highway or whatever, you can barely hear the exhaust unless you're punching it. Which leads me to my next point, cruising around this exhaust is really really tame. Once you hit boost and that wastegate opens though, it really screams with a wonderful tone. Driving windows down, its great to hear the sound this creates while cruising. Very audible, lots of low speed poppy/gurgly stuff (strat tune, not crackle tune)

Super happy with this combo. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] thanks for convincing me to go Thermal instead of waiting for the cp-E lol. Thermal R&D really did their R&D (heh) and I really couldn't be happier
I'm glad you are happy. Very sorry for the cp-e delays.
Can't go wrong with Thermal R&D though! It truly is a well build and great design for the Fiesta...say no to drone!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Cp-e w/catless is stupid loud. I would go quieter if I could go back. Cobb maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Cp-e w/catless is stupid loud. I would go quieter if I could go back. Cobb maybe.

With resonator or without? I have a catless with res and I dont think it's too loud. I posted a video earlier in this thread.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
With resonator or without? I have a catless with res and I dont think it's too loud. I posted a video earlier in this thread.

I have both setups, it’s loud either way.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
It's odd because when I swap the res pipe out for the non res pipe it gets louder outside but seems quieter inside. Maybe it's the lack of drone? When it finally gets a lil cooler outside I'm going to swap em again. Kinda fun to change the sound now and then.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It's odd because when I swap the res pipe out for the non res pipe it gets louder outside but seems quieter inside. Maybe it's the lack of drone? When it finally gets a lil cooler outside I'm going to swap em again. Kinda fun to change the sound now and then.
It seems that doing a res delete, no matter the exhaust system, reduces drone because there is no resistance created right there in the middle of your car... Funny how Ford calls it a "Front muffler", I think for a stock turbo a res delete with rear muffler swap to a Vibrant may be a good way to make sound without going full catback.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Does anyone know how long each the front muffler/resonator, #8, and the stock rear muffler, #12? Just looking to match up the best size muffler while keeping stock piping for now... Probably will just do a res delete and replace muffler, just curious about options...

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Does anyone know how long each the front muffler/resonator, #8, and the stock rear muffler, #12? Just looking to match up the best size muffler while keeping stock piping for now... Probably will just do a res delete and replace muffler, just curious about options...

I have my stock exhaust hanging from the ceiling in my garage now, I can check when I get home.

Have you verified that it's actually much cheaper to swap both than just have a new system fabbed?

Though I don't have the measurements on-hand, I used a vibrant 1795 front resonator which I believe was slightly longer than stock, you could probably use one of those in 2.25" for your front res.

If you're just looking for a more fun sound, you could swap your stock muffler for a vibrant muffler (don't just swap the rear to a vibrant ultra quiet + res delete, it'll drone a bit), then decide if you want to remove the front res or not.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have my stock exhaust hanging from the ceiling in my garage now, I can check when I get home.

Have you verified that it's actually much cheaper to swap both than just have a new system fabbed?

Though I don't have the measurements on-hand, I used a vibrant 1795 front resonator which I believe was slightly longer than stock, you could probably use one of those in 2.25" for your front res.

If you're just looking for a more fun sound, you could swap your stock muffler for a vibrant muffler (don't just swap the rear to a vibrant ultra quiet + res delete, it'll drone a bit), then decide if you want to remove the front res or not.
Thanks for the reply, especially with exact part #'s, there are a lot of choices out there and just a muffler swap was definitely on the list although a res delete with a solid actual muffler for the rear and not just a single res for the rear seems OK...

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the reply, especially with exact part #'s, there are a lot of choices out there and just a muffler swap was definitely on the list although a res delete with a solid actual muffler for the rear and not just a single res for the rear seems OK...
It all depends what your tolerance is. The front resonator tames certain frequencies while the muffler handles different ones. It's all based on wave length - shorter mufflers and resonators cancel higher frequencies, longer mufflers and resonators tame lower frequencies. Thats why if you use just a vibrant ultra quiet (amazing little resonator!) as a muffler it kills all the frequencies below a certain point, making it deep and boomy to the point of being painful. Then you'd want something to tame the 105-120hz range, so you get into chambered mufflers, etc. If you were going to use a short bodied muffler, you'd want to use a very long resonator to spread out the frequencies as much as possible. If you want to keep the stock piping, maybe throw a magnaflow or a vibrant straight-through muffler on the back and leave the stock res, drive around until break-in, then decide if you want to pull the resonator too. Just remember, you can buy an exhaust in the 300's, so you'll quickly hit MBRP territory (though the mbrp is pretty boomy in the ~105hz range)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
That fits the cutout REALLY well! [thumb]

I have a 4" (black Cerakoted) single tip on mine, but it is a TURN DOWN (Ultimate Racing), and not a slash cut, straight out the back single tip like the Milltek.
you really need to learn how to post pics from your phone! lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It all depends what your tolerance is. The front resonator tames certain frequencies while the muffler handles different ones. It's all based on wave length - shorter mufflers and resonators cancel higher frequencies, longer mufflers and resonators tame lower frequencies. Thats why if you use just a vibrant ultra quiet (amazing little resonator!) as a muffler it kills all the frequencies below a certain point, making it deep and boomy to the point of being painful. Then you'd want something to tame the 105-120hz range, so you get into chambered mufflers, etc. If you were going to use a short bodied muffler, you'd want to use a very long resonator to spread out the frequencies as much as possible. If you want to keep the stock piping, maybe throw a magnaflow or a vibrant straight-through muffler on the back and leave the stock res, drive around until break-in, then decide if you want to pull the resonator too. Just remember, you can buy an exhaust in the 300's, so you'll quickly hit MBRP territory (though the mbrp is pretty boomy in the ~105hz range)
Good point, the Tsudo sounds great but can't stand the huge can tip built right on to the muffler so that would make a whole muffler swap needed and kill the value there... Although I DO really like the "not TOO big" 2.75" that is easier to install with less rubbing/hanging issues of a full 3", even replacing the Tsudo muffler for a Magnaflow or Vibrant would still have it come out under $500, but until I go bigger turbo I'm trying to keep it simple, so maybe an 18-20" muffler swap for now, now that I know the factory size..

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
https://youtu.be/SlPQZnVRwSI

anybody have experience with the new Flowmaster cat back? Or maybe just a universal Flowmaster muffler? I am going to have my new exhaust tip put on today. I was thinking I may even swap out the MagnaFlow for a Flowmaster for a little bit more noise. What do y'all think?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

anticon

Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust on ebay? With the 15% off coupon today, I could get a new exhaust shipped for $210. Seems like that's got to be about the cheapest exhaust you can get.

EDIT: I found another one priced around $240 shipped, so with the coupon around $206. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-18-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Stainless-Steel-Dual-3-Exit-Catback-Exhaust-System-Kit/362411354572?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-18-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Stainless-Steel-Dual-3-Exit-Catback-Exhaust-System-Kit/362411354572?

Here is the same on from a different store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-14-18-Ford-Fiesta-ST-1-6L-Turbo-Stainless-Dual-3-OD-Catback-Exhaust-System/401588185072?

FOR 14-18 FORD FIESTA ST STAINLESS STEEL DUAL 3"EXIT CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM KIT
DESCRIPTION

Upgrading vehicle's exhaust system is a great way to build horsepower, free up trapped torque, and improve upon restrictive factory systems. The larger pipes, low-restriction mufflers, and tuned resonators of a well-designed performance exhaust system can make a world of difference on your vehicle. The net result is lower auto exhaust backpressure, more horsepower, more torque, and a much better sound.

INCLUDE:

1 X Catback Exhaust System
Hardware as Shown in the Picture Above

FEATURES:

Catback Exhaust:

Made of High Quality Aluminized Steel with Computerized Mandrel-Bends for Strength and Durability
TIG welded CNC Machine Flange for Resistance Against Pressure and Corrosion
3" OD Inlet / 3" OD Main Piping
Perforated Core Mufflers
Slip On Piping Design for Easy Installation and Adjustability
Aggressive Deep and Smooth Tone Sound while Ensures Smooth Exhaust Gas Flow
Increase Engine Output and Efficiency
Dyno Proven to Instantly Increases 15 to 25 Horsepower or Low End Torque
Install your own Muffler Tips for Enchance Look or Go Without for that Sleeper Look

NOTES:

Compatible with:

14-18 Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbo

100% Brand New
Professional Installation is Highly Recommended
Installation Instruction is NOT Included