Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Permanent Live

I am looking for a permanent live feed in my ST-2 2013 (UK). I have found plenty of "false" permanents - they shut off after a few minutes so are no good. Short of trying every fuse and wire, which is time consuming, I was wondering if anybody has had any success finding a permanent live feed, preferably on the fusebox side (behind the glove box). I know I can follow the loom and go direct to the battery, but I would rather keep the wiring neat and tidy.

Any suggestions gratefully received ! (For info: the 12V power sockets are not on permanently - the front one is ignition driven, and the back one is "timed").

OP
N
Thread Starter #2
After much testing and experimentation I found that fuse 21 is a permanent live - it feeds the audio system. I was able to piggyback off that.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Good to know and glad that you got it sorted. Sorry we were not much help and thanks for sharing
Rep'd

Etyrnus

I had a feeling out power outlets were not permanently on, I have a dashcam and while it stays on for a bit, if I come back to the car around 30 minutes later it has shut off. I was just hoping to confirm this. I plug it in the rear seat outlet.

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
Rear socket stays on for a number of minutes before powering off - think its about 15 minutes or so, whereas the front one goes off immediately.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The US spec cars are different.
Both front and rear power outlets are hot ALL of the time in my car.

Dave

OP
N
Thread Starter #7
I thought as much - seem to be quite a few differences when you compare specs.

Etyrnus

The US spec cars are different.
Both front and rear power outlets are hot ALL of the time in my car.

Dave
That's odd, because mine behaves like nwileman says, at least for the rear. I leave the camera plugged in, and I went into my garage about 30 minutes after getting home and the light on its power adapter was off. I haven't tested the front one as that one is actually less convenient for me to use (my phone sits perfectly in that spot).