Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full Removal of Sound Symposer

Hello,

I just purchased the whoosh brand symposer delete however, in addition, i was wondering if anyone had a how-to on removing the top tube that actually goes into the cabin as well, as the ideal situation is remove anything that doesnt need to be in there. Thank you for any assistance.

Hello,

I just purchased the whoosh brand symposer delete however, in addition, i was wondering if anyone had a how-to on removing the top tube that actually goes into the cabin as well, as the ideal situation is remove anything that doesnt need to be in there. Thank you for any assistance.
It joins to the tube that passes through the firewall under the battery tray. You can disconnect and remove it there.

Make sure you then plug up the remaining tube else you’ll hear an annoying whistling in the cabin from air passing by it.

That remaining tube is also a convenient way to pass wires into the cabin. I run my boost reference tube through it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I cut mine with a razor blade back by the battery and pointed it down behind the battery. I know mine will never go back to stock so I didn't mind cutting it.
There is no noise or whistle from it from what I can tell....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I kept the section which goes into the fire wall once the Symposer tube itself is disconnected, for the exact same reason (for future use) that allpurposeben above did, and also just in case I have to go back to TOTAL factory stock.

I DID put a rubber stopper into the end of that open fire wall tube to keep any noise. moisture, etc. from entering the cabin.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I did also plug the hole

But eventually I will use it to run boost hoses and a power cable for the system

What size plugs did you guys use for the tube leading to the firewall? I was thinking of cutting it back like whoosh but wasn’t sure about fumes or other issues. Ideally would like to seal it up as well.

Thanks

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I removed the pipe up to the junction behind the battery, then i stuffed a shop towel in it. Voila.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I removed the pipe up to the junction behind the battery, then i stuffed a shop towel in it. Voila.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I did the same, but used a large vacuum cap (5/8" or 3/4" forgot which) to plug the end of the hose/tube. ;)

Thanks for your help. I used the tape, works like a charm. I can’t believe how quiet the car is now. I have a intake and mountune exhaust, so I’m not bothered. Ford did well on it especially those who are bone stock.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Because it drones and is annoying imo
This... if you are the type of person who goes 75+ on the freeway, you know you are giving it throttle to keep the speed up and so it definitely can drone... personally, I keep my music up and don't push past 75 too much anyway, so it's not annoying but the times I was pushing it faster it definitely can drone... Otherwise, without any exhaust mods I don't mind it much personally, it gives me some engine feedback, but totally see why many people find it annoying... Eventually I'm going to do some exhaust work to get some actual exhaust noise and I'm deleting this sucker too, always nice to have more room and less stuff in the way under the hood as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is also at least the chance that it will be a source for a boost leak in the future, once all of the plastic it is made out of, and the internal noise producing diaphragm, become brittle with age/heat exposure/temp swings/etc. :(