Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Hypergram

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] keep in mind I am located in Canada, but I ordered them from Subie Depot based out of Ottawa: https://www.subiedepot.ca/exterior/...nig-hypergram-17x8-4x108-et40-matte-grey.html

Mine are 17x8 +40. This is the only size available in 4x108 bolt pattern from Konig.

To me the offset is perfect, it's basically flush with the fenders. I attached a couple more photos below.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by all 17x8 are the same on 215/40R17 tires. The offset of the wheel will dictate how far the wheels stick out. Mine are +40mm offset. If I put on the same wheels, same tires but with +20mm offset for example, they will stick out further by another 20mm.
OK thanks man I found them on eBay.

Got it, 17x8 only. I appreciate your patience I'm new to the wheel upgrade game, learning alot.....

So essentially since we have the same size tires mine would look the same as yours, only I'm on Mountune springs so I'm a bit lower. The main thing I'm concerned about is not getting that stretched look I see so much. I'm poking around for some close ups of the rota grids on my size tires in 17x8 but can't find them. I'm debating between those and the hypergrams. Decisions decisions!!!!! The hypergrams are a bit lighter but I'm just in love with the grid look. But the hypergrams look swell too. Ughh.......

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #142
OK thanks man I found them on eBay.

Got it, 17x8 only. I appreciate your patience I'm new to the wheel upgrade game, learning alot.....

So essentially since we have the same size tires mine would look the same as yours, only I'm on Mountune springs so I'm a bit lower. The main thing I'm concerned about is not getting that stretched look I see so much. I'm poking around for some close ups of the rota grids on my size tires in 17x8 but can't find them. I'm debating between those and the hypergrams. Decisions decisions!!!!! The hypergrams are a bit lighter but I'm just in love with the grid look. But the hypergrams look swell too. Ughh.......
I think the RSRR are slightly wider than my Evos, so I don't think there will be any stretch for your setup. I had the same concern as you before I bought my tires, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I actually wish I had gotten the RSRR instead but it wasn't available at the time.

As for Hypergram vs. Grid, just get both [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I think the RSRR are slightly wider than my Evos, so I don't think there will be any stretch for your setup. I had the same concern as you before I bought my tires, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I actually wish I had gotten the RSRR instead but it wasn't available at the time.

As for Hypergram vs. Grid, just get both [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I'm probably facing PTSD (Post traumatic tire disorder) because I've seen a few pics of the Grids on stock size tires and they look horrible, stretched and the rim pokes way out. Hit a curb and the tire won't protec it, you're doomed. Not that I hit curbs, just saying I don't like that look. I have the 215s but I have a buddy who has the same exact tire and size as me and he has rota Titans 17x8 and they stick out past the tire. I can't find a pic of the Grids from the right angle to see how it would look, and I posted on that thread but nobody is responding. If the Grids look like his Titans I don't know that I'm going to like it so I'm trying to get a pic before I purchase.

The Hypergrams look nice and tucked in, really nice. I'm still a bit more in love with the Grids though. Just not sure. But thanks!

Get both? Haha not happening, I pay cash for mods and saved up a good while in my piggy bank for one set!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The 40 offset looks perfect:)

------------

A slight stretch is always best for feedback and control but some tires work fine squared up and some on rather narrow wheels but one has to research that carefully. I had a race Miata with tread width about like a 275 on 7" wide wheels, called cantilever, designed to get around the rules, looked really goofy but worked.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had a race Miata with tread width about like a 275 on 7" wide wheels, called cantilever, designed to get around the rules, looked really goofy but worked.
Those are PURE, thin-carcass, road race slicks, used for SCCA /Production classes, yes, as you've stated, to get around wheel width rules for those classes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually, the Evos are 0.3" WIDER in TREAD WIDTH than both the RS-RRs AND the RS-Rs, at least according to their size charts, which is WHY I was going to get those, instead of the 200 tread wear Federals, until I heard many on here complain of the 'mushiness' of their side walls, and poor(er) turn-in response.

But that 0.3" will not matter too much in the 'stretch' on an 8" wide wheel, becoming 'square' to the wheel lip, instead of the wheel being very slightly inside the bead as they are on your Evos are in those pics. ;)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Is there any other vendors of these besides Custom Wheels Express that someone already mentioned? I'm looking for them in bronze. CWE only has them in matte gunmetal.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
They might not come out in that color as not as much demand for it, a bit of a passing fad it seems as not many good wheels come in that color now:(
The only option is painting them and air drying, not powder coated as it would ruin the strength of the very thin rims(barrels, etc, the outer part of the wheel) and could become dangerous.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Those are PURE, thin-carcass, road race slicks, used for SCCA /Production classes, yes, as you've stated, to get around wheel width rules for those classes.
They were a really odd looking and built tire, thinner tread with very thick and heavy sidewalls to keep them from flexing to much. I did not run them as tore the car up to built for a different class, flares and 15x11 wheels with very low weight 275 normal slicks.

Putting the hypers back on tomorrow for auto x. I'll snap some more photos of fitment and stretch.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Have you measured the tread temps across them to ensure enough camber and or air pressure?

Also zero or perhaps a touch of tow out could help, it does for turn in response as well.

Since on an R compound it is usually OK to add more camber but not to much so you loose braking or acceleration grip.

In case not known that is a road race compound which can be slower to heat up for autocross even though designed to heat up fast for road courses.

Just orders a set of the gray hypers for my FiST from Discount Tire locally (IL). I’m going to run stock tires since they have a lot of life left. Also going to drop the car soon so at least I’ll have an idea if a larger tire will fit once lowered.

Just pulled the trigger on a set of these from DiscountTire (Go Keselowski!) Anyone running Nitto Neogens in 205/40/17's? Curious to see the stretch.

Also, is anyone using Muteki sr48's? Or will I have to buy new lugs..again

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Just pulled the trigger on a set of these from DiscountTire (Go Keselowski!) Anyone running Nitto Neogens in 205/40/17's? Curious to see the stretch.

Also, is anyone using Muteki sr48's? Or will I have to buy new lugs..again
Have you considered the 215/40-17 NeoGen? My friend is running them on his stock 17x7s so I bet it would look and fit great on the Hypergram. Unless you're trying to get some stretch?

Have you considered the 215/40-17 NeoGen? My friend is running them on his stock 17x7s so I bet it would look and fit great on the Hypergram. Unless you're trying to get some stretch?
I had bought the tires planning to put them on the stockers, but I decided to get myself a nice xmas gift this year haha

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm sure it will be fine. You already have the tires and you know you're gonna mount them lol. Per Nitto's website, the 205/40-17 is approved for an 8in rim. My 205/45-16 NeoGens are only approved for a 7.5in rim but I have them on a 16x8 and they look great. I guess you can be the guinea pig. ;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have not been posting much for some time now so going to say a few things I have not said on the forum for awhile.
The widest tire you can fit is not always the best choice but also the factory sidewall specs cannot be trusted, look up the real specs on their websites if published. Not sure in 16 or 17 as I run 15s but many tires are far wider than it would seem and some far narrower as well, the NeoGen in 205/50/15 fits perfectly on an 8" wheel due to being a rather wide 205, the one listed above at 7.5 tread width would be the right size for an 8 as well. What you want for ultimate balance of grip, feedback, control all meaning a faster tire in all but perhaps drag racing is a little bit of stretch to stiffen up the sidewall a bit.

That said, the NeoGen is really not an all season tire, it is three season only at best though I have them for my late fall, winter and early spring setup I do did not drive the car in the snow, etc as I had a big duramax dually 4WD (actually 6WD) and now an AWD 4runner for such use. If you get much snow or ice and want to use the car in such conditions I would get the Michelin PS3 AS tires(the PS2 I had on 17s rode rough and very noisy but great grip for an AS tire) Better yet, run sticky tires in the fun months and high performance none studded tires in the rough ones if you want to use it as a daily driver and now work around the bad days with a different vehicle.