Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Civic Type R

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yes, to each their own, and even if I had 20x the asking price of this much anticipated 'wonder' to spend on something, it would NEVER be THIS car. ;)

For this kind of coin, I'd still rather have a low(er) mile, setup/prepped, C6 Z06 for track day fun use, since I am still one of those (very much hated by the import/Honda worshipping, JDM YO!, FWD crew) naturally aspirated, big power, RWD fans. LOL [driving]

I WILL give the credit due to the Honda engineers though for the; thought, function, and weight reduction efforts (IF NOT the style points) they put into this car. [wink]
Is this really true? I've never met anyone doing anything serious that hated on other platforms. Most appreciate the engineering and work that go into them, because they know what they've gone through themselves...

Anyway, I'll probably be in a Type R when my Civic's lease is up. It'll be a nice daily.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is this really true? I've never met anyone doing anything serious that hated on other platforms. Most appreciate the engineering and work that go into them, because they know what they've gone through themselves...

Anyway, I'll probably be in a Type R when my Civic's lease is up. It'll be a nice daily.
Just for clarification's sake, I was speaking more to the ricer-type, JAPAN ONLY, FANBOYZZ, than to any REAL enthusiast types. [wink]

You know, the ones who have V8KILR license plates, or the Calvin pissing on a Blue Oval, or bowtie sticker, on their anemic, melon launcher tip equipped shitboxes, types (might as well be Calvin pissing on an American flag as far as I'm concerned). [mad]

Just for clarification's sake, I was speaking more to the ricer-type, JAPAN ONLY, FANBOYZZ, than to any REAL enthusiast types. [wink]

You know, the ones who have V8KILR license plates, or the Calvin pissing on a Blue Oval, or bowtie sticker, on their anemic, melon launcher tip equipped shitboxes, types (might as well be Calvin pissing on an American flag as far as I'm concerned). [mad]
The sheer volume of prejudice and stereotyping in your posts never ceases to amaze me.

Re: the V8KILR comment - By default, wouldn't they already be acknowledging that V8 cars tend to be impressively quick? Why shouldn't they be proud of having built something faster? Are you not building up a turbo 4 shitbox capable of dusting V8s?

Re: the Calvins - How is this any different from the Calvins wearing a Chevy shirt pissing on a Ford/Mopar emblem (or vice-versa) that started the whole classless trend?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just saw my first Civic Type R in the flesh. To my eyes it looks like a clown car put together form a kit with bad instructions.
Same here. Saw one last week. I know the car has great performance, but it looks like a car a 20-something would drive while he's trying to pick up teenage girls like Roy Moore at the mall. It also screams, "Give me a ticket, officer!"

ROCKYFiestta

I Have seen the civic type r, and i am not impressed. for that money ill get a used sti and mod it and walk all over this car. heck for that money ill make my st fist walk all over that car.

Not a fan of the Civic Type R at all. Looks terrible from almost every angle. They really should have based the Type R on the SI Coupe body style. Regardless of cost I actually would rather have the Civic SI Coupe and tune it if I was looking for a new Honda. Performance is incredibly good for a FWD car but for the money you could also buy a Mustang GT!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If someone gave me one I would probably keep it. It looks crazy but I like crazy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

dmb

Honda does alot better than Hyundai in the looks dept, it took suzuki along time to catch up in the 60's to the yamaha and honda look. but It looks like they are in the running for car and tracks ugly car of the year 2018.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If someone gave me one I would probably keep it. It looks crazy but I like crazy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I would sell it to an import fanboiee, and use those funds to get a used, but with any/all recalls done already, FoRS, OR just mod the shit outta the FiST, and 'bank' the rest ;) [driving]

Honda has been track testing a revised ctr. The front bumper and a lower profile rear spoiler appear to be the outside changes. This may be the thrifted version that has been discussed as being desirable. It also looks like this one might address a few of the styling issues.