Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, I mean, they're all places with really good reviews on Google/Yelp/etc which is usually how I'll pick a shop without getting personal recommendations, and one is a couple blocks from work, but boy that seems like a lot.

Keep me posted on what you find for a cheapass like me!
So I think you already saw my post elsewhere but for this Exhaust thread, I'm reporting back on what I did.. So I ordered an 18" MagnaFlow glasspack (#18125) off eBay ($30) and a 9" resonated black tip off Amazon ($20) and had the glasspack put in at a muffler shop. They charged $100 as they had to do a little S pipe at the end of the glasspack. The tip hadn't arrived yet so it was LOUD with the exhaust ending under the car still (told them to leave room for a 9" tip to be added) but when I got the screw-on tip on, it immediately sounded much better and now with some miles on it, the sound has gotten even a bit better with the glasspack fiberglass softening up a bit... For $150 total I'm really happy with how it sounds, not overbearing at all and nice and deep with some natural pops and gurgles.

XanRules

So I think you already saw my post elsewhere but for this Exhaust thread, I'm reporting back on what I did.. So I ordered an 18" MagnaFlow glasspack (#18125) off eBay ($30) and a 9" resonated black tip off Amazon ($20) and had the glasspack put in at a muffler shop. They charged $100 as they had to do a little S pipe at the end of the glasspack. The tip hadn't arrived yet so it was LOUD with the exhaust ending under the car still (told them to leave room for a 9" tip to be added) but when I got the screw-on tip on, it immediately sounded much better and now with some miles on it, the sound has gotten even a bit better with the glasspack fiberglass softening up a bit... For $150 total I'm really happy with how it sounds, not overbearing at all and nice and deep with some natural pops and gurgles.
Cool, I'm gonna go get my resonator swapped out next week and then decide what I wanna do for a muffler. I've got a Vibrant resonated tip sitting in the garage for when I do the muffler swap, but so far after parts and labor I'm gonna be $110 into this exhaust. Not bad! We'll have to compare when I get mine all set up. ;)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Videos or it didn't happen. Or at least some pics.
I can get a pic real quick sure, but I haven't even heard it outside of the car myself other than at idle, haven't been able to grab anyone who is car savvy enough to rev it up with me outside to hear it... Yeah I have only my partner who drives at all in my home and she has no concept of manual or even gears, LOL... I'll try to grab my buddy to help me out with that.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Cool, I'm gonna go get my resonator swapped out next week and then decide what I wanna do for a muffler. I've got a Vibrant resonated tip sitting in the garage for when I do the muffler swap, but so far after parts and labor I'm gonna be $110 into this exhaust. Not bad! We'll have to compare when I get mine all set up. ;)
Sounds good, pun originally not intended, heh, so how does your $110 break down as? I know the Vibrant's not cheap, you found a place that will do the labor cheap?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
You take your partner to a remote location where there is little traffic and have them hold the camera. Had my wife take the video that's on YouTube of mine. Oh not trying to be rude or anything either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Here's a few pics to start, gonna go do some Uber Eats for a couple hours...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of tips that bolt on like that, but it does look very nice from the back. Clean.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm not a fan of tips that bolt on like that, but it does look very nice from the back. Clean.
Thanks? Not sure why it matters if it screws on or is welded on when it's not seen anyway and gives me flexibility to change it up... But yeah I'm happy with how the look and sound came out for sure.

XanRules

Sounds good, pun originally not intended, heh, so how does your $110 break down as? I know the Vibrant's not cheap, you found a place that will do the labor cheap?
My math was a bit off after looking at the receipts. I got quoted $50 on labor, $10 for the tip, and $62.50 for the resonator on sale, so about $122.50.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I work on the freeway and I find them all the time. Every now and then I'll find one that made it to the shoulder without being smashed.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
My math was a bit off after looking at the receipts. I got quoted $50 on labor, $10 for the tip, and $62.50 for the resonator on sale, so about $122.50.
Damn, that's not bad at ALL... so you mention tip, does that mean you will use the new res as a muffler? If so, then that labor is indeed really low, again I had to pay $100 as it did take some custom welding and hanging to get it to come out at the right height for the tip... Also, what tip did you get?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I work on the freeway and I find them all the time. Every now and then I'll find one that made it to the shoulder without being smashed.
Ah, yeah, I can see your concern from that angle for sure... I made sure to read the decent number of reviews and not one mentioned anything about it coming off on mine, even guys coming back after a year to report they still love theirs, but if they were falling off, then people would come back to review just to complain about it I would think, LOL... it has 3 wide things that really bite down good from the screws, and honestly doing it by myself without anyone to hold in place for me took far longer than I'd like to admit, like just about every single thing I do to the car, LOL... but yeah, I made made sure to get all 3 tightened down REALLY good, if it does come off then I'll have one welded on next time, no more messing around.

XanRules

Damn, that's not bad at ALL... so you mention tip, does that mean you will use the new res as a muffler? If so, then that labor is indeed really low, again I had to pay $100 as it did take some custom welding and hanging to get it to come out at the right height for the tip... Also, what tip did you get?
Nah, I'll be switching out the front resonator. The tip is just on hand in case I decide to switch out the muffler, too. :)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
That's good to hear. Was not talking trash and by no means ment to offend. Like I said I like the look from the back for sure. Just take a wrench to it every so often for piece of mind. Every other month? Idk. Never had one myself.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That's good to hear. Was not talking trash and by no means ment to offend. Like I said I like the look from the back for sure. Just take a wrench to it every so often for piece of mind. Every other month? Idk. Never had one myself.
Thanks man! No offense taken, and that's why I pressed for a bit more info to hear your thoughts, I appreciate it!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thanks man! No offense taken, and that's why I pressed for a bit more info to hear your thoughts, I appreciate it!
You can always have it tacked into place once you’re sure about it, too.

Guys looking at resonators, remember if using a bottle resonator length determines the range of frequencies it’ll cancel. Longer = less drone. It’s the length not the girth ;)