Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #41
That setting shows up once you enable the camera with FORScan.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Haha. I just sped through getting everything installed. Didn't even bother exploring the settings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Interesting little tidbit I found under vehicle settings. There is a button now for camera settings. Didn't notice any changes when selecting camera delay.

If memory serves me correctly this is mainly for the automatic transmissions to avoid the flickering of the rear camera when going from park to drive, crossing reverse. Well it is that in our Edge.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #43
Makes sense. Also explains why it changed back to off after exiting out of it.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #46
And it uses your phone as the monitor. For that price I would just go with lockpick or something that does not require me to get my phone out, unlock it and mount it before I back out of a spot. I am not dogging it and I guess it fills a small purpose for those who aren't DIY'ers don't want the hassle of opening up your car and installing stuff. To me, as simple as it is to install this, the added work to do whatever I need to the phone to get it to turn on the monitor I could just easly live without it and would only use it every now and then.

AzNightmare

Do you guys have any tutorials or tips on removing the trunk trim pieces?
I bought one of those eBay cameras that replaces the plate lights (finally got it today when I ordered it in December!)
I didn't want to drill any holes to thread the wires... I know some people just drill a hole, but did you guys remove the trim pieces instead?

I switched the camera portion of this system:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VFE22EC/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2_w

to this backup camera (Also Amazon)

Esky EC170-08 Waterproof Night Vision HD CMOS 170?Viewing Field Car Rear View Backup Camera

I like it so far. The narrow field of view on the original system doesn't work for me.

Also some cold weather issues that are likely related to the (original) camera. (Didn't work if less than 50 degrees outside temp...) Will let you know about the new camera. Installed it today but may not get cold again here in Texas for a while (90 degrees today).

Monitor (mirror) is a close fit for the FiST, but it works.

Love the hybrid (mixed) system so far.

--Ernie

This is what the connection to the screen will look like. You will simply insert the connections in #14 & #15.

Where did you get that wiring diagram? I am trying to figure out which pins are #14 and #15.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #50
Where did you get that wiring diagram? I am trying to figure out which pins are #14 and #15.
The diagram came from a Focus ST site, but same plug. If you look at the end of the plug starting from upper left it is numbered 1 then on upper right is 18. 14 and 15 are the two spots that do not have any wires on the top row.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...UmgaFJYVG5XhBT58vz5hc3LOpA%2bYD9QtuRZQKTeQQ==

These are the connectors you use. I scavenged through my computer parts bin and found some more wire that had the style of connections that would be better suited than what I used, so I will probably open it back up and replace what I used with these.

Did you end up ordering the connectors from Mouser? Through all my cables, including ones just like yours, none of them fit properly in the connector, they were too small to where when I'd go to plug the connector in the would simply push out, and there's no way once the shell is on to push them back in

The diagram came from a Focus ST site, but same plug. If you look at the end of the plug starting from upper left it is numbered 1 then on upper right is 18. 14 and 15 are the two spots that do not have any wires on the top row.
Thank you,

These two marked in the photo correct? Also does anyone know the part number for those small plastic clips of doom (I lost 3 in the bowels of my dash)?

Thank you,

These two marked in the photo correct? Also does anyone know the part number for those small plastic clips of doom (I lost 3 in the bowels of my dash)?

Those two, correct! Also would like to find the clips, same thing happened to me haha. I tried some connectors from a computer fan, floppy connector, usb connector (where it plugs into the motherboard) audio connector, all of them similar and all of them too small to fit right

Those two, correct! Also would like to find the clips, same thing happened to me haha. I tried some connectors from a computer fan, floppy connector, usb connector (where it plugs into the motherboard) audio connector, all of them similar and all of them too small to fit right
I flared the tip a bit and feed the connector in from the front rather then the back, it would no longer push through.

brbauer2

Once you are in the AIPM the first line 7D0-01-01 has 3 boxes of alpha numeric code XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. I am sure these will be different depending on the different options and such each car has, but the second number because we do not have reverse cameras should be "1" so it should look like X1XX-XXXX-XXXX. What I have read is that "1" disables, "2" enables just the camera and "3" enables camera along with obstacle detection. I don't have obstacle detection so I put "2" in. Now when I put my car in reverse it will say that no camera is detected and to contact the dealership.
2 just worked for me. Just need to buy a camera now.

'16 Sync3 w/recaro

Edit
Just noticed that Display options Auto Mode (day/night) switch no longer works or the dimming.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #59
Thank you,

I have the part number at home. I went to a dealership and cost me $11 for 8 new ones. I will post it later when I get home tonight.