Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #242
Will the new manifold work with the stock turbo and other hybrids or just the VT330?
yes,
stock turbo & any turbo that bolts to the OEM manifold
the largest concentration is at the 4 individual port ares where the casting is smaller than the gasket used between the mani and head.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #243
hey the downpipe to catback adapter thing is interesting

my 3" cat-back has a 3" transition from stock to 3", if I replaced my DP with a 3" one, that adapter would let me connect the two, right?

Just checking - my exhaust shop won't install an aftermarket cat (yay california) and I don't want to install a cat and drive to the shop with the exhaust disconnected to have them remove the transition and go full 3".

Manifold's pretty cool too - is it externally distinguishable from stock (visually)?
Manifold is 100% exterior

as for the adapter, it's really meant for 3" DP's to smaller exhaust systems
but this could be used for a true 3" cat back to stock DP
either way it would help the transition from 3" to about 2.5"

our new V2 whoosh DP does not have the "reducer ring" for smaller exhausts so this adapter is needed when running a true 3" DP to 2.5" or stock exhaust

confusing I know but I hope that helps a bit

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #245
Since you have your own branded products, why you haven’t add a complete catback exhaust?? (Just curious)
there is one in development
nothing like what's currently available I might add....
I don't like to say much until I have a sample or I'm close to release

There are a few others things that's you'll see before the cat back exhaust

danbfree

3000 Post Club
yes,
stock turbo & any turbo that bolts to the OEM manifold
the largest concentration is at the 4 individual port ares where the casting is smaller than the gasket used between the mani and head.
Very cool idea and at a very reasonable price, I don't suppose you know what the gains are for stock turbo do you? I mean, I'm sure it's more limited compared to VT330, but curious...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
there is one in development
nothing like what's currently available I might add....
I don't like to say much until I have a sample or I'm close to release

There are a few others things that's you'll see before the cat back exhaust
I'm a bit surprised you'd sell a piggyback but I guess that Delta Boost Module is safe and effective huh?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #248
Very cool idea and at a very reasonable price, I don't suppose you know what the gains are for stock turbo do you? I mean, I'm sure it's more limited compared to VT330, but curious...
dyno comparisons are being done with a stock turbo on Friday at AET
I'll post up here and add to the site when complete

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #249
I'm a bit surprised you'd sell a piggyback but I guess that Delta Boost Module is safe and effective huh?
it's a simple plug and play kick in the pants that's easy to install
I've been asked for the item so I added it
When asked my opinion of which tuner to purchase, the answer is very obvious but some owners have other needs and wants with their car

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #250
IF you go through with it, and can source another radiator option for us, will it be a substantial improvement in cooling capability over the two now offered for us, or will it be the same capacity as the others, but just offered at a lower cost??
basically same as what's out now
more affordable and readily available

danbfree

3000 Post Club
dyno comparisons are being done with a stock turbo on Friday at AET
I'll post up here and add to the site when complete
Nice, even if gains are a little more modest still might be worth it when running e30 and looking to work the stock turbo to the max and then could be used when you decide to go hybrid anyway. :)

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
it's a simple plug and play kick in the pants that's easy to install
I've been asked for the item so I added it
When asked my opinion of which tuner to purchase, the answer is very obvious but some owners have other needs and wants with their car
For sure, we all know the main tuning device can do a whole lot more but this sounds like a GREAT option for warranty stealth and 4 psi isn't going to hurt anything...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's just a stock manifold ported out, which is great to have a proven option for! Otherwise you are trying to find machine shops to do this and you don't know what you're going to get...
Also, yet another way for those running a very stock-appearing hybrid to REMAIN stock appearing, but WITH a good deal of the gains of a very co$tly (and OBVIOUSLY NOT STOCK) tubular header.

Of course, it does nothing for the Ford 'counter' program (as well as the draconian Cali OBD 2 plug in scans?? [dunno]) in the ECM which WILL detect the requisite tune for that said hybrid. [:(]

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Also, yet another way for those running a very stock-appearing hybrid to REMAIN stock appearing, but WITH gains.

Of course, it does nothing for the Ford 'counter' (as well as the draconian Cali OBD 2 plug in scans?? [dunno]) in the the ECM which WILL detect the requisite tune for that said hybrid. [:(]
Well, smog tests don't look for a factory tune they just read the emissions sensor data, but in Cali they do visual inspections for sure... But only plug in and go as long as you aren't coming in smelly and loud from no cats up here in Oregon, no visual by default at all and think it's the same most other states with emissions checks too. But if you are running a hybrid then yeah, you are going to have problems trying to get engine warranty work regardless if you have any other mods at all since obviously you HAVE to run a non-stock tune... But regardless, indeed a good mod to do that increases efficiency and power that adds no further risk of warranty or smog check issues for sure, very nice.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, smog tests don't look for a factory tune they just read the emissions sensor data, but in Cali they do visual inspections for sure... But only plug in and go as long as you aren't coming in smelly and loud from no cats up here in Oregon, no visual by default at all and think it's the same most other states with emissions checks too. But if you are running a hybrid then yeah, you are going to have problems trying to get engine warranty work regardless if you have any other mods at all since obviously you HAVE to run a non-stock tune... But regardless, indeed a good mod to do that increases efficiency and power that adds no further risk of warranty or smog check issues for sure, very nice.
I was not sure, with Cali being so draconian with their CARB inspections, why I put the [dunno] in there (I thought that they would have something like the Ford techs' OBD2 diagnostic 'counter' which CAN tell if there ever was an aftermarket tune in that particular ECM).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was not sure, with Cali being so draconian with their CARB inspections, why I put the [dunno] in there (I thought that they would have something like the Ford techs' OBD2 diagnostic 'counter' which CAN tell if there ever was an aftermarket tune in that particular ECM).
Oh, for sure, it's bad enough with the visual checks, at least a stock FiST with an e30 tune alone is pretty fun... so stealth mods like the manifold port and waste gate upgrade can help those guys and probably is smart to do in general.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #260
keep an eye out for tons of new goodies everyone....

we have a stocked warehouse and some great parts dropping [twothumb]