Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Genya's Fiesta ST Build

OP
G
Thread Starter #21

Accessport arrived with Mountune E40 Tune. Had some time to drive the car around and get some basic impressions.

The Federal Evo 595 are a bit squishy on turn in and then are compliant, so much I was at first thnking I had not inflated them properly lol. On the highway they are much more comfortable and less "crashy" In the mountains, once warm and you get used to them (if you can comfortably have to trust them a bit) they are not too shabby. They are a reasonable replacement tire with a higher treadwear than stock. Straight line wise, I do not get as much wheelspin as stock even with increased power when it does spin it is nothing dramatic or loud.

Radiator works great, I have not seen over 200 degrees even in 90's weather and high loads at various elevations. The install is a bit of a labor intensive process. I recommend doing it while doing any of the following upgrades since they all involve removing the bumper and I dont like doing any of it twice: Big Mouth, Oil Cooler, Thermostat upgrade, Intercooler. Bleeding is super simple with a bleeder valve on the top of the radiator. I did not install silicone hoses since all they have ever done at best is slip off or develop a clamp inducted leak at the worst of times. I would have done an Oil cooler as well, however I think lowering the coolant temp will lower the oil temp enough since they are both tied to each other anyways since the oil cooler is water cooled.

Big mouth and ST200 Intake:
So far I like both of these upgrades, there is a little extra noise from the st200 intake otherwise since its a plastic mountune intale there isnt much to add, however I do appreciate it keeps my underhood stock looking in CARB Land. The Black big mouth is hardly noticeable from the front and there is plenty of data on those. I added a mountune drop in filter as well since it came with the accessport for free this week.

$10 Ebay 10mm Exhaust Hangers, Tsudo Exhaust

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/user/vr6rado1/media/00C62CB4-0FC6-4784-83D4-59D97C0AA483_zpsxiw7sjz5.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/vr6rado1/00C62CB4-0FC6-4784-83D4-59D97C0AA483_zpsxiw7sjz5.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

A cost saving measure no doubt.
The hangars are 10mm generic ebay hangers, as you can see they are so cheap the mold has some garbage in it, however other than that mounted perfectly, and are very stiff, I would recommend since they arent seen very often anyway.

The Exhaust is interesting, at first i found a bit loud on deceleration. PRO-TIP LOL Rev Assist is the Droning exhausts Devil. Eliminate it and exhaust will sound much better. I would recommend it, sounds like most 2.5-3" exhausts with a resonator really has some pops from high rpm decel, and sounds great full throttle, shifts that take place around 3k will be loud as on most fiesta systems but tolerable once rev assist is eliminated. Overall I will keep it and would recommend at the price. 340 plus 50$ to install works for me.

[/URL][/IMG]
Depo Intercooler: So far so good, best price and no problems installing it, fits under the bumper, pretty much looks like stock from behind the bumper which is nice. Fits in like stock drops temps.

Accessort: So far love it, Have been playing with the Stg 2 and the Mountune E40 tune, will have further impressions of it later as we tune the E40 file. However so far very exciting to drive. Back to stock for some baseline map zero baseline logs for now.

Next will be the front traction bar and rear torsion, and swift springs to wrap up the suspension.

OP
G
Thread Starter #22
Black Friday Update lol.

Bought the following:
Vinyl Sparco R100S
Planted Tech Brackets.
Swift Spec-R Springs.
Bilstein B6
Superpro endlinks
Poly Spring Rear Things.

A bunch of Saab Parts to redo the tired suspension (Bilstein B4, Springs, Endlinks, Tie Rods, Control Arms)

Recieved the Planted Brackets, and Sparco R100 in Vinyl, will be looking for a leather rear fiesta seat soon.

Ran at Race Wars (Time on Right) and Got the time I was wanting out of the car which was (80mph trap) I ran once and decided I was good, should trap 100mph in the 1/4 which is all I want speed wise from the car.

Old Run before Tune finalized.

After the saab is back to speed will be putting the fiesta away for a bit to install everything and will take more pics.

OP
G
Thread Starter #23
The Super Pro Endlinks Arrived, Awaiting Rear B6 and Poly Spring Isolators for Rear and will start installing.

Im pretty sure will have these installed when the alignment is done proabably in Spring.

OP
G
Thread Starter #25
Ill try to add another, I attempted to do a rolling one but got a bunch of wind noise. So here is a startup.

https://youtu.be/nevLFNwKEeY

I also got to see Jay Leno and his Carrera GT which was cool on Mondays Drive

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I HOPE that he is smart enough to put fresh, hyper-performance donuts on that thing before blasting through the canyons with it! [wink]

OP
G
Thread Starter #27
So while I wait for the Suspension bits in the rear to arrive decided to do a few misc mods: (Click to enlarge and see dirty car)

Today put in the Spec D Smoked LED Tails

Have had the powerflex rear bushings for a while, but never got around to adding pictures.

Hopefully this weekend will be installing the Backup cam with the Forscan Thread rules, hoping to send the signal wirelessly from hatch to front so I dont have to mess around with wires.

don't mean to treat jack but wondering about hubcentric rings...I got xxr527 wheels and my installer said I didn't need them. What if you install them and don't need them? I mean they're only $20 but if you don't need them why put them on right?

OP
G
Thread Starter #29
OP
G
Thread Starter #30
Lowered the Car on B6 Bilstein and Swifts, using the Powerflex rear Bushings (Thanks Whoosh) and the End links. Still awaiting the rear B6 but sould be a quick install when they arrive. Install wasnt too bad, used Camber Bolts, and the Alignment seems to be pretty spot on will redo post rear Shock install.

I was suprised how thin the old endlinks looked.

Powerflex Rear Bushings:

Post Installl

During this time installed the Ford ST Shift knob(Barely Viewable below), as well as the FSWERKS short shifter kit and boomba transmission bracket bushings. A recommended improvement!

Next up I believe I have the other boomba shifter bushings, backup cam and this middle lower brace thingy.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Any difference in steering feel with those end links?|

Where did you end up getting those end links?

OP
G
Thread Starter #32
Any difference in steering feel with those end links?|

Where did you end up getting those end links?
Hard to tell really since I upgraded the Springs and struts around the same time. I took a 60 mile round trip up Hwy 2 and feedback was excellent and confidence inspiring. I bought the Superpro TRC10200 from Ebay was around $99 shipped. Came pretty much the right length out the box and while in there I would recommend. However it has been recommended by Sekred for more adjustment 10160 may be a better part if lowered more.

OP
G
Thread Starter #33
This weekend took the oppurtunity to do a few things to the car:

Added Boomba Shifter bushings: This completes the set under the hood and the lever reduction under the hood as well. I really enjoy this mod. The wiggle left to right in gear is GREATLY reduced, and the install wasnt that bad.

The other day was looking and found a place that had N.O.S for Performance Rotors (now EBC) so bought the two rear shipped for $40.00

Lastly installed the backup camera and enabled it via Forscan:

Next hoping to get the front GD rotors and some yellowstuff pads, and replace the EVO 595 with RS-RR and more tracking! (Oh and hopefully rear Bilsteins will come in soon)

OP
G
Thread Starter #34
Replaced the 595 Evo with the RS-RR this past weekend.

First Impressions:
These are actually NARROWER than the 595 Evo which is odd.
The tire noise is real. I personally do not mind but to many it will be annoying.
Wheel spin is drastically reduced over the Evo. Second gear full throttle much more productive.
Grip is much much much better. Braking seems shorter.

Will see April how Motorsports times reduce when returning to the track.

Thinking will go back and attempt to run a last 1/4 mile since i think 60' would be greatly reduced.

Went some time ago and down to 14.1 but feel a 13.9 would be workable if I could the 60'ft. (2.4 horrible, best on 595 has been a 2.2, hoping for a 2.1-2.2 with the RS-RR and a high 13 run@100)

free picture hosting for ebay

Next waiting on the front USR Rotors and Yellowstuff Pads for the front, GD Rotors and Yellowsuff for rear brakes, Boomba Brake Cooling Deflectors, and a fluid flush.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, they are about the noisiest 'streetable' tires on the market, but they shame Super Glue in the stickiness department for less coin than almost all of the other 200 tread wear specials out there!! [thumb]

Are you going to use the SRF or the RB600 when you do the brakes?

OP
G
Thread Starter #36
Yes, they are about the noisiest 'streetable' tires on the market, but they shame Super Glue in the stickiness department for less coin than almost all of the other 200 tread wear specials out there!! [thumb]

Are you going to use the SRF or the RB600 when you do the brakes?

I initally was going to go with the RB600, however after a track day noticed my brake fluid had evaporated so I opened it and topped it off (Couldnt stand to top it off with the dot 3 above lol)

This stressed me out since its also the clutch fluid and was low enough to make clutch engagement noise. So this time going with the SRF and hoping not to worry about any boiling for a while (even if I accidently leave ESC on hopefully)

The good news is the USR rotors and yellowstuff arrive tommorow. I hope to put them in sunday, commute and drive 500miles this week and hope to have them reasonably bedded in before a mini track day on the 7th.

OP
G
Thread Starter #37
Update after 3 months my Ultra Racing Middle Lower Brace Arrived I should have it installed by Saturday track time:

Quality Seems nice, currently have torsion bar and front lower brace, this mounts a little behind where the mountune brace would be and ends by the cross bar near the exhaust will add pics later.

Installed the EBC yellow stuff and USR Rotors, however the pads where for a fiesta titanium, I had two new correct fronts sent to me, so have a spare pair I may let go.

OP
G
Thread Starter #38
[video=youtube;SNkvfPty0FA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkvfPty0FA[/video]

Track day Intermediate at auto club interior good pace but not trying to fly relaxed braking and some crusing esp when srt-4 loses brakes at start of video, will probably put overlay in it later. Best lap 1:26 max 1.3g

[video=youtube;dwFYwuHWg04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwFYwuHWg04&feature=youtu.be[/video]

First Session, much more traffic, chase mustang most of it till pass. Best lap 1:31 Skip to 8:49 for Mustang code brown, gives up the pass later lol

Last edited:
OP
G
Thread Starter #39
Was pulling maintence on the Fiesta and pulled the EBC Yellows I installed in March. Have Ran these weekly in the Mountains and a track day shown above three sessions, and 3 weekends at Adams motorsports park (Very small track more like autox). Going to Streets of Willow this saturday and figured they were below 50% but not, still swapped out.

With the React SRF and other items, no fade the weekend, very satisfied with them street and track day. Recommended.

More Leno Pics from the weekend with his GT and by my Fiesta lol