Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2j racing intake

Sorry if this has been talked about, but is anyone running the 2j racing intake? If so what's your opinion of it and has anyone put it on a 2017?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sorry if this has been talked about, but is anyone running the 2j racing intake? If so what's your opinion of it and has anyone put it on a 2017?
The big issue is the emissions system on 2016 on up has a tube that connects up to the intake hose from the air box to the throttle body. 2015 and below do not have this option making things a little easier. Just an FYI...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The few who run this intake system (even on a '16 up with the required adapters) either LOVE the outright NOISE it makes, or do not mind it at all in order to get the (very) few extra ponies it gives vs. other (or stock) systems.

I've heard some say the sound is akin to a 747 taking off from a runway, and it's right there in your face at the base of the windshield. [crazyeye]

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
What is the emission issues? Check engine light, etc?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, if you do not get the '16 and up adapter setup for this, and other not specifically made for these years' models (whoosh has them for sale separately from any intake kit), you will get a cluster light.

The few who run this intake system (even on a '16 up with the required adapters) either LOVE the outright NOISE it makes, or do not mind it at all in order to get the (very) few extra ponies it gives vs. other (or stock) systems.

I've heard some say the sound is akin to a 747 taking off from a runway, and it's right there in your face at the base of the windshield. [crazyeye]
Yup, totally sounds like a jet plane taking off.

I absolutely love mine.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Wow after watching that video I could see it getting annoying lol

But then a loud exhuast could mask all that

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wow after watching that video I could see it getting annoying lol

But then a loud exhuast could mask all that
It is most likely louder (or worse, depending on whether or not you love 'intake noises') IN PERSON, inside the car than just watching the vid. [:(]

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I uber and lyft so I don't want people commenting about it

Plus I drive my family around in my car so it seems hard to hold a conversation

OP
B
Thread Starter #13
I have ordered the JMS MAF extension to help with this. It's 3 foot long. So that should make it pretty simple.

I have ordered the JMS MAF extension to help with this. It's 3 foot long. So that should make it pretty simple.
Thanks, Blaine.

Do you know where the start of the extension might go? I’m not seeing where it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #16
I am not sure yet. Hopefully it'll be at the house today when I get off to take a look at it. I'd like to see some good pictures of the install from the people that have done this.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Just installed the 2J this past weekend. The hardest part is the intake is a bitch to get into the hole behind the cowl. It took a lot of cussing to maneuver it. I had to trim the silicon piece that fits the intake to the turbo inlet for it to fit because its a perfect fit. The filter that comes with it is also tight. I had to shove that on pretty hard but all in all its fairly simple on the 2017. The MAF extension connects right off the MAF stock MAF wiring harness and the MAF sensor gets moved to a premade mount on the intake. I trimmed the vacuum hose because it was longer than I needed but made a mistake trimming the heater hose. I had to JB weld the hose back together and will be buying a replacement hose soon. The little black aluminum piece that comes with it is designed to fit right into the intake on the motor but I noticed a sensor right before the hose connects to the motor and instead put the end of it into the stock hose coming off the motor. The adapter kit for the evap I got from COBB and deletes your intercooler hose and is an all in one. 2J sends a small silver aluminum piece which would fit into the stock vacuum line but because of the adapter I moved it to the part of the hose that extends to the filter. Also, don't use the hose clamps that come with the intake. The hose clamp will fit the turbo side but not the intake side. Buy bigger ones.