Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Ron,
Many of the replacement crossover pipes utilize the OE mounting grommets.
These grommets sometimes get destroyed.
I have not found the OE grommets sold separately.
The OE grommets have a wider center spacing.
Can you get them?

Dave

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #226
Ron, how do the carbon hood vents install? Are they taped down or bolted?
carbon motorsport vents are to be "stuck on" with adhesive

Ron are the carbon eyebrows back in stock?
we just received moew hood vents and Fiesta black out emblems today
eyebrows are on the way

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
carbon motorsport vents are to be "stuck on" with adhesive

we just received moew hood vents and Fiesta black out emblems today
eyebrows are on the way
Sweet, I'm glad to hear the eyebrows are gonna be in soon, ordered mine almost a month ago just so i could make sure I'd get a set this time.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #228
we finally have the Motorcraft 180 Thermostats on the site / IN STOCK

plenty of other things have been added since the last post and more coming!

Anxious to see the reaction on a few parts we have coming that were never offered by anyone else [lovest]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you go through with it, and can source another radiator option for us, will it be a substantial improvement in cooling capability over the two now offered for us, or will it be the same capacity as the others, but just offered at a lower cost??

TDavis

1000 Post Club
IF you go through with it, and can source another radiator option for us, will it be a substantial improvement in cooling capability over the two now offered for us, or will it be the same capacity as the others, but just offered at a lower cost??
Did somebody say Whoosh brand rads?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just curious, when it was over 100 degrees out and I was sitting with the AC on I was still a full 20 degrees below limp mode, and you are in PA, so would this be for track racing in high summer heat mainly? Also the thermostat sounds like a good start, but I'm worried about additional carbon buildup too, I think there is a good reason they run the car hot, IMHO... but for those suffering from thermal issues, it's always nice to see more options!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just curious, when it was over 100 degrees out and I was sitting with the AC on I was still a full 20 degrees below limp mode, and you are in PA, so would this be for track racing in high summer heat mainly? Also the thermostat sounds like a good start, but I'm worried about additional carbon buildup too, I think there is a good reason they run the car hot, IMHO... but for those suffering from thermal issues, it's always nice to see more options!
I have NOT experienced the rampant overheating issue that many on here seem to have incessantly.

But then I am still on the factory IC, (and I DO increase the water content of the coolant during the summer, as well as add a surfactant additive, LubeGard's "Cool It") and have not run the car quite as brutally as most on here have, and yes, also NOT in the southwestern/southern EXTREME ambients they get 8+ months of the year.

But I DO fear that I WILL have problems, which WILL necessitate an aftermarket radiator once I have the bar and plate IC (CP-E) installed, AND have the Skid Plate Guy's plate on, at the same time during the summer season, especially in stop and go traffic for miles on end. [:(]

I wish I could turn the fan on at will, without having to use a tune to do so (like I could on my last car). ;)

Carbon build up (especially during the winter months) is one of the reasons I am reluctant to not just go with a 180* thermostat (which I might do anyway during a radiator change), but even more so, WHY I am reluctant to go with the colder plugs everyone touts sooo highly on here, and seem to think is a NECESSITY, even on the factory turbo, with a factory tune.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I have NOT experienced the rampant overheating issue that many on here seem to have incessantly.

But then I am still on the factory IC, (and I DO increase the water content of the coolant during the summer, as well as add a surfactant additive, LubeGard's "Cool It") and have not run the car quite as brutally as most on here have, and yes, also NOT in the southwestern/southern EXTREME ambients they get 8+ months of the year.

But I DO fear that I WILL have problems, which WILL necessitate an aftermarket radiator once I have the bar and plate IC (CP-E) installed, AND have the Skid Plate Guy's plate on, at the same time during the summer season, especially in stop and go traffic for miles on end. [:(]

I wish I could turn the fan on at will, without having to use a tune to do so (like I could on my last car). ;)

Carbon build up (especially during the winter months) is one of the reasons I am reluctant to not just go with a 180* thermostat (which I might do anyway during a radiator change), but even more so, WHY I am reluctant to go with the colder plugs everyone touts sooo highly on here, and seem to think is a NECESSITY, even on the factory turbo, with a factory tune.
Chances are you probably won't. I'm fmic , X47R in Florida and never goes above 213 .

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Good detail, thanks for the reply, I may try additives too... but with most tunes running a more aggressive fan speed profile, what's wrong with that? Also, definitely agree the cooling in general is marginal on these cars, just switching to the larger FL-400S oil filter helped both oil and coolant temps 5-10 degrees, REALLY shows how marginal the cooling system is with that just from a little bigger oil filter, which to me is a no-brainer and not sure why Ford doesn't just call for it in the first place... anyway, not going to detail Ron's thread, it's great how he's always adding more options for us!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #239
continually adding more goodies!

any thoughts on the new products ???

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
continually adding more goodies!

any thoughts on the new products ???
hey the downpipe to catback adapter thing is interesting

my 3" cat-back has a 3" transition from stock to 3", if I replaced my DP with a 3" one, that adapter would let me connect the two, right?

Just checking - my exhaust shop won't install an aftermarket cat (yay california) and I don't want to install a cat and drive to the shop with the exhaust disconnected to have them remove the transition and go full 3".

Manifold's pretty cool too - is it externally distinguishable from stock (visually)?